IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Art Dolls? 0_o

Default Art Dolls? 0_o

I noticed in the annual calendar in April there is an art doll challenge and I have a few questions, if anyone can help

- How does one trade for these? 1:1 or sets of 2 or 3 etc
    - Is there a set size for these the way there is for atcs?
    - how do you make them?

2. Default

I want to know too! I made a doll for secret Santa and while I was at it, I made 2 more that aren't finished. I think art dolls are my new favorite thing!
    ~Facebook~Deviant Art~Instagram: PurplePencilArt~

What size are yours? I've been looking on the web and they range from approx 8" to 14" and some only have a few pins (I think there split pins?) and some have tons!

4. Default

Well, mine don't have any pins. I think they would be called stuffies... They are canvas, stuffed with polyfil and sewn around the edges. I have made paper dolls before. They are usually about 12" - 14" with pins (brads) at the knees, shoulders, hips and elbows. I made some Dr. Who ones for a swap, might still be in my gallery on atcsforall.
    ~Facebook~Deviant Art~Instagram: PurplePencilArt~

I don't usually do paper ones either. I like doing assemblage and mixed media art dolls. I think the size for ANY art doll is usually creator's discretion though. In swaps the only requirement is usually that 3-4 of them fit in a bubble mailer.
    Oh! You pretty things!
    Don't you know you're driving your mothers and fathers insane?

+ Reply to Thread