IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Secret Santa 2018! Mail by Nov 28 (Int), Dec 4 (Dom)

I'm in!!

1. How many packages of WHAT SIZE do you want to send?

1 small 1 mini

2. What is your favorite color? Color combinations? If your house colors matter, please add a few notes about that as well.
    I love all colors. Especially purple and green and jewel tones. My house colors matter not.

3. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner?
    -Fiber arts- Crochet, Embroidery, needle felting, sewing, small stuffies
    -Drawing/painting on a variety of things
    -Beading/Jewelry making
    -binding small books or journals

4. What sort of crafts or art would you most like to receive from your partner? Please make a list here. If you are interested in receiving wearable items (e.g. jewelry, a hat, slippers), please include sizes.
    -I love -utilitarian art - like a beautiful hand built or decorated mug, a decorated tote bag, a sewn brush roll or pencil pouch, or whatever you do well! I love when I can enjoy your art every day rather than just view it under glass.
    -Fiber art
    -statement necklaces - longer is better, 18"(~46cm) or longer
    -ATCs and postcards - I don't collect bookmarks or inchies
    -Whatever you are really good at I'm sure I will like it as well
    **Please try to keep items flat, hang-able, or smaller a loaf of bread. I have far more wall space than shelf space

5. What sorts of arts or crafts do you NOT want to receive?
    I'd prefer nothing wearable like slippers, mittens, hats or scarves, earrings, or bracelets.

6. What themes are you MOST interested in collecting? Please be specific here and list as many as you collect!
    -I'm excited about a lot of stuff, but mainly I like nature. Field journal pages, botanical print posters

-If it swims, flies, walks or hops I will probably love it - barn owls, rabbits, foxes, raccoons, octopus, and orange tabbies are particular favorites. No eels/fish or spiders, please.

-Clothed animals - especially in Victorian fashions or earlier. Particularly Tudor/medieval/Elizabethan styles

-My cat, Nugget, (pics below! Aim fluffier than not, she was pretty fluffy) passed away last Christmas and I would be beyond happy and touched if you made me a piece that incorporates her.

-I like several movies and cartoons I enjoy- The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, Nightmare Before Christmas, Steven Universe, My Neighbor Totoro.

If you still aren't finding something listed here that inspires you, feel free to check out my collecting themes in my profile.

7. People often enjoy creating "mashups," taking two three of your themes and working them into the same composition. For example, if you list Tudors, old books, and funky socks as themes you like, someone might be inclined to draw Henry VIII standing in a library wearing funky socks. Are you open to that? Have any requests?

I'm leaning towards no on this-

8. Are there any elements or styles you would prefer not to have (e.g. religious imagery, elements of gore, a cutesy style, the scent of Cheetos)?
    Going with "conversation with strangers" rules- nothing religious, no politics, no gore.
    (If you manage to make something cheeto-scented I would be pretty freakin' impressed. )

9. Do you have any allergies your partner should know about?
    Please no heavily perfumed items and no food items made with aloe vera.

10. Would you prefer a drinkable treat, like tea or hot chocolate, or would you prefer candy? Please let your partner know what you like and dislike.
    Candy is dandy. I love "good" white chocolate and milk chocolate but I won't say no to dark chocolate. I love "bark" - chocolate with various nuts and fruits mixed in. Caramel, hard candies, and local treats from your area are all good too.
    I don't like strongly mint flavored things and walnuts.

11. What kinds of art supplies or ephemera would you like? (Keep in mind the budget, of course.)
    -Tiny paintbrushes - your favorite type is even better
    -Your favorite watercolor color - half pan or mini tube
    -Paper blanks of your favorite papers
    -Micron pens, any size smaller than 1
    Collage supplies won't be used

12. WHERE do you live?
    Oregon, in the US

13. Anything else we should know:
    After such a long, stressful, and artless year I'm so excited for this swap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1323.JPG   IMG_1788.JPG   FullSizeRender(21).jpg  
    Last edited by Wysteriavine; 09-20-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    I'd love to trade art with you, please ask!

5 minis

2. What is your favorite color? Color combinations? If your house colors matter, please add a few notes about that as well.

Flat art (5x7 or smaller, have never made anything larger before, not sure I could. I’ve been known to dabble in a bit of everything, but the only thing nowadays that doesn’t give me anxiety too bad is cross stitch, which i also design.

4. What sort of crafts or art would you most like to receive from your partner? Please make a list here. If you are interested in receiving wearable items (e.g. jewelry, a hat, slippers), please include sizes.
    I prefer ATCs, but I'm okay with postcard size if you'd rather.

I don't really collect anything like arches, bookmarks, inchies and such.

6. What themes are you MOST interested in collecting? Please be specific here and list as many as you collect!

These would probably be my absolute favorites to receive but also anything from my profile would be great as well.

Marvel Cinematic Universe characters - Bucky, Steve (especially without mask), Hawkeye, Thor, Loki
    Bourbon Street/New Orleans streetscapes - especially colorful versions
    Phantom of the Opera (2005 movie version with Gerard Butler or Ben Lewis from Love Never Dies Australian production)
    Hal, Alex or Tom from Being Human (UK)
    CW Arrow - Oliver/Green Arrow (with or without mask), Ra's al Ghul, Slade Wilson (without mask)
    conjoined twins
    gypsies and/or gyspy wagons
    adventurers or travelers
    burly and/or sexy male warriors or barbarians
    burly and/or sexy male aliens, cyborgs or dragon shifters
    (authors Lauren Dohner and Ruby Dixon have great models on the covers of their series), yes I read alien smut, don’t judge me

7. People often enjoy creating "mashups," taking two three of your themes and working them into the same composition. For example, if you list Tudors, old books, and funky socks as themes you like, someone might be inclined to draw Henry VIII standing in a library wearing funky socks. Are you open to that? Have any requests?
    Prefer non mashups, unless you want to do something like one of my tv/movie characters in Art Nouveau style

8. Are there any elements or styles you would prefer not to have (e.g. religious imagery, elements of gore, a cutesy style, the scent of Cheetos)?
    Overly cutesy (like kawaii/chibi, I don’t mind the art of them but just not with my themes), political, gore or religious (unless it related aspect of my themes)

Sensitive to fragrances (esp. floral) and wool

10. Would you prefer a drinkable treat, like tea or hot chocolate, or would you prefer candy? Please let your partner know what you like and dislike.
    Candy preferred, likes: dark chocolate (especially with caramel or peanut butter), white chocolate, dislike: milk chocolate, coconut, fruit flavored chocolate, mint. Preferably nothing chewy like taffy or gummies, hard candy as they hurt my teeth.

11. What kinds of art supplies or ephemera would you like? (Keep in mind the budget, of course.)
    I love food themed washi tape, don't need them since I have way too many and only use them to tape atcs for trades, but I still like them and pick them up whenever I see them . light colored copics with 000 on the end, only ones I own are BG000, B000, and E000, I always want to order them but never do. I have way too many art and craft supplies that don't get use as is though, so if it would help on shipping cost or anything, another ATC would make me just as happy instead, (and if that is acceptable to the admins).

12. WHERE do you live?
    North Carolina, USA

I missed out on this last year so super excited for it this year! I swear I'm not as picky as I sound, I just personally do better with specifics myself when drawing from someones themes so maybe others do as well. Feel free to get a message to me if none of my themes suit your art style, (I for one have trouble with drawing furry critters and get frustrated when trying to draw them), and I can provide more.
    Last edited by michelle81; 09-16-2018 at 02:12 AM.

3. Default

1. How many packages of WHAT SIZE do you want to send? 1 small and 2 minis

2. What is your favorite color? Color combinations? If your house colors matter, please add a few notes about that as well. Cool colors, jewel tones, neutrals, naturals

3. What crafts or art projects can you do for your partner?Paintings, drawings, paper art dolls, some sculptural, jewelry, some sewing

4. What sort of crafts or art would you most like to receive from your partner? Please make a list here. If you are interested in receiving wearable items (e.g. jewelry, a hat, slippers), please include sizes. Preferable hangable, framable, or displayable artwork. Anything wearable I'd feel to worried about wearing and damaging.

5. What sorts of arts or crafts do you NOT want to receive?Dolls or jewelry

6. What themes are you MOST interested in collecting? Please be specific here and list as many as you collect!Corgis, Famous Artists and Artwork, Landscapes/Cityscapes, skulls or bone anatomical type studies

7. People often enjoy creating "mashups," taking two three of your themes and working them into the same composition. For example, if you list Tudors, old books, and funky socks as themes you like, someone might be inclined to draw Henry VIII standing in a library wearing funky socks. Are you open to that? Have any requests? I'd be fine with it but have no requests

8. Are there any elements or styles you would prefer not to have (e.g. religious imagery, elements of gore, a cutesy style, the scent of Cheetos)?Nothing religious or overly christmasy, nothing gore, nothing political

9. Do you have any allergies your partner should know about?sensitive to certain types of metals for extended periods of skin contact

10. Would you prefer a drinkable treat, like tea or hot chocolate, or would you prefer candy? Please let your partner know what you like and dislike. I'd prefer an edible treat but wouldn't say no to hot chocolate, I just have quite the stash of that right now. Chocolates, caramels, peanut buttery things are all good in my book but preferably no nuts or coconut please.

11. What kinds of art supplies or ephemera would you like? (Keep in mind the budget, of course.) Anything unusual or new, small pens, good erasers, whatever hidden tool you love and would like to spread the good word on

12. WHERE do you live? Minnesota, USA

13. Anything else we should know:Honestly, anything on my list in my profile would be fine, I'm not picky and I love variety (it is the spice of life after all). If you need more specifics I can do that but my brain is refusing to cooperate right now and I need to get this in since I kept putting it off.

I’m back!

Because of the rain, construction on our house is halted for a week or two. That will give me some sane time to work on a (probably not so) little mini.

1 mini

Whatever your palette is will work for me.

Watercolor flat art of all kinds, articulated dolls, bead and wire ornaments and simple jewelry. Maybe a simple stuffy.

I especially love dolls - articulated dolls, two sleeve dolls, goddesses, artist inspiration dolls, a small stuffy if 5” or under. I also love hands, winged hearts, sacred hearts, regular hearts (NOT anatomical), or something on a shape of your choosing - leaves, turtles, whatever inspires you. Postcards and bookmarks are also good if unusual shapes are not your thing.

ATCs, inchies, wearable art.

6. What themes are you MOST interested in collecting? Please be specific here and list as many as you collect!/

Studies of work by Mucha, Klimt or Rosetti. A doll in the style of one of these would be beyond awesome.
    Joan of Arc (No weapons. She was a standard bearer, not a soldier)
    French lady in costume from era of Louis XIV
    Louis XIV himself
    Pretty ladies
    Mules, donkeys, and burros - bonus for adornment (flowers, etc. - not clothes)
    Rabbits, hares - with or without adornment (flowers, etc. - not clothes)
    Crow, ravens
    Cityscapes - bonus points for New Orleans
    Houses - bonus for New Orleans style
    Frida and Diego - their portraits or their art

No thanks.

Nothing grotesque, gory, snarky, flippant, or violent. I like pretty. Also nothing too cartoony. I prefer more realistic. Illustrative ok (i.e. good) if it leans to realistic. Examples: Sailor Moon, cute but cartoony so no go. Poison Ivy, illustrative leaning to realistic so ok.

***Seriously allergic to scented things like colognes, scented candles, potpourri, Febreeze, etc. If your art had strong scents attached I might not be able to keep it. :-( *** Just a wee bit might be ok, but better none. Animal dander is okay, even cigarettes. Don’t worry about those. In the food department, no walnuts.

I love chocolate, milk or dark, alone or with caramel, pecans or coconut. Or caramel, pecan or coconut candy without chocolate is good, too. No drinkable treats, please.

Maybe some bits of pretty paper for backs of hands, hearts or dolls, in teal, deep blue, greens, pinky red - colors you see in my gallery. Doesn’t have to be full sheets. Or a kneaded eraser. Or bits of ribbons, threads or fancy fibers. ( At the present time I have more than enough pens and atc blanks.)

12. WHERE do you live?

Central Texas, USA

By this time next year I should have a house and room for more art! Whoop!
    Last edited by Rosecake; 09-22-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    My name is Lucy and I read art blogs.

1. How many packages of WHAT SIZE do you want to send? 3 minis

I love all colors. Color combinations don't matter to me.

Copics, acrylics, mixed media, craft, knit, simple sewn dolls, ornaments, cross stitch, I love discovering new crafts on Pinterest

I LOVE amigurumi dolls or characters!
    ATC, postcard, or chunkys are great.
    Magnets are always a good choice.
    Paperdolls of any shape

5. What sorts of arts or crafts do you NOT want to receive? Nothing made from real hair...woot.

6. What themes are you MOST interested in collecting? Please be specific here and list as many as you collect!As far as styles, I'm open to anything. If you need a specific, I like anything in Art Nouveau(Mucha style)
    Love me some pinkytoast
    portraits, human or animal
    little houses(bird, gnome, fairy, etc)
    curiosity cabinets
    listings on my profile
    Jack Skellington in a mugshot(just thought of that)

I don't really know, sure. Oh, characters I like done in art nouveau.

If religious material, Christian only, and please no strong scents, no licorice or jelly beans.

9. Do you have any allergies your partner should know about? No allergies.

I'd much rather have candy. I like chocolate, coconut, caramel.

Gwen was talking about an erasable micron pen? I'd love to have one of those.
    A good eraser
    small paintbrush
    an unusual print washi tape

12. WHERE do you live? Georgia, USA

13. Anything else we should know: I like unusual things or artwork, creative and unique.
    Last edited by DmyTLadybug; 09-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    I don't wanna work. I just wanna make ATCs all day.

Blog Entries

Sorry for slow! I'd like to make 3 minis!

Thanks, Anna!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Ok, partners have been sent out! Let the stalking begin

As a reminder - I would ask everyone to send me their current address. I'll send them on to your partners when I have all addresses collected.

Also - please don't flake!

Just sent you my address. Love my partners!
    I don't wanna work. I just wanna make ATCs all day.

Sending address now!

Can't wait to start my (not-so-)minis!!!!
    EvisceratedUnicorn @ Wysp
    evisceratedunicorn @ Tumblr (personal blog)
    evisceratedunicorn-art @ Tumblr (art/WIP blog)
    EvisceratedUnicorn @ Instagram
    Eviscerated Unicorn Artwork @ Facebook

F/K/A Ainslee

I got a great partner. Iím excited about her themes and canít wait to get started!
    My name is Lucy and I read art blogs.

Lovin' my partner choices, now to check some lists and make lists of things to make for those who shall not be named!
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

So excited about my partners and their themes! Thanks Anna!

+ Reply to Thread