IllustratedATCs.com Artist Trading Cards - ATCs for Artists

View RSS Feed

nicci

1. Idea Books

Do you keep a sketchbook separate from your art journal? Something to keep ideas in, jot notes, lists, short poetry, or cool art/blog urls/etc you see in magazines? I do. It's a gridded moleskine. I use it so much the binding broke, and I had to re-glue in the text block. That was bracing. I wasn't sure the cover would take it.

Do you sketch before you start major projects? Do you jot your ideas ...
    Tags: sketchbook Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sketchbook Signatures

The mini journal signatures keep multiplying. Help meeee. drowning in theeeem. Actually, I sit here making them after work, while watching tv. It's pretty funny trying to get the paint to look a little streaky and weathered without being blotchy, especially if a good scene comes up in a show and I get distracted for more than 7 seconds.

When in doubt, stencil that mofo!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mini Sketchbook Signatures

Since I just finished a small body of work for a show, and I'm between major projects, I decided to work on some mini colorful signatures for eventually binding together into a sketchbook with crazy handmade covers.

What makes them so awesome is multiple layers so the pages are really tactile as well as brightly colored. I've used this technique a lot lately in altered books/journal/sketchbook swaps.

Updated 05-12-2010 at 06:07 AM by nicci (swapped image)

Categories
    Uncategorized