IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ALL: One motif - three styles swap - MAIL by JULY 31, 2018

Default ALL: One motif - three styles swap - MAIL by JULY 31, 2018

ALL: One motif - three styles swap - MAIL by JULY 31, 2018
    Number of players: Unlimited
    Number of cards: 3:3 or 6:6 if we are more than 10 players!
    Mediums: ALL
    Mail by: JULY 31, 2018

ONE MOTIF - THREE STYLES SWAP

Ok... what did she think of now?!?! I know... that's what you are thinking. Well.. here me out!
    This swap invites you to create one image three times - in different styles. This is meant to challenge us trying out different styles and approaches to our art! Are you with me so far? Good!

Here are some examples found in the galleries:

MOTIF: MERMAID
    STYLES: illustrative (kjarting), Art Nouveau (Rapa), abstract (JLGribble)

This swap is an open motif swap - that means you are free to pick any motive you feel like spending a little more time with! Maybe something you love drawing - be it portraits, flowers or old little ladies in steampunk goggles. The important thing is that you try out different art styles with your cards!

MOTIF: ALICE
    STYLES: manga (machochick), surreal (silversweet), popart (jellyscuds)

DIFFERENT STYLES:
    There is an excellent list of all kinds of art movements on Wikipedia. You can find all the "usual" styles as well as aquite a lot of unusual/unknown ones! Feel free to experiment with some you haven't tried before. Just make sure that your cards are up to par in the end (my nice version of "please don't send in a pack of newbie abstract art pieces! LOL! I think abstract art might be one of the harder ones out there!)

MOTIF: FRIDA
    STYLES: symbolic (wildholly) calavera (sleepingwithvampires), realism (jmmbarkovich)

IMPORTANT!!

Information:
    •Atc (2.5"x3.5") format
    • Please note the style and motif on the back of the card together with your username!
    •Best work only please, if you are insecure, just pm me!
    •Originals only, no prints

MAILING:
    Please PM me for my address when you're ready to send your cards. I am in Germany, so, most likely it will take a little longer for mail to reach me.

ALL PLAYERS:
    Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards. I haven't moved since iATCs opened, but feel free to double check with me before sending!

Please include:
    International players, please send $1 (via Paypal or safely snuck into the envelope and an address LABEL. German players - add a 70 Cent stamp

MOTIF: TREES
    STYLES: impressionist (artsygirl), mixed media (autumnsensation), insular (gordianot)

Members of the style police:
    •Me!

Ooo....this sounds like so much fun! Usually I try deliberately to make my cards all "match" style-wise for a swap --- but I REALLY want to make some crazy ass different styled faces every once in a while. Inconsistency sounds fascinating and fun!

I hope to quickly go from lurking on this to full participation!

Lurking for now, but I think I will have time to make a few cards, it is nice to stretch the ole' imagination once in a while.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

4. Default

I'm lurking as well since this one seems right up my alley. Unfortunately I promised myself no new swaps until my student swap is done this semester. I've gotta make 37 cards, one for each kiddo in my class, and I may just burn myself out. Since it's not due until July though I've got high hopes I can join.

I think this is a swap that needs to brew a little bit before taking shape in your head. I personally have no clue what to do yet!

I agree with you kosmicgirl, there is a lot to mull over, and I like to mull a bit anyway before I make cards. I think that I will look at some of my artbooks and get an idea of what styles I would like to mimic so I will have a starting point. Then figure out the subject.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

I will probably grab a motif from my "go-to" bag - mermaids, weird ladies or maybe portraits..

+ Reply to Thread