IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P&P - The three marker challenge! - MAIL by JULY 30, 2018

Default P&P - The three marker challenge! - MAIL by JULY 30, 2018

P&P - The three marker challenge! - MAIL by JULY 31, 2018
    Number of players: Unlimited
    Number of cards: 3:3 or 6:6 if we are more than 10 players!
    Mediums: P&P - specifically markers!
    Mail by: JULY 31, 2018

THE THREE MARKER CHALLENGE

Welcome to the three marker challenge!

Example Numero 1: kosmicgirl

This swap is an open motive swap with one restriction - you are only allowed to use THREE markers on a single card! This is to challenge us in using and blending with a limited palette - not as easy as it might seem

Besides the three markers - only the colorless blender and black and white liner/ink are allowed. I only have a few examples - check out the #copiccolors monthly challenges for more inspiration.

PICKING YOUR MARKERS:
    This can be tricky. I leave the method of picking your colors up to you! - pick 3 colors that complement each other, or make it completely random; picking blindly. The only thing I ask is that at least two of the colors should be from different color groups (that means NO monochrome art!) Again, the #copiccolors monthly challenges could prove inspirational! If you decide to use the same markers on all three cards, or different ones on all cards is also up to you.

Example le deuxième: kosmicgirl

IMPORTANT!!

Information:
    •Atc (2.5"x3.5") format
    • Please note the used markers on the back of the card together with your username!
    •Best work only please, if you are insecure, just pm me!
    •Originals only, no prints

MAILING:
    Please PM me for my address when you're ready to send your cards. I am in Germany, so, most likely it will take a little longer for mail to reach me.

ALL PLAYERS:
    Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards. I haven't moved since iATCs opened, but feel free to double check with me before sending!

Please include:
    International players, please send $1 (via Paypal or safely snuck into the envelope and an address LABEL. German players - add a 70 Cent stamp

Final example: pabkins

Dabbling with markers:
    •Me!

OMG, we think so much alike! I was trying to figure out how to do a swap like this but where the players choose what colors the other players have to use. I wasn't sure how I was going to have each player choose, maybe the second player has to give player one three sets of colors to use. I don't know....see I was brainstorming. LOL

Let me work on starting the creepy, cute travelling trade and Tea's postcards and I'll be back. Officially: lurking (Unofficially: thinking of colors)
    Hosting: 3 Lists Swap- mail by May 23rd
    The Sloth Swap-mail by July 11th

Awwwwwwww I love this challenge! But you know I'm so crazy picky on themes as I'm a fantasy/sci-fi nut. *cries*

So I'm going to be a wallflower and lurkity lurk. Thanks for using one of my cards as an example!

Lurking... with great intent!
    Last edited by Zhouzhou; 05-11-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Me, too, Zhouzhou. Kosmicgirl is probably right.....I'll be back. lol (I'm already thinking of colors.)
    Hosting: 3 Lists Swap- mail by May 23rd
    The Sloth Swap-mail by July 11th

Another lurker in the mix here

Oh ....I must lurk but love it!
    Time does not change us. It just unfolds us.-Max Frisc

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BichenVint...=hdr_shop_menu

I will try and get a few cards done to reel you lurkers in - fantasy cards included Pabs!! *wink*

+ Reply to Thread