IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL Traveling Trade*** (number 4)

Blog Entries

Default ***OFFICIAL Traveling Trade*** (number 4)

To participate in this on-going swap you will need:
    •iTrader of +10 (AFA iTraders count here)
    •To be an active member of iATCs
    •Have no neutral or negative iTraders from the last 6 months.

Instructions:
    •The first person in a group starts an envelope with 6 of their own cards. They can be cards you haven't gotten around to trading yet or you can make new cards.

•Please label your Travel set with the Theme and originating artist as players often participate in multiple groups.

•The envelope is mailed to the next person on the list. They remove a maximum of 3 cards and replace them with cards of their own (must be made by you).

•You must upload the cards to this thread before you place them into a travel group. Then mail to the next person on the list and so on.

•You can choose to pass and take zero cards if there is nothing in the set that appeals to you. Simply mail to the next player.

•The last person on the list sends the envelope of 6 cards back to the first person on the list.

IMPORTANT!
    This is a juried site so cards you send/trade in this game must be your best efforts.

•Mailings can start once there are 6 or 7 people in a group. You can sign-up for multiple groups.

•This is an open swap for MMA and P&P.

•When signing up please specify which group theme you are signing up for.

Artwork Quality & Passing on Cards:
    •We want the Travel Trade to be a fun experience for everyone. Each time they open one of those envelopes it should be with pleasure! We can all help make that happen by trading fabulous art.

•The Travel trade groups are not a place for your unwanted art, old art, so-so experiments or cards that have sat around because no one hit you up to trade for them.

•I know that sometimes we hang on to our favorites til we're ready to let them go or we've made ACEOs intended to sell and never sold them. Those sorts of cards are definitely eligible. But not the leftover cards you never posted since you weren't sure they were any good! So yes you can send in cards you've made previously for ACEOs, art-o-thons etc, if if they are iatc quality cards, but please use your best judgement in this. If it isn't a card you would offer in trade to one of your favorite artists/buddies or something you'd put in your iatcs application portfolio then it does not belong in the travel.

•If you're worried and unsure then never fear just ask one of our friendly admins for their opinion (AnnD, Amerasu, Kosmicgirl, TF Balding)*

•You are 100% allowed to pass on the card set without taking one! It's possible that one or more of the original cards will make their way back to the set originating artist and this is totally ok! As that artist can always do as they please with the cards they created. Passing is fine. This should help prevent folks from feeling they have to take a card when they aren't that excited about it, and thus putting in cards they aren't excited about.

Participants MUST Be Willing To:
    •Mail anywhere

•Make sure the envelope is secure and the cards are well taken care of inside. Please don't shove 6 cards into a small pile in an envelope without securing them somehow. Best thing to use is the first two rows of a 9 page sleeve.

•Once the envelope is received, contact the person next on the list to confirm their address and ensure they are still able to play.

•Mail the envelope within TWO WEEKS of receiving it. If this is not possible notify the moderator.

•Keep the thread up to date on mailing and receiving the envelope.

•Check the thread and your private messages regularly. (In the event that a player cannot be contacted for their mailing address for two weeks, we will skip that player & move on to the next in line. No itraders will be given. No harm, no foul; just keeping the game moving.)

Themed Travel Groups:

•Themed group cards must be specific to that theme. The themes are broad to allow for plenty of artistic wiggle room.

•As we have a modest number of active members who might not all share the same interests please query the moderator or in the thread to see if others would be interested in your broad themed group before requesting to start a new group.

•Group mailing for themes can start at 6 signups. If the envelope reachs the last person currently on that signup roster and there hasn't been any further signups to fill the group the originator can request it return home.

Themes must be broad & not too specific. We wouldn't want a group to not get enough signups. If your theme is too specific the thread moderator will let you know in the thread and recommend you start a Swap group instead.

•If no one signs up for your proposed Themed swap group in 30 days that themed group will be removed so that a new themed group can take it's place. If there are not enough signups for you to mail your group after 60 days but there are folks signed up for it, you can choose to arrange personal trades.

Examples of Themes:
    •Fantasy
    •Science Fiction
    •Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    •Steampunk
    •Horror & Macabre
    •Cartoons & Comics
    •Anime Inspired
    •Style of Art (ie. Art Nouveau, Impressionism, Abstract, ect)
    •Landscapes & Still Lifes
    •Tarot
    •Nature
    •Animals
    •SFF Animals
    •Fairytales
    •Creepy Cute
    •Under the Sea
    •Inspired by a Films genre (not a specific movie/show/fandom)
    •Inspired by books "Fairytales/Classics/Drama/Horror, etc"

ITraders:
    Please give an iTrader to the person who sent you the envelope and rep points to the people whose cards you take out of the set.

IMPORTANT!!
    Signs ups are NOT set in stone. If anyone signs up & then needs to bow out, PLEASE COMMUNICATE & post to the thread/contact the moderater that you need to drop. We can more easily avoid any hiccups if you just let us know. No hard feelings & no worries. You can always sign back up when you are ready to play again later. (After all, this is a fun game, not a hostage situation.)
    Last edited by TF Balding; 07-14-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Now hosting:
    Found Poetry, Open Themed atcs, mail by July 22!
    ALL: Halloween Hands! Mail by Oct 1st!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Blog Entries

Traveling Trade Groups:

•Names in BLUE have recieved &/or mailed the trade back out.
    •Names in RED are currently in possession of the trade.
    •Mailed/Recieved dates will be noted beside names also.

FairyTales & FolkTales: FULL
    1. Jellyscuds
    2. Bluevioletz
    3. Gwenniejo
    4. Pabkins

5. Kosmicgirl-rec'vd 7/?
    6. Artfulstarfish
    7. Michelle81
    8.Machochick
    9. Goldfish
    10. Lizzyneth13

Art Nouveau: FULL
    1. TF Balding
    2. Amerasu
    3. Gwenniejo
    4. Bluevioletz
    5.Lizzybeth13

6. Jellyscuds--rec'd 8/18
    7. Kosmicgirl
    8. Michelle81
    9. DmyTLadybug
    10. Rosecake

Cartoons & Comics: Full!
    1. Michelle81
    2. TF Balding
    3. Gwenniejo
    4. Kosmicgirl
    5. Egglebeggle
    6. Lizzybeth13
    7. Amerasu
    8. Rosecake
    9. Pabkins
    10. Iamwhatonearth

Video Games
    1. Egglebeggle
    2. TF Balding--Rec'vd 7/17
    3. Kosmicgirl
    4. Pabkins
    5. Emmadreamstar
    6. Iamwhatonearth
    7. Drake22ice

Coming soon...
    Last edited by TF Balding; Yesterday at 07:07 PM.
    Now hosting:

May I get in on the art nouveau trade?
    Barnyard Animals swap- Due August 30
    Halloween Artiticulated Doll swap- Due Oct 11

Blog Entries

Sure Angie! Adding you now!
    Now hosting:

I’d like to sign up for Art Nouveau and Cartoons & Comics, please.
    My name is Lucy and I read art blogs.

Blog Entries

Awesome! Welcome Rosecake!
    Now hosting:

Blog Entries

Are there any group themes anyone would like to see started? I've been thinking of starting another group to give us some more variety & action, & I'm willing to entertain any ideas (or if someone has a theme they'd like to start, that's awesome, too)?

Just a few ideas... Women, Found Poetry, Artsy Animals, Video Games, Monochrome... Anyone interested in any of those ideas?
    Now hosting:

Hey, I have a little spare time. I'll start a Video Games group if there is any interest.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. - Picasso

Blog Entries

Plenty of interest from me! Anyone else?
    Now hosting:

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten about Comics and Cartoons, will try and get it out soon. I've got 4 cards finished but have been sick for the past month with the flu which has caused some ongoing issues to flair up as well as torn something in my neck/shoulder so it may be another week or two before I can get the other two finished. (Unless, there are 2 in my available for trade anyone is wanting then I can put them in there. I know we aren't supposed to put cards that have sat untraded in there but I thought that if maybe someone is interested in them, it would be okay?)

Blog Entries

Thanks for reaching out, Michelle. if you'd like to send it on out to me, i would be more than happy to make 2 cards for you to make it 6. Consider them Angel cards (a term we used often at AFA, but i haven't seen much here, meaning i will step in for you to help since you're down) & when the set makes it back home to you, you can keep all 6. I really hope you feel better soon. That's just too much for one person to handle all at once!
    Now hosting:

Just popped on to grab an address and saw the email about the new thread. I don't remember when I mailed the Fairytales envelope to Kosmicgirl I think a few weeks ago - but hopefully it's there by now or any day now? I took Jellyscuds Coraline card and put in a Golilocks & the Three Bears themed card.

Blog Entries

That is too adorable, Pabs!
    Now hosting:

It arrived a few days back Pabs! Such a great set of cards... I took out Jellyscuds Pippi Longstocking and added a Snow White:

--------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

Now hosting:

P&P - Artistic styles PAT - MAIL by May 31, 2019 RETURNS POSTAL!
    P&P - Time for a cuppa - MAIL by May 31, 2019 RETURNS POSTAL!

COME JOIN IN!

Sign me up for the video games one as well please!

And I'm sending out the Fairytales one as soon as I have an addy
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

Now hosting:

P&P - Artistic styles PAT - MAIL by May 31, 2019 RETURNS POSTAL!
    P&P - Time for a cuppa - MAIL by May 31, 2019 RETURNS POSTAL!

COME JOIN IN!

Blog Entries

Gaaaah i wish i had gotten in on that Fairytales group! The art has been off the hook GORGEOUS!

And of course y'all can join the Video Game group. (Pabs, don't kick yourself too much. I will be in the same boat this fall as my fam will most likely be moving. Y'all pray i can keep my wits & not misplace anyone when the time comes LOL! I will get the group post updated.
    Now hosting:

I'm on a roll I have 1 video game themed card inked. Hopefully I can manage to sketch, ink/color a few before the set gets anywhere even remotely near me! muuuuuuwhahahahahahah beat the heat!!

+ Reply to Thread