IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KPinAK's Sketchbook & WIPs

Blog Entries

Wow! I love your pears and your chickens too! What a cool accomplishment! They'd look super together on a wall
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

THanks, Amerasu. That's a good idea! Even if I plan to sell them or donate them to fundraisers, I suppose they don't need to be holed up in a closet somewhere!! I'll have to think of way to do that. Or maybe just a wall to do it on!!

I'm starting Day 5 today of a pretty intense Bob Burridge workshop. Here's most of my work so far. I've also been painting and, yes, collaging on my sketchbook covers, pencil box, watercolor bag, etc :-)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by KPinAK; 08-04-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Oh wow the workshop progress looks amazing KP! Love all the art you are making!
    P&P Fancy Drinking ATC Swap - Due August 16th, 2017| DeviantART | AFA
    NOTICE:
    I'll be inactive for the next 2 months due to recovery & treatment. Only here to finish up things that are still active like the swap. If you need to reach me please do so on DeviantArt or AFA. I am not checking my CP here too often, PM at your own risk. Thank you! ♡

My latest class, one I took with my son yesterday--3-D needle Felting of musk oxen. Ours are the two middle ones in the front row. The class was 1/2 adults & 1/2 kids. The kids did the best work.
    Attached Images

Those look super cute! I wish I could find a class nearby to learn needle felting, it always looks fun.
    P&P Fancy Drinking ATC Swap - Due August 16th, 2017| DeviantART | AFA
    NOTICE:
    I'll be inactive for the next 2 months due to recovery & treatment. Only here to finish up things that are still active like the swap. If you need to reach me please do so on DeviantArt or AFA. I am not checking my CP here too often, PM at your own risk. Thank you! ♡

I just did something a little scary & crazy yesterday. I submitted a proposal for an exhibition at the International
    gallery of Contemporary Art here in anchorage.

Here's a link to the gallery : http://www.igcaalaska.org/

Here's a link to my submitted portfolio: https://goo.gl/photos/zfFMkPyS5RERvfNk8

I also had to submit an artist resume & narrative of the proposed exhibit. I havent needed to do any proposal-style writing for more than 10 years. Some of the process felt really familiar from when I used to write proposals for engineering companies. Some of it, I was TOTALLY out of my league. I don't yet know any of that language like "exploring & pushing the boundaries of contemporary art issues".

I think my biggest hope is that the panel gives me some helpful feedback and encourages me to reapply.

Blog Entries

Felt oxen are really cute!

I think your portfolio looks wonderful! It's very painterly and colourful. I think the wine and glasses are my fave. Best of luck with that!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

+ Reply to Thread