IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The three marker challenge!

Default The three marker challenge!

Ok, I am at uni this week, and I managed to bring exactly 6 markers. Arting away during boring lectures, I remembered a fun swap I was in a few years back : the three marker challenge swap!
    Basically, you draw a card, and, when you are ready to colour, you pick three random markers and limit yourself to those. Mixing them is allowed, but nothing else! Fine liner, three markers and white ink. That's it!
    Here are some of the cards I made back then:

(seeing those now, I realize that I used horrible paper back then!)

Would any of you be interested in this kind of swap?
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

There has been issues with my address lately. If you have me on file somewhere, please update or check with me before sending!

this could have interesting results to see that's for sure

I heard of this idea a while back & I've been intrigued ever since. Of course, can I limit myself to 3 markers on my own volition? No! But if I'm in a swap & them's the rules--heck yeah! I'd sign up for that swap! I'd kind of need someone to randomly pick my colors, though.
    Having fun in October on the Inktober Unofficial Challenge! Stop in the thread & visit!

That sounds cool, I will have to try a card like that this week if I can. I think interest in the swap for me would depend on theme, would there be one?

I would leave it open
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

There has been issues with my address lately. If you have me on file somewhere, please update or check with me before sending!

I've done this before - I think there was a swap on AFA a while back. It was actually much less stressful than I thought it would be! Once you have your three colors, off you go! I'd be interested in trying it out again.
    ~GwennieJo~

Does it have to be markers or could you use paint?
    PolkaDottie xxx
    Instagram

Now I would like to know how we do this for those that don't use markers?
    I literally have 4 markers and all four are shades of brown that I only use for the edges of my ATCs.
    Would we limit ourselves to like 3 tubes of watercolor? Or even 3 watercolor pencils?
    DeviantART | AFA
    ~Please contact me by email or AFA

ParadoxSketchbook, I don't know if watercolors would work, they mix and produce shades "too well". Colored pencils would be better or crayons for example.
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

Quote Originally Posted by kosmicgirl View Post
    ParadoxSketchbook, I don't know if watercolors would work, they mix and produce shades "too well". Colored pencils would be better or crayons for example.
    Ah! So watercolor pencils would work as well? The ones I have don't blend too hot XD
    DeviantART | AFA

That would work! With the markers, a colourless blender would be allowed as well, so why not watercolour pencils?
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

Count me in on this swap then!
    DeviantART | AFA

I would join kosmic if you put the date out a bit. As you know I am moving mid-June. But if you don't I will still try, it sounds too intriguing to pass up.
    I would use watercolors but I think I know how to do it without mixing the three colors, I think they would look similar to your second example. I can get an ok from you first before mailing out.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

+ Reply to Thread