IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. End of studies project : bracelet

Here's the final piece of the set: the bracelet. That's what I'll be graded on. It's all in sterling silver and the garnets are set in 18K yellow gold. I finished it yesterday so my studies are tecnically over. Kinda makes me sad, and it stresses me an aweful lot too.

Oxydized

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Gel Pens Are Evil

Nothing annoys me more than reaching for a gel pen only to have it not write properly, or at all! As you can see from the image below, it sort of worked here.

I find that they're iffy on super glossy surfaces, iffy on matte surfaces, but love a semi-matte surface just fine. Why, why must an acrylic painting always wish for gel pen, only to have it work some of the time? Gellyroll pens, you are ...
    Tags: pens Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mini Sketchbook Signatures

Since I just finished a small body of work for a show, and I'm between major projects, I decided to work on some mini colorful signatures for eventually binding together into a sketchbook with crazy handmade covers.

What makes them so awesome is multiple layers so the pages are really tactile as well as brightly colored. I've used this technique a lot lately in altered books/journal/sketchbook swaps.

Updated 05-12-2010 at 06:07 AM by nicci (swapped image)

Tags: sketchbook Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Patience is a Virtue!!!

We bought our first home last month and I am working on getting it ready for tenants... SAY WHAT!?!?! Yeah, so, we are living for free in my mom's house while she and her husband are in Mexico for another year for his work. SO, we figured we'd rent our home out before moving in so that we can have another year to save up money for our emptied savings account and for putting down on the house to try to pay it off a little more quickly than TWENTY FIVE YEARS, haha...

Anyway, so sad, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Watercolor Crack

Hello, my name is Eraserqueen and I am addicted to watercolor.

I wanna paint like these people SO BADLY.

Thomas W. Schaller: http://www.twschaller.com/

Attachment 7648 Attachment 7649

John Lovett: http://www.johnlovett.com/msuntn.htm

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast