IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CindyD's Project Thread

Blog Entries

Those sketches are just absolutely amazing. Like, A-MA-ZING. Do you feel like this is taking you to a whole new level of detail with fur and things?
    Know what I love a lot? TRADING! With you! PM me!

Blog Entries

WOW!! Those sketches are out of this world!! They're so fantastic! They would look so amazing all framed together. Do more like this!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Blog Entries

What size are they, Cindy?

AnnD, it's pretty great. I feel like I wasn't making any kind of art progress for many months, and the painting is going a *bit* better but still not consistent. And then I started the smaller drawings of fuzzy creatures, and then since part of the painting plan was to work bigger, pulled out some 9x12 Bristol pads and because of consistency... progress!

Thanks Sal! That one you commented on in the gallery is probably my favorite thing I've ever drawn ever.

They are 9 x 12. And have lots of smudge marks because I am sucky with the smudge guard!
    I've been watching fur and hair videos on youtube. And recently added a mechanical pencil to the mix.

(New one here!)
    Last edited by CindyD; 02-05-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Blog Entries

They are so awesome and the shading is amazing! But most of all, they have such fantastic character, they make me smile so much! I think you should sell them (if you're not keeping them). They're that good, they'd be snapped up!!

Blog Entries

I agree totally with Sal. They are incredible. You should savor the feeling of progress while the rest of us savor the delicious visuals! Yum!

More things. Got a mechanical pencil (005 with HB lead) and a 4B.
    (The first one is finished, I think, but the others are not.) My unfinished pile is getting bigger. Some probably I won't go back to, which is fine I suppose.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CindyD; 02-16-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries

OMG, Preston with bowtie is so amazing!!!! If you ever want to sell him, send me a message!

More! It's just about one a day recently. I tried an 8B for a bit of background in the last one, but it didn't really work out. Might need something else, or it might be vellum vs. smooth Bristol.

I really need to stop and do Fave artist cards. Eeeek.
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

More fantastic drawings! I love them all! So cute and so nicely shaded!

I never have much luck with the super B pencils either. Mine tend to be a bit blotchy and uneven. I don't think I have quite the knack for it or maybe it's just practice. Some people can pull it off to perfection. I tend to only use deep Bs for dark shades and leave it at that, lol. Anything else scares me. I love that you went for it though! But if you're not happy with it, maybe a mixed media approach might be cool? Maybe a black acrylic or an marker would work just as well and not detract from the awesome pencil.

Still at the pencils.
    The woman (Daisy) started as a possible coloring page. May have to do another coloring page.
    Attached Images

Cindy your pencil work are marvelous. I love your creatures and your shading is great.

Not too shabby for someone who thinks they can't draw horse bodies! Love him, very cute!
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

I did the thing, life drawing class. I am bad at it but that's ok! In three hours I produced these two items. The first is 2 sheets of 11x14 that I clipped beside each other on the drawing board. 11x14 was all I brought and it seemed quite small once I got there. The first one was about 20 minutes worth of "no idea what I am doing".

For the second, my neighbor donated a sheet of 18 x 24. I used all the pencils I brought: mechanical (with HB lead), 2H, 4B, 6B, 8B, and a q-tip. Wish I'd had some more middle tones. Also maybe a charcoal and/or graphite stick, which I shall get before next class along with bigger paper. And gloves. I spent close to 2.5 hours on this one. That is supposed to be her gloved right hand resting between her legs (but is the worst part)! Many other problems, but I would be here all day pointing them out.

More next time.
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

That's fabulous, Cindy! Beautiful pencil work! I think you did a really fantastic job for your first go. Life drawing is hard when you haven't done it before but even so, these are such a good start. And you've got foreshortening to deal with in this pose and you did it quite well. I think this is a super first outing. I hope you keep it up!

Yes, it's nice to go to life drawing class with a big 18 x 24 pad. You can pick them up at any art store for about $1- $3 for a pad. I like the kraft paper best. It looks really good with brown pencils and then white for highlights.

Thanks so much, Sal! It is frustrating but terrific time spent and practice accomplished. Also, there is coffee and snacks.

A portrait from my third life drawing class. The model was wearing some kind of weird fur thing on top so I decided to concentrate on a portrait. I think it's not too bad and that all my recent pencil drawing practice is working!

Here also are the most recent critters.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CindyD; 04-26-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Blog Entries

I love her hair! It looks so detailed and nicely rendered!

And of course your latest drawings. All awesome as usual.

My daughter came up to my art room the other day and freaked out over Preston with bowtie! LOL. She totally loved him and had lots of great things to say about your art.

Blog Entries

I am so impressed with what you're doing, both your output and your putting yourself out there. You are doing glorious work. I wish I could come along in your pocket, but I would be TERRIFIED.

+ Reply to Thread