IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brian Froud inspired Swap? For early 2017?

Default Brian Froud inspired Swap? For early 2017?

Hi folks!
    I was hoping to see if there would be any interest in a Brian Froud inspired Swap?

If there is I would hope to post it in January when my first Space Adventures closes. Especially since we are all crazy busy until then anyway with the SS, PAT and other swaps going.

I've been a fan since my toddler years and I am sure many of you are as well.

So what do you all think!?

Goblins and fairies or just any Froud style inspired character?

Or would people prefer one with just goblins and then another layer with fairies, etc? Cause some might like fairies and some might prefer goblins etc. Or enjoy drawing one more then another or hey there are always the ones that are neither and just inspired by his style.

I love hearing your magnificent thoughts!
    The art machining is back in high gear
    Pabkins

I would join if it was in the new year. It would be nice to have a variety in the subject matter and not to be tied down to one thing. Count me in.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

Quote Originally Posted by waughtercolors View Post
    I would join if it was in the new year. It would be nice to have a variety in the subject matter and not to be tied down to one thing. Count me in.
    I totally agree! I think any Brian Froud inspired characters/ creatures would be cool!

I would join too, if you hosted in the New Year. I would leave the subject matter open. There is SO much to choose from
    UPDATE: All personal trade ATCs have been completed and are in the mail

"Art washes away from the Soul the dust of everyday Life" - Pablo Picasso

My Instagram: Cricket Hollow
    Hi, I'm Theresa

I would most likely join although I'm not sure I could do his art justice!
    ~GwennieJo~

If you get out of the WAY, the art will MAKE ITSELF.

Wonderful!

@ Cricket - I agree open to interpretation and whatever creatures I think will be best

@ GwennieJo you totally aren't giving yourself enough credit! You are wonderful. Plus I think adding our own flaire is part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabkins View Post
    @ GwennieJo you totally aren't giving yourself enough credit! You are wonderful. Plus I think adding our own flaire is part of the fun.
    Aw, thanks Pabkins! I'll keep this potential swap on my radar.
    ~GwennieJo~

If you get out of the WAY, the art will MAKE ITSELF.

I would join if you plan to host. I was looking at his art a couple days ago thinking how much I have enjoyed his work over the years.
    I'd love to trade art with you, please ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Wysteriavine View Post
    I would join if you plan to host. I was looking at his art a couple days ago thinking how much I have enjoyed his work over the years.
    Wohoo it'll be a great swap I bet!

Cricket! so good to see your post! I hope we are in this swap together, I miss seeing your art!
    They call me Sandra

12. Default

He has many art books, not sure how many are still in print though.
    -The World of Faerie
    -Brain Froud's Trolls
    -The secret skecthbook of Brian Froud
    -The Land of Froud
    -How to see Faeries
    -A book called Goblins! was just recently reissued (with even more goblins! yay!) so that one should be available.
    -The Labyrinth Ultimate Visual History just came out and it has lots of Brian's concept sketches. That just came out so its still in print.
    -he World of the Dark Crystal (same as above, came out as an anniversary edition recently so should still be available and has many concept sketches by Froud.)

You know I will sign up for this in a heart beat. <3

Awesome I was JUST researching books to buy last night. I'm getting that new goblins one and I'll search for the others. I already have Good Faeries / Bad Faeries and another Faeries one.

Oh and this isn't his art but I grabbed the Spiderwick Chronicles Field Guide cause I totally love the field guide style now!

I'll check the FAQ I think I can post the official signup once I mail out everyone's returns for the Space Adventures. So I'm super excited for this one since I'm a Froud nut!

Blog Entries

You should follow Tony DiTerlizzi on Instagram, Pabkins. He is so amazing (Spiderwick illustrator).
    Website ** Instagram ** Etsy Shop
    I'm taking life one trade at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestStudios View Post
    You should follow Tony DiTerlizzi on Instagram, Pabkins. He is so amazing (Spiderwick illustrator).
    Thanks Tempest! I just followed him - indeed the field guide book just arrived I can't wait to flip thru it!!

Tony is on FB as well and often does live videos of himself drawing and painting, he will talk and respond to questions. I have been a fan for quite some time, I love his spiderwick illustrations. If I could only draw half as good.....ahhh.
    They call me Sandra

Another great Instagram artist is chris_riddell. Boy can he draw. Great youtube videos.
    They call me Sandra

Someone may have already said this and I missed it but the Frouds have two tarot decks that are AMAZING.
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

Secret HALLOWEEN Swap! You know you want to play!

ABSTRACT atc swap
    Our PETS/creature swap is here!

Jump on in the Urban Sketchbook MMH thread!

My Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by catpratt View Post
    Someone may have already said this and I missed it but the Frouds have two tarot decks that are AMAZING.
    No I don't think anyone did! I'll totally have to check for them. I'm not into Tarot reading or collecting decks but if it has different art on each card I bet its amazing and I'd love to see

+ Reply to Thread