IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ALL - Secret VALENTINE Swap - Sign up by Jan 5, 2019 Mail by Feb 2, 2019

Default ALL - Secret VALENTINE Swap - Sign up by Jan 5, 2019 Mail by Feb 2, 2019

Secret Valentines Present Swap

Please read everything!

Partners Assigned: January 7, 2019
    Everyone gets ONE partner!

Mail by: February 2.
    Package must be in the mail with a TRACKING NUMBER (except for internationals).

Important: You may be shipping internationally. If you cannot afford international shipping costs, do not sign up. DO NOT COMPLAIN about shipping costs in the thread.

WHO can play?
    There is a minimum iTrader rating requirement of +12 to join this swap. iTraders from AFA count here.
    You must be or have been an active trader within the past 3 months (must have an iTrader between September 1 - November 30) on either iATCs or AFA.
    You may not play if you have negative iTraders within the past 3 months.

YOU MUST SEND:
    --One Valentine card
    --One piece of ART see below
    --LOCAL TREAT

Valentine Card: You can buy or you can make. Something filled with love and appreciation for your partner!

ART examples:
    2 atcs
    1 bookmark 3x7 inches
    1 arch
    1 canvas
    1 postcard 4x6
    1 chunky page 4x4
    1 art doll (paper or knitted or stuffy)
    1 USK tip in 3.75 x 5.75
    1 hand / fish / heart / goddess (your hand traced, fish & heart & goddess using a pattern)
    4 Moos 1-1/8 x 2.75 inches
    3 twinchies, 2 x 2 inches square they're so fun!
    Necklace or bracelet or earrings

(if you need patterns PM me)

Minimum of 1 LOCAL TREAT (ie something unique to your area, representative of your area, or popular in your area). If there are no standout local treats, then something you would buy at a nice chocolate shop rather than a grocery store.
    __________________________________________________ __________

HOW does it work?
    -Copy the questionnaire
    -Fill in your answers and post your questionnaire to the thread
    -PM me with your current mailing address
    -Keep your partner a secret!
    -Look at your partner's wishlist and decide what themes you will use.
    -Create art they will enjoy. You are making art FOR YOUR PARTNER!
    -Look at your partner's wish list and buy them a treat.
    -Wrap and package carefully.
    -Take some pictures of wrappings and post here please!
    -Mail your art by February 2. Delivery confirmation or tracking number is required unless mailing internationally. Proof of shipment (scanned postal receipt) is acceptable for international packages. Please keep your tracking numbers on hand until the swap is over.

After names are assigned, you CANNOT withdraw.
    People who go missing on this swap will be permanently banned.

PMs from the host must not be ignored. If you stop answering check-in questions and we can't reach you, we will reassign your partners. Please pretty please don't make me come chasing after you. It's such a drag!

If you have an idea of who you would like to create for, please PM me.

It is utterly essential that you make items specifically for you partner according to their questionnaire responses. Do not unload old art. This is a time to make dreams come true! To make sure you understand what those dreams are, please read your partner's questionnaire more than once, take notes, print it out.

If you have questions regarding your partner's wishes PM me.

__________________________________________________ _____

Valentines
    catpratt
    TF Balding
    BlueVioletz
    Skyjules
    GwennieJo
    Last edited by catpratt; 01-07-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Questionnaire - please fill this out in full
    & remember it's for Valentines Day - you will give and receive Valentines goodies!

1. Your favorite color? Color combinations?
    I like all colors, really. Not neon unless it's the pinky pink like bubblegum pink.

2. What type ART would you like to receive?
    any of the formats listed is great for me EXCEPT chunkies. I do like to wear artful jewelry-earrings that dangle, necklaces, bracelets. I also love pouches to wear or put pencils in. I love stuffies, crocheted/knit stuffies or fabric. Ornaments are cool too.

3. What are your theme preferences?
    you can check out my profile. mermaids, cats, antler anything, unicorns, unicorn anything, the forest, forest inhabitants, goddesses. I'd be into a sort of girly valentines themed something pretty and pink.

4. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive?
    I do like nuns. BUT other than that, no religious, no politics unless it's ruth bader ginsberg, no smoking, no blood.

5. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner?
    any listed above

6. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats:

7. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want???'
    chocolate or anything really except do not like dummies, white chocolate

8. Anything else we should know: Just have fun and I'm so happy!

9. WHERE do you live? Vermont usa

10. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? sparkle pens.
    Last edited by catpratt; 01-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Sounds fun! I'll play.

1. Your favorite color? Color combinations? I love em all, so whatever you feel is fitting for the subject you choose!

2. What type ART would you like to receive?* Any flat art, any size, paintings, dolls of any kind, ornaments... Really, I will love whatever YOU enjoy creating because that will just make it more awesome.

3. What are your theme preferences? Since this is Valentines I would really like something with my favorite couples in loooove...
    •Gambit & Rogue
    •Batman & Catwoman
    •Superman & Lois Lane
    •Jack & Sally
    •Gomez & Morticia
    •Deadpool & his unicorn (hahaha)

If character/fan art isn't up your alley I also really love:
    • art nouveau
    •steampunk
    •rockabilly/gothabilly
    •whimsical foodie art
    •hound dogs (basset, black & tan, bluetick--ya know, the squishy faced big feet kinds)
    •horses
    •cows
    •candland type landscapes

4. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? Religion & politics...

5. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? Any size flat art or paintings, some light sewing (think very basic stuffies), paper dolls, ornaments, some assemblage, jewelry....

6. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats: Nope, just avoid Great Aunt Gertie's signature heavy perfume & we're good.

7. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want??? I love candy. Milk chocolate, caramel, toffee, nuts are cool, fruity hard candies... I also love coffee & white teas.
    Loathe-hate-despise liccorice and not really fond of minty type flavors.

8. Anything else we should know: The drummer from Def Leopard's only got one arm...

9. WHERE do you live?* Arkansas... where the weather is weird, so please protect your art from any potential melting goodies or potential monsoons.

10. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? vellum bristol atc blanks (or YOUR favorite type of blanks for marker work if ya have any), .01 & smaller microns, metallic gel pens or cool pens in general, good erasers, distress ink, Copic super brush nibs, random rusty found objects, old keys, anything you find interesting & think I oughta try.
    Last edited by TF Balding; 01-01-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Now hosting:
    P&P: Surreal Anatomy; due Feb 22nd

Yay, so happy to see this idea pop up!!! I'm totally in!

1. Your favorite color? Color combinations? All colors sound great!
    2. What type ART would you like to receive? ATCs, postcard, canvas, chunky page
    3. What are your theme preferences? any combination of the following: beautiful, inspirational, floral, luscious fruits, Paris. With a lovely central female and/or animal character.
    4. Are there art or themes/styles do you NOT want to receive? negative or dark muted colors
    5. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner? all the options listed but would need the pattern for items that specify one
    6. Any allergies your partner should know about? no allergies
    7. What kind of candy do you like? I will always prefer more artsy goodness over candy or other art goodie (more art or prints, or stickers, ephemera, or your choice of art supply). Especially if I have an intl partner to make it easier on shipping!
    8. WHERE do you live? Florida, US
    9. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive? anything related to my profile themes

Now that the holidays are over, I'd love to play! I will fill out the questionnaire shortly...
    ~GwennieJo~

Now hosting Non-Traditional Snails Swap - think outside the shell!

any color, any combo

atcs, 4x4, 4x6, paper or stuffie dolls, shapes like goddess, heart, skull

Anything you want really, what ever you do best makes me happy! - if you need ideas, I like undersea creatures (real or fantasy) like cuttlefish, octopus, squid, seahorse... old lanterns, realistic snails with or without added fantasy like wings and such

no gore or clowns or super negative dark art

atcs, paper dolls, stuffies, beaded goodies, ornaments, shaped stuff (fish, goddess, heart, skull, hand...)sewn things like little bags and pouches

6. Any allergies your partner should know about? If yes, please write what you would like instead of sweet treats:
    none

7. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want?
    I like anything cinnamon, or grapefruit flavored. I even like the valentine conversation hearts.
    (Everytime I say I like cinnamon, people send me peppermint - just say NO TO PEPPERMINT)

8. Anything else we should know:
    I used to hop boxcars in college

9. WHERE do you live?
    Columbus, Texas

10. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive?
    tiny brushes, color ink pens, I don't really need anything, surprise me - I do love old stuff, old vintage paper and bits and such for mixed media
    Last edited by Skyjules; 01-08-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Thank you Julie, I"ll get you linked up to the first post.

Who else wants to play?

I love most colors but I’m particularly partial to earth tones and jewel tones. I’m not a big fan of fluorescent colors or neon.

I really only collect ATCs but love bookmarks as well.

I'm pretty open but my partner can check out my profiles for specifics.

No religious or political art and I’d prefer no nudity. No glitter either, please.

Any 2D art, small sewing or crocheted projects, ornaments, etc.

No allergies.

7. What kind of candy do you like? What kind of candy do you NOT like? If you DON'T WANT CANDY, what DO you want???
    I like almost all chocolate and candy with the exception of marshmallow and chocolate covered fruit.

8. Anything else we should know: I think that’s it.

9. WHERE do you live? Vermont, USA

10. If someone wants to send you ephemera or art supplies, what would you most like to receive?
    Waterproof pens, stickers, paint pens, paper samples, something you love...
    ~GwennieJo~

Now hosting Non-Traditional Snails Swap - think outside the shell!

Thank you Gwen. I'm super happy you're playing.

Does anyone want to do two packages??? So far, we have an odd number situation. Or would anyone fuss or feel it's unfair in any way if I do two???? You can PM me if you don't want to comment publicly

Any other valentines out there who want to play with us???????? Last day to sign up!

Blog Entries

WooHoooo!!! Can't wait!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Now hosting:
    P&P: Surreal Anatomy; due Feb 22nd

PMs sent to give who you'll make for. I hope everyone is pleased. CAn't wait to see what you come up with!

So excited to get started!

+ Reply to Thread