what about comics? One of my absolute faves is Neil Gaiman's Sandman. It used to be a comic book but is now sold as a book series. Would that count?
NEW FORMAT: Pick A Theme
# of players: 30 (6 Groups of 5)
Sign up: When all spots are filled.
Cards due by: New Deadline - January 18, 2008
Mediums: Hand drawn: painted and mixed media. Originals only.
1. Sign up for no more than 3 groups and choose a theme for each one.
2. Once you sign up you can’t withdraw, as some artists start their cards immediately.
3. Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme; you then receive 4 cards of your chosen theme in return.
4. Make sure that your user name, who you made the card for and the group number are on the back of each card.
5. Please include a self addressed stamped envelope for your returns if you are in the US. International members, I will cover the postage but please include a self addressed envelope for your returns.
6. Send me a Private Message when you're ready to send your cards and I'll send you my mailing address.
As this is a swap where you make cards for each person please ensure you DO NOT over-commit yourself.
Blue = Rec'd, * = Feedback Left
Group 1: FULL
1. ArtyIaGirl - Stardust by Neil Gaiman & Charles Vess
2. Amerasu - Sandman by Neil Gaiman
3. Klawzie - WITHDRAWN
4. Judithian - The Black Orchid by Dave McKean http://www.amazon.com/Black-Orchid-D.../dp/0930289552 http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1598
5. Canuckdesz* - Sandman by Neil Gaiman
1. Klawzie: Card Captor Sakura WITHDRAWN
2. Dina54: since I have 9 cards with Hellboy himself on them, I would like to request any OTHER character -Bad guys especially welcome.
3. Chronata: Hellblazer
4. ArtyIAgirl: Death (see thread)
Last edited by artyiagirl; 01-17-2008 at 11:52 PM.
That's funny, I was thinking of doing this as a PAT, but was afraid that people might be overwhelmed by the committment.
This could be a really great PAT. I could change it, if folks are more interested in doing this as a PAT . . .
I'm not committing yet...
But is manga acceptable too?
The only comics I am a really deep fan of are the Sandman and Batman comic universes... Kabuki is pretty... So that's three series that are not manga - which would certainly be enough to do this swap for if I threw my hat in the ring...
I am really interested! But I have to keep commitments down, I just had to withdraw from three swaps And I hated to do it. This has a due date into the future though, so I will make efforts to try and sign up for this a little later.
Awesome idea! And a PAT sometime for this theme would be awesome also
All right... I shouldn't officially join until I finish one of my other swaps first (I made myself a promise)... >_> But I will anyway. I'll understand why I broke my promise to me. XD
So you can add me and Amerasu and we'll try to dance on EQ's head until she joins as well.
(Now I need to figure out which manga I want to do. I think I'll have to do Yue from Card Captor Sakura. So you can count on at least one winged bishonen in the set. ;D )
Okay, from one Geek to another add me in (even if I haven't finished my other swaps yet - December is a long way off - right?).
Although I have no idea what a PAT is (guess I'm still a newbie). Does this involve having to create a ton of cards at one time?????
I think I'll do the 'Black Orchid' or 'The Lonely Ones' and maybe even some 'Sandman' (Sal - Sandman is still my favorite all time comic - I have all 77 issues plus the 'Death speaks on condoms' one - I just love Neil)! Or maybe even some classic 'Thing' or 'Camelot 4000'.
Okay, before I sound like a very nerdy geek, I'll quit listing and just say, 'YES' I'd love to join!
Never paint your masterpiece under artificial light. . . . Chrissie Hynde
Judithian - so glad to have you on board. Thanks for joining!
RE: the PAT (Pick a theme) vs. standard swap -- I decided to keep this as a regular swap for now that way folks can do an easy committment of 2 cards if they wish. Then, when things are more chill for everyone, I can maybe host a PAT on this theme - which I think would be super fun.
Judithian - PATs are super fun. An example would be - you join a group of 5 folks. Each person picks a theme and then each person in the group makes a card in that theme for all the other members of the group - So 4 cards in total. I'm new too - so I hope I explained it well!
I would love to join....I am crazy about Lenore!!!!
Here are a couple of cards for the swap.
Lenore is from the story The possum king. Lenore is preparing for battle with the possum king. She is victorious of course.
Delerium is from the Sandman stories.
So, join up - only two cards to play. AND, you don't even have to have them done until December!!!
Last edited by artyiagirl; 06-04-2008 at 01:19 AM.
I bet there are more of you out there who really, really want to join. If you are interested, but are worried about the due date, weigh in here. I'd be happy to push this back.
I'm also willing to turn this into a PAT if that makes it more appealling for folks. Just say the word!!