I'll join 2 groups please!
Spring Favorite Artist Pick-a-theme
# of players: 25 (5 groups of 5)
Sign up by: Until spots are filled
Cards due by: June 10, 2008
Mediums: Hand drawn or painted
Hosted by: Princessgene
Cards are either to be replicas of, OR inspired by the work of the chosen artist. Below is an example of an original painting and two works done by members.
Painting by Mrs. Weyermaster:
Painting by Princessgene:
Pick a Theme SWAP Info:
1. Sign up for no more than 2 groups and choose a favorite artist for your theme; please provide links to their work. Make sure to list any other specifications for your cards; ie: no nudes, landscapes preferred, etc.
2. Once you sign up you can’t withdraw, as some artists start their cards immediately.
3. When your group is full, you must choose your theme.
4. Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme; you then receive 4 cards of your chosen theme in return.
--Put your USERNAME on the backs of your cards
--Make sure that who you made the card for and the group number are on the back of each card.
--Please put clear plastic sleeves on your cards.
--Due date is June 10, 2008.
--Maximum 25 players
--Sign up in the thread and PM me for my address WHEN you are sending your cards.
--Post in the thread or PM me with any questions.
--I will supply the ENVELOPES!
--US players Send 58 cents postage and an address LABEL.
--International Participants, please just send an address LABEL and I will cover postage.
1. Amerasu - Vladan Ignatovic - http://www.whiterockgallery.com/Vladan_Ignatovic.htm
2. Princessgene - Hans Holbein the Younger - http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/htm...aff/index.html (particularly portraits)
3. Artyiagirl - Laylah Ali - http://www.303gallery.com/artist.php?artistid=LA&exh_id=58 (REC'D)
4. Tablynn - Wendy Martin - http://members.cox.net/~uxoricidal/paintings.html (REC'D)
5. Eraser Queen - Sarah Bishop - http://www.sarah-bishop.com/girls/index.html
1. Amerasu - Tamara de Lempicka - http://cgfa.sunsite.dk/lempicka/index.html
2. princessgene - Lorenzo Lotto - http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/htm...aff/index.html (particularly portraits)
3. Tablynn - Hieronymus Bosch - http://bad-penny.gr/bosch/paintings.php?lang=en (REC'D)
4. Mrs. Weyermaster - Salvadore Dali - http://www.dali-gallery.com/
5. Jart - George Tooker - http://www.timlowly.com/a/tooker.html (REC'D)
1. Artyiagirl - Sarah Bishop - http://www.sarah-bishop.com/girls/index.html (REC'D)
2. Livia - Charley Harper - http://www.galleryone.com/harper_prints.htm (REC'D)
3. Katie - Martina Shapiro - http://members.shaw.ca/martisart/ (REC'D)
4. Meran - Daniel Sprick - http://www.danielsprick.com/
5. rkolig - A.J. Casson - http://www.artworldofsherway.com/Fea...Collection.htm
1. Abi - Eric Tournaire - http://www.insideafricanart.com/Artists%20Main%20Pages/Tournaire%20Eric.htm
2. Mrs. Weyermaster - Dante Gabriel Rossetti - http://www.allposters.com/-st/Dante-...rs_c27877_.htm
3. Livia - Mark Reep - http://markreep.net/Art_of_Mark_Reep/RecentWorkGallery.html (REC'D)
4. Adriayna - Pavlina Panova: http://www.art.com/asp/display_artis...EC9D57F5EF05D9 (REC'D)
5. rkolig - Alberto Vargas - http://www.allposters.com/-st/Albert...rs_c63519_.htm
1. Abi - Tinga Tinga - http://www.insideafricanart.com/Artists%20Main%20Pages/Tingatinga-main.htm
2. Lemurkat - Bill Hammond - http://www.nz-artists.co.nz/hammond/hammond.htm (Rec'd)
3. Meran - Daniel Sprick - http://www.danielsprick.com/
4. Eraser Queen - Laurel Burch - http://laurelburch.com/Flash/index.html (Horses preferred)
5. Adriayna - And Ford Smith http://www.art.com/asp/display_artis...EC9D57F5EF05D9 (REC'D)
1. Jart - George Tooker - http://www.timlowly.com/a/tooker.html (REC'D)
2. Rocketwoman - RC Gorman - http://www.nativeamericanfineart.org/sound_frame/soundFRAME.htm?http://www.nativeamericanfineart.org/gallery1.htm
3. Anonevyl - Leyendecker - http://http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/leyendec.htm
4. Judithian - Daniel Merriam http://www.avalongallery.com/merriam/merriam_1.html
5. Al Fresco Gal - Klimt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_...Selected_works
Last edited by princessgene; 06-12-2008 at 11:48 PM.
I'll join a group. I'm gonna have to get back with the artist. something really challenging...
Ok, so first artist - Eric Tournaire - http://www.insideafricanart.com/Arti...ire%20Eric.htm
The second is more of a style (well actually seems to be two styles, but I like both) from an area, but here it is anyways - Tinga Tinga - http://www.insideafricanart.com/Arti...tinga-main.htm
okay here is my artist choice.....Hieronymus Bosch. I love the Garden of Earthly Delight but any of his weirder stuff is fun. I'll try and find a good link although I'm sure you can find him on wikipedia.
Welcome everyone. Can't wait to see all the artists that are picked for this one.
I would like Laylah Ali for group 1- I prefer the Types series and the Portraits. If you are really drawn to the green head series, I'm ok with that as well.
http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/ali/index.html# (if you scroll down the page, you'll see her gallery)
I'd also like to start group 3 with Sarah Bishop: http://www.sarah-bishop.com/girls/index.html
I would like to join group 4 or 5 (I like the African artists).
However, I have two problems...
One is, my pictures will likely be attempting the same style, or paradying the original (like the Madonna and Child picture I did for Mrs Weyremaster, using lemurs instead of humans) - is this acceptable?
Secondly, my artist is Bill Hammond and there is not a great deal of his stuff online. He's a local (as in from my hometown) artist. There are some of his pictures here: http://www.nz-artists.co.nz/hammond/hammond.htm but I prefer his zoomorphs. I DO his book of art and several postcards, however, that I can scan if further reference is required. I recently went to his exhibition and really, really, liked his style and the fact it is based around the european invasion to NZ and Bullers less-than-conservation-orientated behaviour.
Is this ok? Can I join?
Okay I've made all the changes. If there isn't something right, please let me know.
Lemurkat: I don't think what you suggest is a problem, however, I'm not in the group I put you in so I really think the other people who will be in that group would be the ones to say yes or no if that's okay. So far it's only Abi. Hopefully we will get more participants.
Thanks Gene, I promise not to drop out of this one. I can have some fun with Tinga Tinga's art style, methinks. Madagaskar themed, however!
I would like to be in Group 3 and Group 4. My artist are:
Group 3- Charley Harper -Bird or Animal illustrations
Group 4- Mark Reep