IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL: Secret Halloween Present Swap - Sign up by July 25th 2019, mail by Oct 5th

Default ALL: Secret Halloween Present Swap - Sign up by July 25th 2019, mail by Oct 5th

Secret Halloween Present Swap

Please read everything!

Partners Assigned by: July 30, 2019

Mail by: October 5, 2019. DO NOT MAIL BEFORE October 1.
    Package must be in the mail on or before October 5 with a TRACKING NUMBER (except for internationals).

Important: You may be shipping internationally. If you cannot afford international shipping costs, do not sign up. DO NOT COMPLAIN about shipping costs in the thread.

WHO can play?
    There is a minimum iTrader rating requirement of +25 to join this swap. iTraders from AFA count here.
    You must be or have been an active trader within the past 3 months (must have an iTrader between April 1 - June 30) on either iATCs or AFA.
    You may not play if you have negative iTraders within the past 3 months.

YOU MUST SEND:
    --One HOMEMADE GIFT
    --MINOR MAIL ART see below
    --LOCAL TREAT

HOMEMADE GIFT examples:
    A 5 x 7 arch (see pattern below)
    A 5x7 canvas
    2 postcards 4x6
    2 chunky pages 4x4
    1 art doll (paper or knitted or stuffy)
    2 USK tip ins 3.75 x 5.75

MINOR MAIL ART examples
    1 bookmark 3x7
    2 ATCs
    1 hand / fish / heart / goddess (your hand traced, fish & heart & goddess patterns below)
    4 Moos 1-1/8 x 2.75 inches
    3 twinchies, 2 x 2 inches square they're so fun!
    Necklace or bracelet or earrings

Minimum of 1 LOCAL TREAT (ie something unique to your area, representative of your area, or popular in your area). If there are no standout local treats, then something you would buy at a nice chocolate shop rather than a grocery store.
    __________________________________________________ __________

HOW does it work?
    -Copy the questionnaire
    -Fill in your answers and post your questionnaire to the thread
    -PM me with your current mailing address
    -Keep your partner a secret!
    -Look at your partner's wishlist and decide what themes you will use.
    -Create art they will enjoy. You are making art FOR YOUR PARTNER!
    -Look at your partner's wish list and buy them a treat.
    -Wrap and package carefully.
    -Take some pictures of wrappings and post here please!
    -Mail your art by October 7. Delivery confirmation or tracking number is required unless mailing internationally. Proof of shipment (scanned postal receipt) is acceptable for international packages. Please keep your tracking numbers on hand until the swap is over.

After names are assigned, you CANNOT withdraw.
    People who go missing on this swap will be permanently banned.

Do NOT ignore me if I send you a PM. If you stop answering check-in questions and we can't reach you, we will reassign your partners. Please pretty please don't make me come chasing after you. It's such a drag!

Please PM me with partner requests! This helps me a lot!

It is utterly essential that you make items specifically for you partner according to their questionnaire responses. Do not unload old art. This is a time to make dreams come true! To make sure you understand what those dreams are, please read your partner's questionnaire more than once, take notes, print it out.

If you have questions regarding your partner's wishes PM me.

__________________________________________________ _____

Participants & # of Packages
    TF Balding-1
    Evalila-1
    DmyTLadybug-1
    wildHolly-1
    Nanner -1
    BlueVioletz - 1
    Urocyonfox - 1
    catpratt - 1
    Last edited by catpratt; 07-27-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

Secret HALLOWEEN Swap! You know you want to play!

the MANDALA Swap!
    Jump on in the Urban Sketchbook MMH thread!

My Instagram

Questionnaire - please fill this out in full
    & remember it's for Halloween - you will give and receive Halloween goodies!

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2)

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations?

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive?

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive?

5. What are your theme preferences?

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive?

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme)

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner?

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats:

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want???

11. Anything else we should know:

12. WHERE do you live?

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive?

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

Blog Entries

OMG YEEEEEESH!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS AWLL YEAR!!!

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) One please

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations?
    Think the usual Tim Burtonesque color combos... electric purple & acid green, orange & black, red & black... really whatever colors suit the vibe of the thing you wanna do.

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive?
    Paintings/wall hangings, dolls of any type, oddities for my curiosity cabinet (the real kind & the arty handmade kind both)... basically ANY type of art you enjoy doing, I will love because it came from you!

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive?
    Hands, chunky pages, art recipe cards, atcs, postcards... I'm pretty open to any flat art like we trade here.

HALLOWEEN ME PLEASE!!!
    •Any of my favorite characters in a Halloween theme would rock!
    *Nightmare Before Christmas anything
    *90's era X-Men
    *Dc Bombshells
    *Sandman Endless
    •I also dig steampunk, anything art nouveau, creepy side shows, creepy circus, pin ups, curiosity cabinets, esthetic blood, creepy toys, voodoo dolls...
    •And if you are into animal art i love hound dogs (think Black & Tans, or Basset Hounds rather than Afghans or Dashunds), black cats, raccoons, horses, jersey cows, otters & other odd animals (like platypus, kiwi, narwhal...)
    There are more ideas in my profile, but as long as it has a Halloween vibe about it, i will be thrilled!

Religion... politics... LOOSE GLITTER, all very much no please.

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme)
    Yesss! I love my chunky collections! I have them for several themes, but my recipes, adult beverages, steampunk & Halloween themed ones in general are my favorites!

Paintings or flat art of any size, small stuffies, jewelry, chunky pages, some assemblage, sculpture...

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: No food allergies if you steer clear of aloe in any form.

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want???
    LOVE: Milk chocolate (not picky, nuts are cool, bonus points for heath or caramel), fruity hard candies (like jolly ranchers or lolly pops) & gummy worms. I also love coffee & teas so I'm open to experimentation there.
    Hate: dark chocolate, liccorice, jelly beans...
    I'm really not THAT picky. I just love sugar lol!

11. Anything else we should know:
    ***IMPORTANT!!!*** I am possibly MOVING in the next few months. I am not 100% certain of the timeline as of yet, but I PROMISE, Cat WILL have the current address when mailing time comes. (Ps. Its actually just down the road from where I live now, so its not an emergency, I just want you to know that we will be on top of it but ya GOTTA message Cat to make for certain in October!)

12. WHERE do you live?
    Hotter en Hell, Arkansas! (So pleeease protect your art from any melty treats!

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive?
    I cannot get enough fine line microns (.01 & smaller), white gel pens, sparkly gel pens, rusty found art fodder & shiny things for the same. I am half raccoon. We loves them, Precioussss!
    Last edited by TF Balding; 07-13-2019 at 03:57 AM.
    Now hosting:
    Found Poetry, Open Themed atcs, mail by July 22!
    ALL: Halloween Hands! Mail by Oct 1st!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Oh thank goodness! I'm so glad you're here Tanya. phew!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

I´d like to join, too

Here´s the questionnaire. I think you have my address, don´t you?

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) 1

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? Purple and Black

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? 4 x 4" Chunky Pages (don´t have to be so chunky )

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? ATCs or a hand

5. What are your theme preferences? I´m open to anything Halloween-related

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? No

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) A 4 x 4" Halloween-themed chunky book

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? I´m fine with any hd/hp/collage/mixed media works. I´m not into jewellery making and might have problems to get a canvas of exactly 5x7" (just the approximate size) here in Germany.

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: No

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? I LOOOOOVE any sort of chocolate

11. Anything else we should know: Hmmm ....

12. WHERE do you live? Remscheid, Germany

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? I´m always looking for foreign book-pages or text/words from magazines or newspapers. Or stuff like tissue papers, paint chips, napkins, ledger papers, library cards, ...
    Last edited by Evalila; 06-27-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    My inner critic is an evil monster yelling at me - always!

www.shesdreaming.de

Nice! So glad you're here Evalila!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

Yes, yes, yes! Halloween art! Me, me, me!

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) 1

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? Halloween colors--black, orange, purple, red, black&white

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? My all time first choice is an amigurami doll. I've been spoiled with a Nosferatu, Frankenstein and his Bride. I love them so much. Lol, not asking much, huh? I also love paper dolls and chunkys and postcards.

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? Hand, heart, bookmark, they all sound good.

5. What are your theme preferences? Classic Halloween villains in art nouveau or pop art. Animals in costume, or anything Halloween that's a bit different from the norm. Actually, anything Halloweeny! Lol

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? Nothing with pagan symbols or words.

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) Actually I forgot I have a chunky 4x4 book I love.

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? Paper dolls, any paper art, fabric art, homemade doll.

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: No

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? I love chocolate! with coconut, nuts, or mashmallow in the chocolate is great, too. I hate licorice, jelly beans, Twizzlers, woot!--I don't like dark chocolate.

11. Anything else we should know: I will add things to this questionaire whenever I see someone else post something I forgot. Lol

12. WHERE do you live? North Georgia USA

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? I can always use micron pens. I go through them quickly. Any kind of pen, whatever really, I'm easily pleased. Lol
    Last edited by DmyTLadybug; 07-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Halloween Artiticulated Doll swap- EXTENDING DUE DATE TO OCT 31

Angie!!!! Yay! I am SO glad you're playing!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

Sign me up, please!!!
    1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) Just one

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? My favorite colors are red and purple, but any colors are great!

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? No preference.

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? No preference, but I have become quite fond of "hand" art.

5. What are your theme preferences? Halloween, of course; carnival side show/poster art; mer folk; animals of all kinds; voodoo dolls.

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? Nothing too gory, nothing religious themed.

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) No.

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? Mini coffin cabinets, anything "witchy", jewelry, articulated dolls, stuffies, painted Ts, tooled leather bracelets, hair clasps, etc.

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: I love sweets!!!

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? Love dark chocolate, black licorice, toffee, pralines: I'm vegan so nothing with gelatin or honey, please.

11. Anything else we should know: Asthmatic, so strong smells or anything powdery can trigger it.

12. WHERE do you live? In the hottest, most humid part of the deep South.

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? Milky gel pens in white, pink and yellow are awesome.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Zhouzhou; 07-05-2019 at 02:20 PM.

10. Default

Ooooh yes me please ,... don't wanna miss like next time

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) one

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? Turqouise, purple, black, green … ( no red)

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? suprise me.

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? Any flat art

5. What are your theme preferences? anything HALLOWEEN, Nightmaere before christmas, Jackolantern, Pumpkins, voodoodolls,

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? nothing religious

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) no

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? I will try anything… but not nitting or crochet.

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats:
    yes Nickel, copper

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? Halloween related candy ( eg: chocolat pumpkin... but no licorice

11. Anything else we should know: I LOVE HALLOWEENnnnn…

12. WHERE do you live? Belgium

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? suprise me but in Halloween style ( eg: Halloween stickers, Orange gel pen, …)

Please add me.... BOO - HISS - CACKLE - HUG

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1)

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? Dark, deep, luscious Oranges with haunting jet black and grey and a rustic, old vintage look is great. I do love rust!

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? A kitchen witch to hang over my sink-"spooky like" with a cat and/or owl. Could be moveable paper doll style or anything you can conjure up works magic for me. Gypsy witch also works.

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? Hands. I love Halloween hand art.

5. What are your theme preferences? Vintage Halloween/ Gypsy Witches/ fortunes-Tarot/ Mystical Moons/Animal Totems with owls-cats and bats.

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? No blood n gore,nor cutesy

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) yes!..Developing a very aged, ancient looking "SPELL BOOK" Page sizes needed is: 5x7-landscape on both sides.

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? Anything they request in my power.

Omit any candy please--see #10

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? Insense sticks-anything but floral (Nag Champa is a fave) smudge, soap, a surprise!

11. Anything else we should know: I love Halloween!

12. WHERE do you live?
    South Carolina USA

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? white gel pen,
    old script book pages, old botany book pages.
    Last edited by wildholly; 07-15-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Welcome everybody! This is going to be so much fun, always is!!!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

Hello Fellow Halloweenies! Sign me up, Cat.

1. How many packages do you want to send? (1 or 2) One, please.

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? For Halloween, I like “distressed” and vintage colors. I also like blue-green patina on weathered objects. In general I like turquoise, fuchsia pink, red, burnt orange and lime green.

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? I’d be interested in where your wheelhouse (what you do best) meets my profile/wish list. I am currently most into art that I can hang somewhere. Art that can live outside for a bit is good, too. I love assemblage. Wall canvases. Door hangers. Odd and cheeky art.

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? Art dolls, bookmarks, art magnets, art hands, painted art rocks, winged art hearts. Not as into ATCs or “art that lives in a binder” these days.

5. What are your theme preferences? For Halloween, I like nostalgic/retro decor. I dig skeletons in fun and funky garb and situations (top hat and bow tie or Elizabethan collar, drinking a martini, for example), also the Bride of Frankenstein and the Fiji Mermaid. See my profile for other mainstay themes. I like odd-ball things. I have an area in my studio dedicated to DOTD skellie beauties.

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? Nothing political or God-bashing. Nothing too gory, sad or morbid.

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) Not really collecting here at the moment.

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? I’m pretty open. Art assemblage, canvases, mixed media, art dolls, ceramics.

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: No known allergies.

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? I would rather have one piece of exquisite chocolate than a whole bar of something mediocre. That said, I’m not a sugar fiend. I don’t really care for candy that sticks in your teeth. No black licorice. I’m more of a lover of the savory, and good quality (not flavored) roasted coffee.

11. Anything else we should know: Just that I’m happy to be part of this swap.

12. WHERE do you live? Southern California, USA.

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? Thin black micron-esque pens. White gel pens. YOUR favorite must-have art supply. Cheesy keepsake magnets.
    My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

no. way. Nanner! I'm thrilled you're with us!!!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

Thanks for the warm welcome, Cat. I'm so happy to join in this year!
    My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

I would like to join. Almost missed it again!
    I just wanted to applaud each of the artist on this site....you guys are amazing. I learn something everyday from your talent. Because of you I stretch my abiltiy on a daily basis and I'm always inspired by what I see you create. Thank you.

Hi Cat, I would love to play! This will be the first Halloween Swap with the group, yay!

1. How many packages do you want to send? 1 please

2. Your favorite color? Color combinations? I love the cooler part of the range as the dominant color scheme, blues, greens, violets. I also like other colors and use them plenty in my own art.

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? postcards, 4x4 chunkies or canvas would be my fave's

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? my love of ATCs have not faded one bit so ATCs all the way!

• Pretty, sexy, enchanting witches with their familiars doing witch stuff
    • Fave Halloween characters: Sabrina, Nightmare Before Christmas (Jack, Sally & Zero), Slenderman
    • Haunted houses with fun things to see in the windows
    • Halloween owls
    • Dark and/or Halloween inspired Alice in Wonderland (or in Halloween-land)
    • Halloween-inspired art nouveau
    • Halloween witch pin-up

gore, circusy/carnival, skeletons

4x6 & 5x7 landscape grimoires, 4x4 chunky book (themes: woodland creatures, magic or Paris - so a Halloween spin on these would be awesome - I also like mixed media)

I can make any type of flat art, canvas, mixed media

No allergies. I'm not as much into sweet treats. I would love any art you make or artsy stuff or artsy supplies.

I don't like candy. But I have been known to still give into temptation and eat a yummy milk chocolate with nuts and/or berries.

11. Anything else we should know: I would love anything my secret Halloween partner is inspired to make. The fact that you took the time to create something special is a gift onto itself.

12. WHERE do you live? Oakland, Florida, US (basically Orlando, House of the Mouse and the Happiest Place on Earth, he he)

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? I don't know why, but all my white pens give me trouble, so a white gel pen that works would be awesome.

Welcome Dada and BlueVioletz!

I'm not adding names to the list until questions have been answered. Once you sign up check the first post to be sure you are listed, and the link to your answers is working. This is one swap where I do NOT want to make any mistakes so please, everyone help me check and double check!

I love to trade

the MANDALA Swap!

My Instagram

1. How many packages do you want to send? 1

2. Your favorite color? no preference

3. What type HOMEMADE GIFT would you like to receive? knitted dolls I have Abe and Frida and voodoo already, stuffed doll, articulated dolls,

4. What type of MINOR MAIL ART would you like to receive? love hands and fish

5. What are your theme preferences? always Frida, Abe Lincoln, Poe, wicked Alice, Halloween style of course

6. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? nothing cutesy

7. Do you have any art journals, altered Tip-in or chunky books you would like pages for? Describe them (size, media, theme) No not at this time

8. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? Hands, Fish, art dolls stuffed and articulated

9. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: No allergies

10. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? NO hard candy, Hershey, Hershey with soft Caramel centers (soft as in gooey)

11. Anything else we should know: Nope, just excited about the swap.....:>)

12. WHERE do you live? Oklahoma

13. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? 005 micron, post card from your city, vintage book pages (pre 1940)
    I just wanted to applaud each of the artist on this site....you guys are amazing. I learn something everyday from your talent. Because of you I stretch my abiltiy on a daily basis and I'm always inspired by what I see you create. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread