IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genxster's Sketchbook and Stuff

Default Genxster's Sketchbook and Stuff

I love looking at all the sketchbook threads. Thought I'd start one too.

Here are some pages from the last couple of months. A basic assortment of random sketches, a drawing and some acrylic painting practice.
    Attached Images

I'm so proud of myself! I've completed two finished pieces of art larger than ATC size. I'm really getting into painting. Next goal - use real colors.
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

Real colours are for losers! I love the paintings, especially the EA Poe is wonderful. And I also like seeing those pages with random face sketches - good to know other people are doing that too. Apparently I've been browsing too much Tumblr lately because I find myself thinking that people's sketchbooks are always these epic well finished Moleskine or-some-other-trendy-journal spreads filled with detail and colour and great composition. I mean, come on..
    ETSY /// BOOK ARTS BLOG /// TUMBLR /// FACEBOOK PAGE /// WEBSITE SHOP
    BE ELUSIVE, BUT DON'T WALK FAR

Thanks! The Poe hangs proudly on my wall. I'm just so pleased with how it came out.

I know what you mean about Tumblr. I feel the same way. I'd like to see real sketchbook pages please.
    Last edited by Genxster; 09-15-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Wow, great stuff! That Poe is totally amazing! Also black and white kicks @ss and other colors are not required. (But can be very fun.)

Thanks for the votes for B&W. I do love it, but I want to experiment with acrylic glazing over my grayscale work. Just to see what happens.

Oh you should totally experiment if that's what you're down for - don't think your stuff isn't awesome without color, though, cause it totally is. And you know I think you're amazing!! That poe!

I love Poe and I love your portrait of him. Awesome!
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

Blog Entries

My sadly neglected sketch book looks absolutely nothing like your pages... Wowza--awesome stuff!!
    Now hosting:
    Found Poetry, Open Themed atcs, mail by July 22!
    ALL: Halloween Hands! Mail by Oct 1st!

Hi! My name is Tanya, but my friends call me Tea!

Blog Entries

I really love your Poe! He looks so good popping off the page like that! Super painting!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Thanks everyone! I'm doing a lot more painting this year. I'm currently working on a painting for a Bill-Murray show.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (135.4 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (163.4 KB, 10 views)

Blog Entries

Bill Murray look fabulous!! And I love that he's still totally your style too. Looking amazing so far
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Oooo that Bill Murray is fabulous!!

Oh thanks guys. I'm pretty much finished with the painting here are some more process pics. I tried so hard to make it technically good that I lost the personality I was trying to capture so it's not a great success. Note to self - loosen up!
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread