IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pabkins Art Attention Deficit

I got the extreme bug to do some papercutting so I saw a drawing I never painted hanging on my string and redrew it as a papercut template. The left is the original the right is the redesigned mushi as a papercut, hours of painstaking cutting by hand but such fun!
    Attached Images

That's really pretty! Just how long did it take to finish? :O

I could tell by all the details in your work that you have extreme patience, but that paper cut piece, wow!

What do you mean "hanging on my string"?
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

SECRET HALLOWEEN shhhhhh, come play! You know you want to!!!

WEBSITE/BLOG ~ ETSY
    My Instagram

@Blanche - I got the bug and started drawing a template probably around 5 or 6pm and didn't finish til nearly 3am. I stopped for snacks! Oh and I used spray adhesive the next day to put it on the red cardstock and then voila done. I think it'll go quicker once I get the hang of drawing in such a way where all the lines are connected because everything is supposed to be connected that is going to stay as the final piece if that makes sense. I ordered a little sharps container and plan to do some more because I really enjoyed it. I snap blades a lot...the tip of one flew in my eye a few weeks ago... I better add protective eye goggles to that to buy list!

@Catpratt - what I mean by hanging on my string is I have several strings hung up around my studio. 2 across the window and one above my marker rack. I hang cards there that I don't plan to finish anytime soon but don't want to lose or forget about and I hang finished ones there that are part of a personal trade that I have to finish another card for. Only sketches get hung on the strings across the window so they don't fade. Here is the one above my marker rack

https://instagram.com/p/BStoza4jO0h/

Another handdrawn then handcut papercard. I don't know if these count as PP or MMA so I didn't post it to the gallery. But figure putting it in my personal project thread is ok.

Trade this on on instagram
    Attached Images

These next two went much faster but aren't as detailed and I still have a lot to learn about how best to design the cut and stay areas.

+ Reply to Thread