We are a juried trading group for artists who have been creating art for sometime and want to trade for ATCs and mail art that exhibits a more advanced stage of artistic development and skill. If you're still learning to draw or paint, then this probably isn't the place for you.
We accept art in the following mediums:
- Digital painting
- Limited edition print making
- Mixed media with handdrawn elements (handdrawn is in the majority)
If you are a collage, fibre or other (not listed above) artist and want to apply, please send us an email. Your portfolio must be very strong to apply in this area.
This is what we are seeking in the artwork of potential members:
- Technical drawing skills (for P&P applicants)
- Consistency in artwork
- Skill in chosen medium
- Good use of color
- This is a juried website. Membership is not automatic.
- ALL iATCs members vote on applicants. Two thirds yes votes are required for membership.
- It is important that you have 10 - 20 pieces in your gallery for our art panel to review. Ensure that these pieces are in the medium for which you are applying. You cannot give us a link to a full gallery. Please select a 10-20 piece portfolio. Failure to do so means your vote will not go though to the art panel(s). If this happens you can simply apply again and provide a portfolio.
- You don't have to include ATCs but it would be nice if you have any to show our members that you can transition to a small size – this may affect the art panel decision. Not all artists can transition to such a small size successfully.
- Please upload images for review to a photo sharing or gallery site such as Flickr, PictureTrail, DeviantArt, Photobucket, etc;
- Please do NOT link to artwork in blogs or MySpace pages. It's too difficult to find the artwork in many cases.
- Please allow us up to 72 hours to review your application and images.
- Members must be 18 years old to join or have a permission letter from parents.
- If you have already applied for membership and were turned down, please wait 6 months before applying again.
- This is not a site to join solely to promote your ACEOs. We trade here, we don't sell. The ACEO category is only available to regular, TRADING members with a +5 iTrader rating.
It is best not to send us links to your entire Deviantart, Flickr or AFA gallery. If you include your entire gallery, then the panel will see your weak art pieces as well (we all have them). This will probably work against your application. You may increase your chances of acceptance when you prepare a dedicated portfolio of your best work and limit submission to 10 pieces at the very least and 20 at the very most.
coloured pencil on toned paper