IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Vacation

just wanted to paint something light

watercolors

crits welcome!

i really want to try selling some small pieces of art online (like these) but I don't really want to go through a third party like ebay or etsy (darn fees!) cause i'm not really confident that i'll be able to sell enough to cover them fees. would a blogshop be a reasonable alternative> ...

Updated 05-23-2010 at 10:51 AM by arekanderina

Tags: art, finished Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Revolution Gets Its Name By Always Coming Back Around In Your Face

Another iATC user, arekanderina, wrote a blog entry about how it all started -- what inspired her to draw for the first time, and then how her art has progressed, and been stalled, since.

I've been encouraged to make art since I was small, mostly by my mother, and at school. Art and drama were required courses until high school. I started out as a finger-painter, and by the time I made it through grade K, all of my clothing was paint stained. Every piece. I came home with paint on ...
    Tags: patterns Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Eek! Another Blog!

I'll have to find something significant, or at least mildly interesting, to write about. For now I just wanted to put something up to show that I'm here and paying attention.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How it all started

So I just wanted to document this down, just in case I forget, many years from now.

How I started drawing

I'm sure everyone started seriously somewhere. For me, it was sometime in my second form (8th grade) in secondary school.

I sat in front of a girl name Stephanie, who at that time was really into anime and manga. Whenever I turned around to ask her a question or something, she'd always be sketching something. To be honest, I was awafully jealous, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. When Gesso Attacks + Influence

The material I use most often in my studio is gesso. It goes on everything, and sometimes it goes on things that would rather it didn't -- like the time Momo (a puppy) decided to jam his nose onto my lap when I was painting. He spent a good part of the day with a white splotch on his sniffer.

In the case of this piece, I scraped a minimal layer of gesso atop some acrylic and paper, and I fully ...

Updated 05-20-2010 at 06:42 AM by nicci

Tags: process Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast