IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pabkins Art Attention Deficit

I got the extreme bug to do some papercutting so I saw a drawing I never painted hanging on my string and redrew it as a papercut template. The left is the original the right is the redesigned mushi as a papercut, hours of painstaking cutting by hand but such fun!
    Attached Images

That's really pretty! Just how long did it take to finish? :O

I could tell by all the details in your work that you have extreme patience, but that paper cut piece, wow!

What do you mean "hanging on my string"?

@Blanche - I got the bug and started drawing a template probably around 5 or 6pm and didn't finish til nearly 3am. I stopped for snacks! Oh and I used spray adhesive the next day to put it on the red cardstock and then voila done. I think it'll go quicker once I get the hang of drawing in such a way where all the lines are connected because everything is supposed to be connected that is going to stay as the final piece if that makes sense. I ordered a little sharps container and plan to do some more because I really enjoyed it. I snap blades a lot...the tip of one flew in my eye a few weeks ago... I better add protective eye goggles to that to buy list!

@Catpratt - what I mean by hanging on my string is I have several strings hung up around my studio. 2 across the window and one above my marker rack. I hang cards there that I don't plan to finish anytime soon but don't want to lose or forget about and I hang finished ones there that are part of a personal trade that I have to finish another card for. Only sketches get hung on the strings across the window so they don't fade. Here is the one above my marker rack

https://instagram.com/p/BStoza4jO0h/

Another handdrawn then handcut papercard. I don't know if these count as PP or MMA so I didn't post it to the gallery. But figure putting it in my personal project thread is ok.

Trade this on on instagram
    Attached Images

Its been awhile since I updated here. I've been using sketchbooks so much more this year and so happy for it too. I think it has helped me map out my cards better and just art in general.

I did a Sketchbook Project sketchbook for the Brooklyn Art LIbrary and submitted that several months ago. I am still waiting for them to digitize it so it'll be available on their online library. When it is I'll be sure to link it as its open to the public for anyone to view. They have so many cool sketchbooks in the library!

I producted my second art book! I'm so proud of it and can't wait to hold the proof and final copies in my hand! It was for the March of Robots challenge I did in March and I loved all the robots so much and I had so many more robots that I'd done that I thought it would make a perfect and fun little artbook.

Here is a look at all the cards I made and a link in case anyone is interested in scoooping up a copy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6194219...ts-art-book-by

In other even more exciting news, I am currently working on a HUGE artbook project that will compile many of the 2016 and 2017 ATCs that were made in the instagram ATC community that I run. Some of you have joined in a few times there and some of the folks there I've recruited to be members here. This book will mean so much to me because I know I wouldn't have kept going with my art the way I have without all the fantasy artists I've come to know the past few years. So thanks so much you guys. I've never seen a ATC/sketchcard themed art book before so I'm hoping it'll do really awesome! I'll share some news here when its finally ready for the world!

I don't know if I had put annual goals in ths 2018 thread this year but I feel like I've been doing good on getting things done that I wanted to do this year. I hope you all are as well!

+ Reply to Thread