IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How much does fun cost?

I've been to see Eclipse twice. Today I spent way too much money in Build A Bear. But they had a grey wolf and I had to have it! I also spent way too much money in the art store buying paper. I'm learning printing/image transfer techniques. So far, I've made nothing but a big mess. I sure hope I don't mess up these gorgeous papers! Plus, they were expensive. I shouldn't sit here and worry about everything according to how much it costs, right? But let me say, when someone in your family ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. darlin' EVE

..would be the name of a boutique i own. if i ever open one.

having a little art block right now. everything i draw seems to come out weird. might be the fact that i recently cut a piece off my finger, but i'm not sure.
    Tags: art, finished Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What a lovely feature!

i really don't spend enough time over here at iATCs with all of you wonderful people . . . i miss it, and i need to really do better with spreading my attention around a little more. i've been busy with teaching, with art journaling, and with trying to write + revise some poetry to get manuscripts back out in the market. however, i'm hoping to make some time this summer to join a few swaps over here and get back into the swing of making ATCs more often. even over at A4A, i've been hosting more than ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The sun'll come out...tomorrow. Right? It will..right?

I just wanted to thank every one who's been posting encouragement on my blog. It means a lot. I am trying to write about something different than what's going on right now, but it's hard. I know that it'll get easier. I've been reading amazing articles in a Tao magazine a friend gave me. It's strange how things come to you just when you need them. A Buddhist teacher told me a long time ago that when there is something to learn, a teacher comes along--and not always a person. I believe that. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Just when you think it's safe to go back into the water..

Tracy has to have chemo.
    She is going to have bone pain, be sick, tired, and lose her hair.
    I can't stop crying for her.
    I wish I could go through it for her.
    This is precautionary. She has no cancer they said, but she still has to have this.

This all makes my heart hurt.

I haven't done any art. And I feel like I've been knocked backwards. I believe creating art is a healing process, I really do. And sometimes, in the darkest hours, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast