IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Official Travelling Trade - CLOSED

Thanks!

Regarding Pabkins "problem".. Wouldn't it be possible to open up a few traveling trades with a theme? Very lose themes, like cutesy or dark or fantasy or nature... Stuff like that?
    --------**--------
    Hi, my name is Anna!

Wanna know a secret?
    I'd love to trade with you!

I would LOVE broad-themed traveling trade groups!!

Haha my "problem" muuuwhaha, yes yes I am a problem child!!

Admittedly I did suggest that months ago and I think it was a bit too much to keep track of at the time. I would be happy to start a Themed Travel Trade thread so the two travel Trade types wouldn't get mixed up!!! - and wouldn't be an extra burden to TF Balding. I would even be happy to start one of those groups to kick it off. Since manning the thread is just updating the list I figure it would work nice since I'm a forum junkie (couldn't stay away even on vacation lol) and save the admins from having yet one more thing to update.

I sent Kosmicgirl a message to see if it's ok. So hopefully folks that have a hankering for specific genres can wet their whistle with it! Ooo excited!
    Last edited by Pabkins; 05-21-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I'd totally be up for a themed Traveling Trade! And I think keeping it separate is a good idea, maybe, but it doesn't have to be as folks would know what they're signing up for from the get-go. I wonder if we'd have less sign ups if the theme was really narrow or specific? And we could potentially run into a problem of definitions, maybe. My idea of a robot card may not be your idea of a robot card, for example. I wouldn't want to upset anyone with my contributions!

That being said, I love ATCs and I love surprises and trading, so I would probably participate in a themed Traveling Trade if I liked the theme. And that's my 2 cents.
    ~GwennieJo~

I wouldn't mind a themed travel trade. I know with the travel trade that made it home the cards I got are very lovely and super nice, but not all really fitting any themes I'm collecting. Which at that point what do you do with cards that don't fit in a theme your collecting? Could we see about opening a forum or something about re-trading cards by chance, and if some one doesn't want their cards traded off they could say no?

Oh yeah I think broad like Kosmicgirl said would be best.. So it's still a surprise and still tons of wiggle room to use your cards in that themed genre that you have already made previously and have laying around if you want which is what I think the original idea of the travel came up. Possible example themes:. Like "Fantasy, Science Fiction, Still Life, Horror/Macabre, Realism, Anime, Surrealism, Fan Art, Etc"

ooooh...I would be interested in the themed traveling card! Because I will for sure get something that will possibly match my theme of cards I'm collecting. But more openly maybe? So it won't be as close to PAT swap or other trades. And more wiggle room to be creative. Example maybe: one group for fairy traveling cards. one group for cult classic cards, one group for flowers / plants, so on and so forth...?

I haven't tried a travel trade, yet, but a loose theme does seem more appealing from my newbie perspective.

Blog Entries

Ok guys, I've brought the subjects of themes & retrading cards up with the other Admin (again) & we'll let you know something soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonalloy View Post
    I know with the travel trade that made it home the cards I got are very lovely and super nice, but not all really fitting any themes I'm collecting. Which at that point what do you do with cards that don't fit in a theme your collecting? Could we see about opening a forum or something about re-trading cards by chance, and if some one doesn't want their cards traded off they could say no?
    First, this is the official site policy on re-trading cards.

Personally, I would feel mortified if someone wanted to post one of my cards in a re-trade forum for all the world to see. To me, that would feel like getting dumped on national TV. While I understand that it's not INTENDED as a public rejection, that wouldn't make me feel any better about it. And I could see myself giving permission, because I would LIKE to be a person who doesn't care, but I absolutely 100% would care, and I would check that forum in agony every day, hoping someone else had claimed my card. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, so as Lead Admin, I am ruling out the forum. If you want to re-trade someone else's card, you should seek permission privately and then conduct the (re-)trade privately. I know that's more of a hassle, but tightly curating a collection takes work, so this is part of that work.

I think of swaps and games like this as a lottery. Sometimes I get things I adore because they are totally me; sometimes I get things that are very pretty but not necessarily on a theme I collect. I have dedicated binders (and frames) for my weird collections, and then I have a binder for "general" cards, and that's where I put those lovely pieces that are a little outside of my wheelhouse. I often find that binder gets some of the most comments when people ask to go through my cards. I also sometimes find that I have gained new appreciation for a card that I got five years ago, which I would not have experienced if I had given the card away.
    Know what I love a lot? TRADING! With you! PM me!

Could I join group 1C, please?

Put me down for 1C as well, please.
    ~GwennieJo~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
    \If you want to re-trade someone else's card, you should seek permission privately and then conduct the (re-)trade privately.

I think of swaps and games like this as a lottery. Sometimes I get things I adore because they are totally me; sometimes I get things that are very pretty but not necessarily on a theme I collect.
    Thank you, AnnD. Totally agree!

Blog Entries

Mailing out Groups 2B and 5B tomorrow!
    Kylie Johnston
    www.kjarting.com

Group 3B and Group 5 in mail today! (Sorry for slight delay)

Upon realizing I was the last person for Group 3B, I felt like I should make at least one card specifically from KPinAK's profile list, because whatever is in the final group stays with her. So I made some trees. Hope you like them, KP!

Oh I do like them Cindy! I just commented on them in the gallery. Thank you! I can't wait to see what else is in the group :-)

Blog Entries

ADMIN NOTE: This thread is officially closed now! All communication should take place on the new thread, here:

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum...Trade-On-Going!

You will not be able to post on this thread any longer. Current details are in the first post of the new thread.

Please update your subscriptions. Thanks!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Closed Thread