IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CindyD's Project Thread

Default CindyD's Project Thread

I should be going to work. But here's some unfinished things I've got going and may, who knows, one day! finish.

Of these the fancy bontebok (antelope) is my favorite and I can't bring myself to ink it for fear of wrecking it. I spent a lot more time on the pencil stage than I usually do (and way back in January).

Sal! How do you post the whole image in the thread? Is it already posted somewhere else and linked? Much nicer to see them so big.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CindyD; 09-11-2014 at 12:42 PM.

That IS one pretty antelope.

Yep, you post the image in the thread by uploading to the gallery and using that little square picture frame with a picture of a tree in it to insert the link. In the quick reply it's in between the earth and the film strip.
    Oh! You pretty things!
    Don't you know you're driving your mothers and fathers insane?

Blog Entries

Wow! That antelope is so awesome! Looks so good. I understand your inking fears. I have them too.

How about printing it out and then doing a test inking on regular paper? Once you have an inked version you're happy with, do it on the original version. OR (and this could be more fun), invest $100-250 in a small Wacom and ink to your hearts content in Photoshop. Tons of versions!

To add large images, you need to upload somewhere (max about 750 pixels wide to fit forum, vertical doesn't matter) and then link to the url of the image with the [ img ] [ /img ] tags.

Yay for opening a project/sketchbook thread!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Quote Originally Posted by Amerasu View Post
    How about printing it out and then doing a test inking on regular paper?
    Of course! I even have a light box. Which I have used once. I could actually trace it onto the same kind of drawing paper and do a finished version while saving the sketch. I could do it multiple times! Would it be weird to have different inked, differently colored versions of the same image? They would be originals.

I really cannot decide about a tablet! I want to master pen & ink, and I expect that to take a lot of years, and every time I do some other kind of art, whether painting or digital stuff, then that means the primary skill will take longer. On the other hand, I know that all the skills complement each other. Ugh. Hard to decide.
    Last edited by CindyD; 09-11-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Blog Entries

OMG, that bontebok is a jaw-dropper! I'd be scared to ink it, too! Using the light box seems like a good solution.

The witch with the spider on her hat has a crush on me. Or maybe it's the other way around.
    Know what I love a lot? TRADING! With you! PM me!

ink it ink it ink it!! You can do it! *cheer*

I love that blind drawing!!

I will do it. With the light box! But mostly I'm in horses mode. (Horses/mules/donkeys/unicorns and such). I have called my project The Season of the Horse, and these are my faves and one in progress.

I think I might change the hair to flowers or feathers. Not sure yet. Not really any good room for horns. At least, not ones with the sort of perspective I think I could manage.
    Attached Images

Newest done, though the background is very unsatisfying. It doesn't have much purpose but to be decorative, and its not done well for that. It happens sometimes!
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

I think the background looks great! That mane though, it's amazing! That must have taken a long time with all of the detailing. Worth it though!

Blog Entries

I like the background too, and the finished piece has beautiful toned down colours. I think the background has some arts & crafts vibe in it...
    ETSY /// BOOK ARTS BLOG /// TUMBLR /// FACEBOOK PAGE /// WEBSITE SHOP
    BE ELUSIVE, BUT DON'T WALK FAR

Holy cow, Cindy, you are the master of the pattern.

Haha, thanks so much you guys. I don't love this last one as much as the others so I've been bummed about that, but it's nice to be reminded that different people like different things and also, just gotta keep at it!
    Hoping to start *gasp* a whole body of a horse next.

Blog Entries

Woohoo! Expanding the art horizons! I love it!

Did you ink your antelope yet?

I did not ink the antelope yet! But, I have a new horse. With a tiny ship and some steampunky (maybe) details. And since I think I will want to lightbox that one, because once again I am way too close to the edges, I may do both at once.
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

WOW! He's really cool! I love the ship in his mane and he definitely looks steampunky

Blog Entries

Holy God, he is gorgeous, CindyD! His posture and eye are so expressive, too!
    Know what I love a lot? TRADING! With you! PM me!

I've been enjoying your horses! Great job Cindy.

New horse. Still need to do bodies. Ha! Also, more perspectives. But I was sick the past week. O_o
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

Gorgeous, Cindy!

Yes, let's see some bodies! On horses and people... or maybe a person on a horse?! Two in one

Hope you're feeling better

Well it was going to be more of the horse but the legs went off the page so I put a field of flowers! It is pretty terrible but may improve some today. My reference pic.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CindyD; 10-05-2014 at 10:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread