IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wanna help get my talented kids into ATC's???

In the middle of Canada - Manitoba to be exact

Aww, Tablynn that's cute!

Shelli, cats seem to like being carried in things ar at least hide in them. My cat Toffee likes to hide in bags, and getting a ride in them

Well, I'm glad its ok. I rather liked it It was fun. Looking at his themes, the idea just sort of smacked me. Not yet sure what I'll do for Noah. Still brainstorming.
    Fantastical Dragons II Coloring Book available at Amazon
    Tab - tabithaladin.com - Facebook Fanpage - Amazon.com - Lulu.com - Zazzle.com

Here's one for Noah. Went with the gothic horror theme. Kinda old school. If this one is ok for Noah then I'll mail these off next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TLLATC0694.jpg  

Wonderful, wonderful! He'll love it and I do, too. Thank you so much for your beautiful art.

Shel
    eMail | website

I've been adding work to my AVAILABLE gallery. It's specifically for you folks who are making art for my sons, and will be doled out on a first-come, first-served basis; I've already been contacted so if you like something please PM me before it goes!

Thanks again for helping out with this. Their albums arrived yesterday as well as a few cards for them that I bought on Etsy, so things are coming together already. Very exciting!

Shel
    eMail | website

You should post a pic of the finished albums. Would be fun to see!

I'll do just that! Great idea.

Shel
    eMail | website

Busoni Guest

I've just joined this site. . .but I'd love to start out by participating in this, if it's alright with you. ^^

My kids will PEE from unrestrained happiness, Busoni, if you make them cards; your style is right up their alley. Please, yes, do join in... and thank you!!!

Shel
    eMail | website

Busoni Guest

Great, I'll get started asap :]
    ( btw, you said your older son likes Miyazaki films, as in Studio Ghibli, right? If so, are there any he likes in particular? ) I spotted the list of bands the younger one likes, so I think I have an idea for that one. x3

I think we own: Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away, and I know the guys have seen Princess Mononoke (that weird, red-wormy creature thing still haunts my nights.) I think they've seen Castle in the Sky, too; is that the one with the flying castle-in-the-clouds with all the rooty tendrils hanging down beneath? If I saw it, or parts of it, they surely did!

Of those, Toby is probably most enamored of Spirited Away. Both boys pretend to be that "uh... uh... uh" black-hooded spirit sometimes; the one with the cupped hands. And the huge-headed witch lady -- her name escapes me -- is a hoot.

Does that help??

Thanks!

Shel
    eMail | website

Busoni Guest

Spirited Away is one of my absolute favourites, as well; I'll have to draw something based on that. Thanks a bunch, that helps a lot! ^^

Blog Entries

This is such a neat idea!! I would love to make some art cards for this... but i don't know if my style lends to any of their interests. I'll see what I can come up with before I confirm
    "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.
    It's jolted by every pebble on the road." - Henry Ward Beecher

Crafty-Geeks || Etsy || Tumblr || DeviantArt

Wow, thank you! I think your work is beautiful but I know themes can be a hangup sometimes. I appreciate your considering this; please let me know if you're a "go"!

Shel
    eMail | website

Does Noah read? What books? Cos i'm reading the Demonata ones atm and they are seriously creepy and gory and I'd like to draw something from them - definitely come under dark, gothic, horror!

i'm thinking I might try a warrior girl for the older boy. But does he read?

Kat

Toby and Noah both read voraciously. They're both honor roll students taking advanced classes and they get mostly A's. In fact, Toby in particular reads so much I have to yell at him to "Put the book down!" Here's a picture of him in Europe; we were walking the 30-minute uphill path to castle Neuschwanstein in Munich, Germany, and he was walking it blind because he just couldn't stop reading!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TobyReadingWEB.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	2867

Toby tends to favor books in the Warhammer series; yes, they have books, too. Fairly fat ol' novels, actually, that clock in over 1000 pages each. That, or the occasional Japanase graphic novel type, anime book.

Noah's current reading obsession is that series of vampire books that everyone's talking about; he's finishing up TWILIGHT, by Stephenie Meyer. Book synopsis here.

He's also very fond of Clive Barker's work; ABARAT comes to mind immediately and I think he also read THE THIEF OF ALWAYS.

Thank you for inquiring!!! Let me know what I can make for you; I know you have specific tastes and I'd love the challenge of accommodating them!

Shel
    eMail | website

I've read "Twilight" and wasn't impressed. I don't think there's anything I wish to draw from them... Abarat on the other hand! I ADORED.

Kat

Hi Shel,
    my 16 yo daugter like to do ATC´s. She made some "cats" and one "dark theme" a few day ago... Are you interested? I can show the pics in my gallery, or mail it...

Say, Shel, did my cards arrive yet? Its been a while since I sent 'em.

I'm such a butt; I've been revamping my website and blog with 100% redecorations, along with trying to reenter the bear industry after a one year sabbatical, and haven't even checked this thread lately, or taken care of followup.

YES, Tab, your cards arrived! They are incredible and I owe you feedback; what a putz I am. (sheepish) My apologies for admiring them, drooling over them, and then sticking them into each son's album and putting them back in hiding until Christmas, after which I forgot about them completely because nothing else has rolled in. I suck.

I'm so sorry! My bad, I'm human. Please forgive.

Lepidodendron... to you, too, my apologies for not checking in sooner. Yes, please show me what yoru daughter made! I'd love to see...

(Shelli readjusts priorities, realizing that asking for favors means paying attention on her end!!)

Shel
    eMail | website

+ Reply to Thread