IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Idea Books

Do you keep a sketchbook separate from your art journal? Something to keep ideas in, jot notes, lists, short poetry, or cool art/blog urls/etc you see in magazines? I do. It's a gridded moleskine. I use it so much the binding broke, and I had to re-glue in the text block. That was bracing. I wasn't sure the cover would take it.

Do you sketch before you start major projects? Do you jot your ideas ...
    Tags: sketchbook Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. only dreaming

experimenting with fountain pen inks. uh, not my usual style, really, but i'm in two minds about it. not sure if its trash, or a beginning of something interesting.

thoughts?
    Tags: art, finished Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. lined

moleskine sketch page 3.5 by 5.5inches, india ink, japanese dip pen with photo reference

trying to evoke mood with lines. it was fun
    Tags: art, finished Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sketchbook Signatures

The mini journal signatures keep multiplying. Help meeee. drowning in theeeem. Actually, I sit here making them after work, while watching tv. It's pretty funny trying to get the paint to look a little streaky and weathered without being blotchy, especially if a good scene comes up in a show and I get distracted for more than 7 seconds.

When in doubt, stencil that mofo!

Tags: sketchbook Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. End of studies project : bracelet

Here's the final piece of the set: the bracelet. That's what I'll be graded on. It's all in sterling silver and the garnets are set in 18K yellow gold. I finished it yesterday so my studies are tecnically over. Kinda makes me sad, and it stresses me an aweful lot too.

Oxydized

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast