IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View Poll Results: Which swap would you consider joining??

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastical creatures of the air

6 25.00%
  • Cows

9 37.50%
  • Chinese zodiac

9 37.50%
  • The African 'big 5'

1 4.17%
  • Fantastical creatures of the sea

13 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help me choose a swap theme

Default Please help me choose a swap theme

YOU CAN CHOOSE UP TO 5

Hi there! I'd like to host a swap again but seem to have VERY bad luck with my swaps - and am assuming it's because my themes super boring. In fact I only had TWO people in my swap. So before I go all gung-ho and choose a theme for a new one I thought I'd do a poll and see which is the most popular choice.

I'm aiming at a due date in April / May.
    Thanks a mil
    Leigh
    Last edited by Colourfulleigh; 02-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.

LOL, I almost selected cows, but chose Chinese Zodiac ...and they're EVEN! too funny.
    Please call me Joan

Quote Originally Posted by jmmbarkovich View Post
    LOL, I almost selected cows, but chose Chinese Zodiac ...and they're EVEN! too funny.
    Thanks for voting

I like cows too and sea creatures. The Chinese zodiac would be cool. Would we make all the animals or just three?
    They call me Sandra

I am no longer at the Hill View address

I love all things Chinese so this was any easy choice for me

Quote Originally Posted by waughtercolors View Post
    I like cows too and sea creatures. The Chinese zodiac would be cool. Would we make all the animals or just three?
    Thanks for voting Sandi. The zodiac swap would only 3 different signs, not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    I love all things Chinese so this was any easy choice for me
    Great Janet - please add your vote to the above poll.

Hi there I've voted. My first choice was cows, and second fantastical creatures of the sea. Cows would be a challenge for me, since I've never done them before; and sea creatures is one of the themes I collect.
    UPDATE: All personal trade ATCs have been completed and are in the mail

"Art washes away from the Soul the dust of everyday Life" - Pablo Picasso

My Instagram: Cricket Hollow
    Hi, I'm Theresa

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Hi there I've voted. My first choice was cows, and second fantastical creatures of the sea. Cows would be a challenge for me, since I've never done them before; and sea creatures is one of the themes I collect.
    Thanks Cricket. I have never done a cow before either, that's why I thought it would be a bit of a challenge - and we all love challenges here

Hey I have the same problem.....I have 3 open swaps now with little activity so far.....come see
    I just wanted to applaud each of the artist on this site....you guys are amazing. I learn something everyday from your talent. Because of you I stretch my abiltiy on a daily basis and I'm always inspired by what I see you create. Thank you.

I was the only one so far who voted for the African Big 5. Now I have to ask....WHAT ARE the Big 5? The African theme alone is HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita Rojas View Post
    I was the only one so far who voted for the African Big 5. Now I have to ask....WHAT ARE the Big 5? The African theme alone is HUGE!
    Hi Juanita, hee hee, thanks for voting for them anyway! I don´t see it in the poll though, please double check that your vote went through.

The 'big 5' are- the African elephant, the lion, black rhino, leopard and African buffalo. More info here: http://www.safarisafricana.com/big-five-animals/

13. Default

I like the African big 5 and Chinese zodiac haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sopranino View Post
    I like the African big 5 and Chinese zodiac haha.
    Thanks Sopranino - please vote in the poll at the top of this post.

Ok I went for sea/air creatures!
    Time does not change us. It just unfolds us.-Max Frisc

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BichenVint...=hdr_shop_menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSweet View Post
    Ok I went for sea/air creatures!
    Thanks for voting!

Cows definitely would do it for me.
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by Colourfulleigh View Post
    I'd like to host a swap again but seem to have VERY bad luck with my swaps - and am assuming it's because my themes super boring. In fact I only had TWO people in my swap.
    I think so many factors are involved! I doubt your themes are boring, they just might be timed badly for people, or maybe too much other stuff is going on at the same time. I think some folks are able to do swaps at certain times of the year and not other times. Right now I find myself doing far fewer ATCs because I started painting.

I've hosted three swaps, including the current one. That's about one per year LOL. But I enjoy spending a lot of time on writing them up and giving lots of details and ideas in the write-up, finding lots of examples from the gallery and making lots of cards to advertise and remind people about the swap as time goes on. This is not the only way of course, but it works for me and I've had good luck. I think being very enthusiastic about your swap helps, is what I'm saying!

I keep saying I can't join more swaps, particularly with the secret swap coming up. But I might be inclined to join another creatures of the sea type, so I shall vote for it and lurk, if it goes up.

Thanks Cindy, all good points. I think some of my swap ideas may be too restrictive though. The last one I did was in September, watercolour exotic flowers - which didn´t leave much room open to interpratation. I think in future I just need to keep the themes a little more dynamic. Gettting some great feedback on the poll though, so I have pretty much decided what to go with this time
    Last edited by Colourfulleigh; 02-12-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Speaking personally, its rarely the theme, more a general lack of time! Thanks for continuing to go to the work of hosting. Great perseverance!

+ Reply to Thread