IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

nicci

Fine Art Valentines 2012 - Call to Artists

Rate this Entry
It's that time of year again! I host a yearly swap of Fine Art Valentinesólittle 4x4 inch prints. Any printmaking technique welcome, even hand carved stamps!

What is FAV?
This swap is a 4x4inch art swap. Ideally, the papers will be heavy fine or fine art papers, from mulberry to heavy watercolor paper. Please use quality materials! The images should be hand stamped, screened, etched, relief printed, etc. Anything goes as long as it's traditional hand done printmaking. Use at least one color other than black and white. You may hand color if you wish, or alter your prints by hand (paint, pencil, watercolor, collage, emboss, etc). You choose the number you would like to send, minimum: 3, maximum: 20. More if we have enough sign ups by March 1. Extra prints will be returned to you if people drop out.

Your paper should be 4x4 inches, and your image can be 2x2 or slightly larger. Please leave room for framing. You send as many as you want of an edition or series of EV (edition varied, individuals). Please be sure to date, sign, and number.

You send:

+ Edition of signed and numbered prints (3, 20, or anything in between) Deadline: in my hands MARCH 14, 2012.

+ ... in a 6x9 bubble mailer. (Do not use the paper pulp ones that release paper dust when you open them.) I will reuse your envelope to send back your returns.

+ A large sticky address label with your return address on it.

+ $2 US for returns, $3 for Canada, $5 abroad. Paypal accepted. (nicci (at) evematrix dot com).

You receive:

+ A wonderful number of valentine-y prints back equal to the # you sent.

+ I will compile a website of these images on evematrix.com or my blog at a future date, when I do a re-design.**

I hope to see some awesome work from you for this swap! I know you'll love the returns. My deadline for sending is 14 March 2012. Please send as early as possible. Returns will go about a week later. Stragglers will be submitted back RTS and not included in the swap. If all goes according to plan, you'll have a lovely valentines mail day just before April hits.

**by submitting to this swap you acknowledge your work may be displayed in an online gallery on evematrix.com or my blog. Credit will absolutely be given to you, and a link provided to your website/blog/shop if possible.

To sign up: e-mail me with your name, contact information (mailing addy & email), and I will add you to the list and send you my mailing address. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who may be interested! nicci (at) evematrix (dot) com. xox
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments