IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Moleskine Group Waiting List: ALL Media!

Yes, Flashviv, that's what I thought too, that I may not have the points, but right at the end it says that points from AFA can be included. I'm ahtree there, and have got 24 points. I hope that's okay?

Yes, I am sure that will be fine artree, I hosted a Moley swap and we had a player who used her iTraders from AFA to join the swap.

Thanks Flashviv.

I've been looking through other moley threads to get a better understanding, and was thinking of simply placing an order right away. But then when I went to Amazon, I remembered why I wanted my husband to get me one: because if there was going to be something wrong with it, he could buy me another. You see, Amazon has this confusing disparity in the prices of the moleys, though all of them are supposed to be the same. Why? And then they sell USED moleys that start at a higher price than the new?? What should I do? If I get the cheapest new moley, will that be because there's something wrong with it? Maybe someone here could advise.

Rhode Island, USA; No, it's NOT in New York...

artree, I don't know how cheap you will find one, (everywhere I looked online was about the same 10-12 dollar range) If you want to be safe, here is the ACTUAL Moleskine.com site page for the book:
    http://www.moleskines.com/klmb718.html

Thanks, Dina. At least there's no confusion about the product's pricing at this site. At Amazon, the prices started at $3.25 and went up to $41 for the new ones, and the used ones, which I don't know how they can now be re-used, started at $6 and went up to $21. Okay, so they were being shipped from different places, but still both the extreme prices quoted for the new moleys were from sellers in the same country. Baffling.

wow artree, that is super confusing, I order my moleys through an art supply shop, but they are all usually around the same price ($15 in Australia) no matter where I get them from, and I too am baffled by how you would buy a second hand one, maybe you get some really great artwork already in it (or not)

Blog Entries

Amazon is really weird that way... But, Amazon lists items and then all the prices below the items are from different companies and persons selling that item... so, it isn't that Amazon has a strange inventory of different moleskines, they just give you a list of different people who have that item for sale. I can find books on Amazon to buy that are listed for 99 cents to $3.00 sometimes and yet other stores sell them for $30... why? I don't know... but I've never had an issue with the cheaper ones... although, you gotta watch out because the s/h costs vary greatly between people as well. You might get a book for $3 but the shipping is $25... BLAH! But that's just my limited personal experience with Amazon
    "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.
    It's jolted by every pebble on the road." - Henry Ward Beecher

Crafty-Geeks || Etsy || Tumblr || DeviantArt

I put a moley in my shopping cart and then let it sit a while. The price fluctuates up and down, and when I see it down I nab several!

http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Japa...2525621&sr=8-1
    Oh! You pretty things!
    Don't you know you're driving your mothers and fathers insane?

Blog Entries

You could add me to Group 3 since there seems to be more people signed up for that one. How many people do you need to start one? Can anyone start it?
    Visit my Blog!

Blog Entries

8 people are needed and yep, anyone can just go ahead if they have the iTraders - which you do!

Will add you to group 3. If you want to go ahead and make it official and start a group, go for it. Just open a new thread.
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

Princessgene, I hope you start the new group!
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

Secret HALLOWEEN Swap! You know you want to play!

the MANDALA Swap!
    Jump on in the Urban Sketchbook MMH thread!

My Instagram

I would like to start a group. I was looking at some of the pages that have been done for different books and they are so interesting and beautiful. It's a really interesting idea. I've just never participated in something like this, so not sure of how it all works. I just had a question on the book. How many pages are in each book? Do you also decorate the other side of the accordion style pages? How many pages do each artist illustrate? I know you said you had to have 8 people participating, but what if you don't get 8 people? Do you wait until you have all the people before you officially start the swap with due dates?
    Visit my Blog!

I'm in a moley exchange over on afa and we have 10 in the group and each artist does 3 pages in each book. I'm in an exchange here and there are 8 artists and we each do between 3.5-4 panels. We do not decorate the back side of the panels, but sometimes the artist writes something there, to identify who did the art, or tell the story behind it, or whatever they want. If you go to one of the threads of an existing exchange you can glance thru and get an idea of how it works. Each artist chooses a theme for their own moley, being as specific as you choose. Or leaving it to artist's choice. Some people paint their covers before the exchange, and some wait until they get their book back so the cover is more clean that way! I like mine to look lived in so I do it first. It seems that these usually fill up rather quickly, so if you started the thread you'd most likely get two more people in no time. The G7 group is the one i'm in here, you can see many more details on that thread.
    You can call me Cat or Cathy

I love to trade

Secret HALLOWEEN Swap! You know you want to play!

the MANDALA Swap!
    Jump on in the Urban Sketchbook MMH thread!

My Instagram

Blog Entries

I keep saying that I shouldn't join a moley because of the money and whatnot... but seeing all the amazing Moleskines in the gallery really makes me want to!!!

Amerasu, or anyone in Canada, can you tell me around how much it costs you per book to mail out to the US and to elsewhere?
    "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.
    It's jolted by every pebble on the road." - Henry Ward Beecher

Crafty-Geeks || Etsy || Tumblr || DeviantArt

Just a thought, when someone from this group starts a group, can the names from here be put in at the start because I missed out on the previous ones?
    Elaine

Tlouey, it's usually around $6-7 to mail air to the states. That is with no tracking - that costs double. I've been doing two moley groups at AFA and nothing has ever been lost in the mail. However some people tend to make very chunky heavy books with dangling things and they get very heavy and can be pricey to mail, especially international.

Sal, I'd love to be in that group 3, who is going to do the honours of hosting?

I would join group 2 or group 3

Blog Entries

Oh yay, I'll update the lists

Jules - doesn't matter to me who hosts. Anyone who volunteers can!
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

+ Reply to Thread