IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kokeshi Art Doll Swap?

Question Kokeshi Art Doll Swap?

I'm curious to know if there would be an interest in a Kokeshi Art doll swap? This would be using an art doll template that I created, not an ATC. The template is about 4 1/4 in. tall x 2 in. wide.

I have a MMH Kokeshi Doll swap at AFA, but it's not drawing too much interest.

I'm new to this site so I don't know if a swap would work or a MMH/PIF thread would be best or if there's even any interest.

I have a few dolls in my gallery. I've enjoyed making the traditional ones and character ones.
    "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life!"

I would definitely join!

Blog Entries

You should totally give the doll swap a try. I would join if I could get you to send me a hard copy of the template (I don't have a printer). We don't usually have a lot of template swaps here, but I think it's just because no one posts them lol. Actually, at one point I was going to try to compile template PDF files to put in a library here for everyone to access in the hopes of starting a little more interest in these types of mail art, but I never could seem to find many of the PDF files. If you have them you could email them to me & we could do that, too.
    Now hosting:
    Found Poetry, Open Themed atcs, mail by July 22!
    ALL: Halloween Hands! Mail by Oct 1st!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Here is the pdf of my kokeshi doll. When I print it out on my printer, I choose "actual size" and that seems to work.

It should be about 4 1/4 in. x 2 in. at the widest point.

I also have a it on a word doc. if that works better.
    Last edited by TriLov; 08-25-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Tri - I LOVE your template!!! here are some I've just made

Tea - a library of PDFs sounds cool, I always had trouble finding the templates!

AAACCKKK! They are awesome!!!!!

I just realized you said you needed a hard copy of the template and yes, I would definitely do that. I'm still considering a swap. I haven't hosted one for awhile but I think I can manage one. I just need to check the FAQs to make sure sure I can commit to one.

Also, from AFA, I have the 2_sleeve art doll, the Spirit art doll(another one of mine), and the Goddess art doll templates. If you want these I can attach here or email them directly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TF Balding View Post
    You should totally give the doll swap a try. I would join if I could get you to send me a hard copy of the template (I don't have a printer). We don't usually have a lot of template swaps here, but I think it's just because no one posts them lol. Actually, at one point I was going to try to compile template PDF files to put in a library here for everyone to access in the hopes of starting a little more interest in these types of mail art, but I never could seem to find many of the PDF files. If you have them you could email them to me & we could do that, too.
    Last edited by TriLov; 08-17-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

I will message you with my email! Thank you!
    Now hosting:
    Found Poetry, Open Themed atcs, mail by July 22!
    ALL: Halloween Hands! Mail by Oct 1st!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

+ Reply to Thread