IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

Blog Comments

1. sabrinalouisemiller -
    That is pretty cool! Congrats!
  2. HeavenPhoenix -
    Awesome!! Maybe we could make a MCR trade some day (if you ever want to, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by grrrdjules
    How cool is that???!!!! I am also a huge fan.
  3. grrrdjules -
    How cool is that???!!!! I am also a huge fan.
  4. HeavenPhoenix -
    LOL It only means that you can achieve ANYTHING you want to achieve if you want it strong enough!

And that tweet's gonna be framed for sure lol
  5. Cindyjob -
    Holy Smokes you are officially too cool for the likes of me now! That is awesome that he used Twitter to thank you.
  6. Amerasu -
    WOW, how awesome for you!! That's fantastic!!!
  7. acalla -
    Awesome...
    I hearted you

I just opened one too!
    http://www.kisbit.etsy.com
  8. HeavenPhoenix -
    Ooops, forgot to put it in the post XD It's http://www.etsy.com/people/AudreyBoudreault
  9. -
    what's your shop's url? i searched for heavenphoenix and didn't find it.
  10. Lucie -
    WOW Audrey ! Tu crée de magnifiques colliers, tu m'impressionnes beaucoup. Est-ce que tu les vends ? Ce sont des pièces uniques vraiment très belles.
  11. Amerasu -
    Have a good time!
  12. HeavenPhoenix -
    Lol my "studio" may stand in three boxes, but I have a real hard time keeping everything else I own in such tiny spaces! I'm a total mess XD

If you still have some of your dad's tools, I think you could totally buy a book such as The Complete Metalsmith and experiment by yourself, if you ever feel like doing so. Besides the torch, you'd only need a saw, some files and maybe a churn or rotary tool with some brushes to polish a bit. Oh and some acid to clean up your metal after heating/brazing (in french we call it "déroché", I can't find what it is in english...) I think you could do some pretty neat things!
  13. HeavenPhoenix -
    I studied at the jewelry school of Montréal and it was AWESOME =) I know someone who attended workshops in the States too, but I don't know where... But if you take classes, you'll be addicted, I tell you! lol The possibilities are endless...

Quote Originally Posted by nicci
    wow. how cool are those rings, and how cool are those pins going to be? <3 skeletal stuff. i'm so happy you posted not only your sketches, but also the pieces finished... so where did you learn metals? my father was a jeweler. i have wanted to take classes for years, but have no idea where to start.
  14. themuppet -
    OH MY GOD I love those burtonesque rings so much.. SO much!
  15. reneenault -
    Those bird skeletons are looking so cool!!
    Updated 05-29-2010 at 02:59 AM by reneenault (drunk, can't spell)
  16. nicci -
    HP: It seems that a lot of us find ATCs just when we need them, and then they become an addiction of epic proportions. I'm really interested in seeing more of your jewelry. I've learned to weld, and I poured bronze once, but I've never made any jewelry... which seems silly now, since my father was a jeweler, and my mother was, briefly, a diamond setter. I've made some beaded jewelry, but it's not the same!

I kind of wish I could compartmentalize my art supplies into three boxes. My studio... omg. It's overwhelming most days, so i sit down and make ATCs when I could be doing large paintings, because there's only enough space clear to work on something tiny. I'm trying to clean it in honor of spring. Help meeeeeeeeeee. lol

Not many places around here offer jewelry, and the summer course offered by a University in driving distance always has a wait list way in advance. One day, though... one day. =)
  17. nicci -
    wow. how cool are those rings, and how cool are those pins going to be? <3 skeletal stuff. i'm so happy you posted not only your sketches, but also the pieces finished... so where did you learn metals? my father was a jeweler. i have wanted to take classes for years, but have no idea where to start.
  18. sabrinalouisemiller -
    This is great! It looks exactly like your sketches do - I'm so impressed that you could translate the 2-D into 3-D using metal. And the box that it is kept in is such a fantastic touch. Details make everything better.
  19. flashviv -
    beautiful jewellery, love the necklace, you have really made some special pieces here,
  20. Amerasu -
    Wow, cool!! And very unique!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast