IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the Paradox Sketchbook

Post the Paradox Sketchbook

Hello!
    As the title says this is my sketchbook. I am going to be posting my progresses throughout some art projects and even challenges. Any other artwork that I get stuck on and need opinion or the fire for it just needs to be ignited at a later date is also going to be shared. Feel free to jump in and share your thoughts!

Ongoing projects/challenges that I am working on:
    • 52 Weeks of Postcards 2017 - going on at AFA. I kind of made this harder for myself by doing 4"x6" cards when I could have just done smaller ATCs.
    • 100 Portraits for Self Improvement - self project to help me improve on getting portraits painted properly. Inspired me to start gathering people for a "Define Selfie" project that challenges what selfies are and what they impact today in society.
    • #createthisoracledeck challenge (IG) - Super simple, super fun, and just awesome! There is a free course available you guys for this in which you can create the deck and learn about yourself.
    • #cultivatemarch with The Lettering Tribe (IG) - this tests creative juices plus helps to get practice on lettering if you are into that.
    • Fursona Trading Card Game - promo deck - Thankfully I am only responsible for working on the card template (done) and the art for each for this. This is someone else's creation but I am doing the art. I'll only occasionally share highlighted moments with permission.
    DeviantART | AFA
    ~Please contact me by email or AFA

20170225_100230.jpg
    This is an ATC sized portrait that I made... I literally wanted to see if I could throw facial features down on paper without a reference and see what it would look like. I liked the features and wanted to keep them open thus decided no hair or anything like that to close the features in. Then I have no clue what came over me and I decided to throw that blue down...
    Now I am stuck...truly stuck. I have no clue how to finish this. I am using watercolor and thus layering gets muddy after a few layers. Any thoughts?
    DeviantART | AFA

World Watercolor Month - July 2017
    Hosted by doodlewash (known for the waterdoodle videos on YouTube).

Progress: total of 44 pieces created for July (6 inchies = 1 piece). If inchies are counted as a single piece than I stand at 66 pieces.

***Images are clickable - you'll be taken to an external site where the image can be viewed as a 1,000 KB size image.

June Envie for EAU (Envie Addicts Unite)
    DeviantART | AFA

Default Buddy Card Trading - Walkthrough

***To be used as an instruction guide for future reference***

🐼 BUDDY CARD TRADING 🐼
    2 artisits, 2 cards - wonderful collaboration

Official Thread on AFA: 🐼 Buddy Card Trading 🐼

How It Works
    • Buddy Cards are a set of identical cards created by two different artists
    • In the image above part (1) shows what the "starter set" looks like. A starter set is created by Player 1 then posted online for everyone to see.
    • Player 2 can then claim the set, which are mailed out by Player 1 to Player 2
    • Player 2 then completes both cards (keeping them looking identical as possible).
    • Example of the completed card is part (3) from the image above
    • Both players would then decide who keeps which card (Player 2 must share them)

Basics
    • The theme can be decided and set in stone or kept loose.
    • I can make a Starter Set and decide how it should be finished (theme wise) or leave it up to Player 2
    • Before completing the trade: disucss the important stuff such as
      • What medium the cards get completed in
      • Themes/subjects
      • Do Nots (violence, suggestive, political, etc etc etc)
      • Colors, use of materials (embellishments, loose glitter, heavily scented materials, etc)

Completed Set of Buddy Cards (examples)
    -tba-

Want to join?
    Hop on over to the website of your choice where you can find the threads already started:
    • ATCsForAll - hand drawn, hand painted, mixed media
    • DeviantArt - hand drawn, hand painted, mixed media

+ Reply to Thread