IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Official Travelling Trade - On-Going!

5B is here. It goes back out Monday
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

SECRET HALLOWEEN shhhhhh, come play! You know you want to!!!

WEBSITE/BLOG ~ ETSY
    My Instagram

3. Default

So, if I have cards done for the travelling trade, do I post them in the gallery or leave it as a surprise?
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. - Picasso

Thanks Cat I'll update the group.

Eggle, I've definitely been encouraging folks to share to the thread as otherwise the possibility exists that the only person that might get to see your card is the player right after you. We all like to oodle. But whether you do or don't is completely up to you.

4b went out today

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Asian Oriental themed group, it was added on 6/1 and on 8/1 that will be two months without it getting enough signups to kick off the mailing of the group.

Paradox, KpinAK and CatPratt perhaps you guys would either like to do personal trades or Paradox can mail her group set out and it just comes back to her after going thru you and anyone else that happens to signup by then. Paradox that is up to you. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

*lures others to 2C with the siren song of patiently waiting art* :3

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iatcgroup2c.jpg  
    Kylie Johnston
    www.kjarting.com

I agree the dino is cute

10. Default

Okie dokie then, here's to Groups 1C and Sci-fi/Fantasy 2. I really need a new scanner.

I kinda get on these portrait kicks sometimes...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. - Picasso

Hmm yes I was looking at that and wondering what to do with it.
    I would like to wait on KpinAK and CatPratt to give their input before making a decision though. I have the cards started so if need be I can mail them off or if these two are up to it we can just do a three-way trade.

At any rate I'll do the cards and post them here still... give me a week please to get them done. I'll post an update next Monday and hopefully by then we all have come to a conclusion?

I'm open to doing the Asian/Oriental group any way. Send 3 cards and I'll choose and replace like always works fine, but only three of us. OR we three can swap. Maybe like a PAT, make a card for the other two and mail out. Either way sounds good to me.
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

SECRET HALLOWEEN shhhhhh, come play! You know you want to!!!

WEBSITE/BLOG ~ ETSY
    My Instagram

If it interests anyone we three can carry out our Asian Oriental trade personally then here change the theme up.
    Some suggestions for the theme based on the muse I have been getting:

-IUCN Red List: Critically Endangered Animals <- as you can see that there are plants listed as well so that would be everyone's choice on deciding if you want to focus on just animals or include plants and others as well...or even just stick to animal types such as just birds or insects, etc.
    -Pastel creations: (light colored washes)
    -"Kawaii" (adorable/cute) ATCs
    -dinosaurs

Any thoughts?

Paradox and Everyone - the themes must be very broad to be added to the themed swap list. This is NOT like a swap group where the theme is specific. Remember these themes must be very broad otherwise we could end up with a situation such as this where we don't get enough signups to kick off a group. Thinking of the theme more like a "genre"
    will likely help.
    So before recommending a theme please be sure that it is VERY open and not restrictive because the travel groups are meant to be something that is stress free, fun and quick moving.

Examples of acceptable Themed Travel groups: - there are more examples in the mother post
    - Landscapes & Still Lifes
    - Inspired by a book/film - because there are endless amounts of books and films
    - Black and Whites / Pastels (this is broad because the subject matter is completely open)

- Kawaii would be acceptable as it is a genre but you could not expect that it would meet your definition or standard of Kawaii because Kawaii is in of itself "cute" and everyone's definition of cute and kawaii is different.

You'll notice even in the "Anime inspired" group it isn't limited to fan art or even the style of anime its very open to interpretation.

Themes that are not broad because they rather specific and better suited to a Swap Group not the Travel
    - Dinosaurs is specific and hence more suited to a swap group not a travel
    - Endangered Animals - again too specific - an acceptable topic would be "Animals"

You might have asked yourself "Why are these two themes too specific and Inspired by a book/film isn't?" Because there are an endless amount of books and films that have been written and produced and players can go in whatever direction they'd like.

Thanks for understanding!!

I CAN FIANALLY SAY MY ANIME INSPIRED SWAP IS ON ITS WAY!!! Took me long enough.. I will post a pic of the cards later.

Last edited by Dragonalloy; Yesterday at 12:33 AM.

Thanks dragonalloy marking your set as mailed!...to me MUUWHAHAHAHA

Sci-Fi & Fantasy #2 is here. Beautiful cards!

+ Reply to Thread