IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quilt Squares: Traders List for Personal Swaps

TheeCoyote Guest

Cool Quilt Squares: Traders List for Personal Swaps

Using the same template as for the Journal trading.

This thread is for setting up PERSONAL swaps with other members for quilt square trades.

Quilt squares can be any size as set by the recipient.

If you want to trade with someone, please send them a Private Message. Don't arrange trades on this thread! This thread is for signing in as a trader and listing your criteria.

Attaching images of, or linking to, finished quilt squares in your desired theme would be real nice and helpful.

Here is the trading template.
    Copy and Paste this to make your list:

1: THEME:
    2: DO'S:
    3. DON'TS:
    4: LOCATION FOR MAILING:
    5: SIZE:
    6. MEDIUM:
    7: COMMENTS: (also include images/examples here if you have them)
    Last edited by TheeCoyote; 06-05-2009 at 03:20 AM.

TheeCoyote Guest

I will start

1: THEME: Coyotes

2: DO'S: Stylized or ethnic is preferred, but realistic is good too with a caveat--see don'ts. Use a stabilizer.

3. DON'TS: Use pre-printed, commercial fabric images. No batting or backing except stabilizer. Nothing cutsey.

4: LOCATION FOR MAILING: Montana USA

5: SIZE: (8.5 x 8.5) or (9 x 9) inches. I will be adding sashing so I can combine either size. Don't add seam allowance to these sizes.

6. MEDIUM: Fabric--duh. Embroidery, beads, sequins, etc that enhance and add interest and are appropriate to the theme and design. Hand or machine or combo. Some hand painted (with fabric mediums) or dyed elements acceptable too.

7: COMMENTS: This will be an art quilt and will only be gently washed by hand when it gets dusty.

Myself, I need about a month to get an average square done. And I do primarily handwork and appliqué, JSYK.
    Sometimes I just want to make something on someone's theme, and if they aren't up for a trade I don't mind if I don't get a square in return. These would be Pay it forward situations.
    Last edited by TheeCoyote; 06-05-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Theme: Trees (with some swirls if possible)

Do's: Make lovely tree squares in Blue, Green, and Purple Fabrics. Use batiks or hand-dyed fabrics. Use a stabilizer.

Don't: Use hideous printed fabrics for children, those are just cheezy. Unless they are subtly swirly, lol!

Location for Mailing: Michigan as of July 15th

Size: 8.5 x 8.5) or (9 x 9) inches. I will be adding sashing so I can combine either size. Don't add seam allowance to these sizes.

Medium: Fabric - these will get added to my in-progress tree quilt, which will be a functional art quilt! So you can add some beads, buttons, hand-painted (fabric paint) or dyed stuff too.

I take a long time on squares also, so give me some space and time to get them done, lol! Also, I am moving in July, so my sewing stuff is getting packed away pretty soon. But I'm good for the trades, so I'll get them done after I move. Thanks!
    Last edited by adriayna; 06-07-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    www.tarotoftrees.com -My Tree-themed Tarot Deck- Available Now!

I've moved to Michigan! Please PM me for my new address.

Blog Entries

1: THEME: Orange Flowers with Green Leaves
    2: DO'S: Make pretty flowers. Hand quilted or machined, I'm easy.
    3. DON'TS: I don't really have any!
    4: LOCATION FOR MAILING: Canada
    5: SIZE: 8.5 x 8.5 or 9 x 9 (quilt squares will be sewn at 8 x 8)
    6. MEDIUM: Fabric, beads, buttons, whatever. This quilt will not be used, it's just for show. Any washing will be done gently by hand and then hung to dry so no worries about adding beads and bits.
    7: COMMENTS: I need time to make fabric squares so no fast turn-around trades for me. Open to trade in mid-July 2009. Feel free to PM me now though, as long as you don't mind waiting til the summer

Here's a pic of the pieces I have traded for so far so you can see what others have done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quilt.jpg  
    || Facebook || Store || Instagram || Blog || Etsy ||

TheeCoyote Guest

Quote Originally Posted by adriayna View Post
    Theme: Trees (with some swirls if possible)

Do's: Make lovely tree squares in Blue, Green, and Purple Fabrics. Use batiks or hand-dyed fabrics. Use a stabilizer.

Don't: Use hideous printed fabrics for children, those are just cheezy. Unless they are subtly swirly, lol!

Location for Mailing: Michigan as of July 15th

Size: 8.5 x 8.5) or (9 x 9) inches. I will be adding sashing so I can combine either size. Don't add seam allowance to these sizes.

Medium: Fabric - these will get added to my in-progress tree quilt, which will be a functional art quilt! So you can add some beads, buttons, hand-painted (fabric paint) or dyed stuff too.

I take a long time on squares also, so give me some space and time to get them done, lol! Also, I am moving in July, so my sewing stuff is getting packed away pretty soon. But I'm good for the trades, so I'll get them done after I move. Thanks!
    I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full. I'm posting it here hoping you'll see it.

Been left undone for a long time, but I have finished your quilt square and would like to send it on to you. Can you forward me a mailing address?

Thank you
    Marjee [TheeCoyote]

TheeCoyote Guest

Bump?

Does anybody have contact with Adriayna they can pass this along to her?

Somebody?

I emptied out my inbox
    www.tarotoftrees.com -My Tree-themed Tarot Deck- Available Now!

I've moved to Michigan! Please PM me for my new address.

+ Reply to Thread