IllustratedATCs.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: in the style of swap?

Default in the style of swap?

I am wondering.. since we have artist PAT swaps.. do we also allow swaps in the theme of one artist? I ask because it does not seem to be done.. or maybe because there would not be enough intrest in just one artist?

I just adore Laurel Burch's work and would love to see ATC's done in her style... should I wait for the next artist PAT and jump in requesting her? or would there be someone willing to host a swap on her style? (I dont have enough trader rating to)

forgive my ignorance...
    ~Sara

Yes. The first one on this site produced my avatar. It was a In The Style of Brian Froud, kinda

It can be done either way

Blog Entries

We had an amazing series a few years back. Art History 101
    http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum...hlight=history

I know EraserQueen is a big Laurel Burch fan so I'm sure she'd be interested!

I wouldn't mind doing an Art History series again with long dead masters if anyone feels like hosting it.

Blog Entries

I'd be thrilled to host a Laurel Burch Swap! *giggles with GLEEE*

Actually, I've been eyeing that one
    May I?

I had one going during that same time on different mediums, was thinking of doing that over again too. I think there may be interest.

I don't want to hold them monthly though, like both were originally, though 3 months might be too long. Does two months sound reasonable?

I think two months sounds good Three always seems so far away that I do not build up any urgency and then it is easy for the enthusiasm to fade.
    TRADE with me this summer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EraserQueen View Post
    I'd be thrilled to host a Laurel Burch Swap! *giggles with GLEEE*
    OH YAY yes please do
    ~Sara

Blog Entries

Okay, I'll do an Art History swap then; two months so enthusiasm will hang around.

I need to do a bit of study and set up a plan.... I'll do it later this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Meran View Post
    Okay, I'll do an Art History swap then; two months so enthusiasm will hang around.

I need to do a bit of study and set up a plan.... I'll do it later this evening.
    Meran, I learned such a lot from the 'different mediums swap'. I tried techniques I otherwise wouldn't have looked at.

Thanks, Janet, that was my aim! I learned a lot too.

I'm still studying on the "course" to take.. I may stick with American Art, whatcha think? I won't duplicate anyone that's been done before either.. Stretch our comfort zones a bit

Blog Entries

My preference is old masters so I can get some acrylic painting practice in but I'll participate depending on the artist. Why limit to American painters?

I'm more interested in the art than the nationality of the artist.

There has to be some kind of limit... All before a certain time? Only impressionists? Etc.
    I began thinking this could be started in old pre history then progress, to get a flow.. A lot of the previous swap was European (if not all. I'd have to review) "American" would be North & South American. That's still A LOT of painters to choose from. Also, I thought of John Singer Sargent ("master" enough for you? ) but I don't want to make it so hard that very few sign up ( a problem the previous swap had... At least twice, maybe 3 times, it was me and Livia, and maybe one other)

I'd like to avoid that. Instead, just make it a learning process.

Has NOTHING to do with Nationality. No politics. These swaps could last many years... Why NOT do it in batches, instead of willy nilly?

Go for it Meran!!!

Meran I would sign up .
    ~Sara

I've been busy these last several days.... I'll do this soon!

+ Reply to Thread