IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PastaBunny's Sketchbook Journal and WIP's

Default PastaBunny's Sketchbook Journal and WIP's

Sooo for some reason i have never seen this thread before and I have been keeping a day a page journal sketchbook... Though I can never keep up to date and am a month behind!

Here are a handful of my more interesting pages (various dates) - I usually sketch to teach myself and remind how to draw certain animal faces... I like to annotate them and if you have extra comments (criticism and good stuff haha) for the work then please leave comments!
    Attached Images
    Hosting a Giraffe Swap - due 10th Sep
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

I think that is wonderful that you are making an effort to create daily. The last page of Georgie are good, they look like her.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

i hope you don't mean the skulls next to her? (haha only kidding)!! I do love painting Georgie! Yeh it was an aim to do it every day but I don't, however it has been better than nothing and I will still finish it even if it takes me over haha!
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

4. Default

These are wonderful! I, too, admire your ability to make a piece daily! I did inktober last year and it was very exhausting.

I love the animal pages especially. Also, its very clever to do this in a dated book! Great job.

Thank you! The idea to do it in a journal calendar book was inspired by a random Artist's Facebook feed who did the same thing, I knew I wanted to try it as soon as January rolled around. I am about one month behind on this but there are days where I do six or seven pages so I will catch up! You are right though - along with just normal ATCs getting the sketchbook filled and my various other hobbies I do I am pushed for time! Here are some more from the diary, studied lots of food types for a job at work. That was great fun!
    Attached Images
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

6. Default

Great idea, Noodle! I wish I could pull together enough time to do something like this...
    How do you keep everything from bleeding through to the other side?

Good question and the answer is not sure as I sometimes saturate the paper lol... all it does is show some wrinkling on the other side.... who knows why it doesn't do that?
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

OH, I get it! Pasta=noodle. Bunny=rabbit. I wondered why Noodlerabbit was hogging all the posts on Pastabunny's thread. haha. Yay! Now I have a regular place to go to get my noodlerabbit fix. And so inspiring that you're creating (most) days, and lots on many days!!
    Keeping my eyes open for the next challenge...

Well I suppose you post a lot in the gallery and that accounts for lack of more posting here! But wow, I thought I had looked at this thread but all those animals and then the foods and figures, fantastic! Great job on those lion studies and that giraffe, so great! Love all those breads and underwater plants too!

Hi CindyD and yes that's probably the best explanation - I don't often have too many works in progress because I usually don't take a lot of time on them before they're complete. I haven't worked in my sketchbook in a few days but here are a couple of older double page spreads. Always trying to understand the weird and wonderful items that I can add into my artwork at a later date. Also since postcards do take a little more time here is the WIP sneak preview at one of my favourite drawings (just because of the detail).
    Attached Images
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

Blog Entries

Wow, lots of cool sketches here! I love how you theme your pages here - food, animals, fish, etc. It's awesome to see the colours too. Great stuff!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

So I have been rather busy with many other things (not to mention unwell) and so have only dragged myself out of the woodwork to do finished pieces straight for trading. Finally getting better I got called in on a job for work - Christmas themed blackboards on their counters... So whipped out the dusty old sketchbook and drew some Christmas scenes in May - yes THAT is how far behind I am! I still intend to finish this journal but it is by no means a page a day haha!
    Attached Images
    Ebay - Etsy - Facebook

+ Reply to Thread