IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: CindyD's Project Thread

This year started with animals in acrylic (January), practicing portraiture (Feb and onward, much more sporadically than I'd like) and finally started a series of inspiring women. Started with Shirley Chisolm for AnnD March gift swap, and have worked on the following:
    Dolores Huerta, Mexican-American Labor and Civil Rights leader,
    Stacey Abrams, Democratic Nominee for Governor of Georgia, 2018
    Paulette Jordan, progressive Democratic nominee for Governor of Idaho
    Manal al-Sharif, Saudi Arabian women’s rights activist who helped start a women’s right to drive campaign in 2011
    Ahed Tamimi, teenaged Palestinian rights activist (big one! 22" x 28" still in progress)
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

These are great. Your likenesses are really strong.
    Hi! My name is Erika.

Now hosting the Legend of Zelda Swap // Due Jan 7th,2019. http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum...e-Jan-7th-2019

Website ** Instagram ** Etsy Shop
    I'm taking life one trade at a time.

Cindy, they're really beautiful and sensitive. I'm so happy you are doing this. What greater influence than spending hours with these women. I wonder what you are going to do with them?

We have a store here that is doing a fund raising. They're selling art and a lot of greeting cards with these kinds of images.

Thanks for the nice comments!
    cat, I would like to do a lot more of these. I'm going to turn 50 next February and I may try to do a local show. I have no idea if that is possible. And though if any were to sell I would donate most of the proceeds to the individual causes, I don't know if I can sell them since I am using photos found online.

Still struggling to paint daily! Holy cow it is easy to have an excuse after a workday and walking dogs and etc. I recently watched this Bobby Chiu video the 1 Percent Door which helped some!

The art I'm selling is in the form of greeting cards reproduced from my paintings. Not the original art!

50 is a big birthday! How are you feeling about that? I'm 53 so have gone over that hurdle already.

gonna check out that video.

The portraits are good Cindy, I hope you get to do a show, have you tried your local library? Ours features different artists every month. I got a chance to do one a few years ago. One of the artists who had a show at the library gave all the money he made selling his paintings to a charity. He had an auction at the end of the month.
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

+ Reply to Thread