PDA

View Full Version : Inchie Traders?

kre
10-01-2016, 12:55 PM
My sister just got me a mini album for my inchies, (I think it was a coin album or something originally) to store my inchies in that I can flick though, which I love lol.

Is there anyone else who would like to trade/swap inchies? I only have about 1 and a half pages so far and there's like 10 pages, 20 using the backs too :)

I don't have a set theme but I was thinking I could list a number of themes (a max of 10 maybe) that I would like and anyone wanting to swap with me would do the same and we just pick themes at random so it's a bit of a surprise?

If there's a better way though I'm open to suggestions :D also I'm not sure how may you swap for at a time, is it 3/3 or 6/6 or something else?

My themes -
Candylands
Other colourful landscapes
Monochrome
Rainbows
Flowers
Insects - like ladybugs, butterflies colourful caterpillars etc
Sun, moon and stars
Mushroom and other tiny houses
Limited colour palles - like red, black and white or brown,teal, gold etc
Halloween

Trades
- tea 6:6 - posted
- noodle 6:6 - all inked ready for colour
- . . .

Rosecake
10-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Kre, I love inchies. My plate is full right now, but on down the line I'd love to trade. You can trade any number you like . I've seen people even do just 2:2, but the usual is 6:6.

TF Balding
10-02-2016, 03:02 AM
I'll trade inchies with you. :) 6:6 is usually what I've seen traded in the past, but I'm game for any number.

Here's what I collect:

•Food (sushi, candy, bacon, coffee, tea mostly, but I just love food in general so...)
•Kawaii things (animals, food ect...)
•Steampunk
•Things with Wings (wide open to interpretation)
•Bones & organs (skulls, ribs, hearts, lungs ect...)
•Sacred Hearts
•Sugar Skulls
•Halloween
•Zentangles
•Rainbows
•Monochromes

Let me know if any of that interests you.

kre
10-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Roscake - I'd love to trade, just pm whenever you want to trade :D and thanks for the info!

Tea - I'd love to trade would a 6:6 be ok then? I'll put my themes in the first post for easy reference :)

TF Balding
10-02-2016, 10:30 PM
6:6 is great! :) I'll get started.

Pabkins
10-03-2016, 02:34 AM
What are in inchies!? Sorry I'm still a newb to some of these terms.

TF Balding
10-03-2016, 03:29 AM
Inchies are tiny lil 1"x1" squares. They are really fun. :)

Pabkins
10-03-2016, 06:07 AM
OMG ....how can you even fit anything on there. I'll have to eventually slice up a few blanks and see exactly what i can possibly fit on one. So maybe I'll hit you guys back up in a few months...for now I drown...haha

TF Balding
10-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Lol!! Don't drown! We'd miss you! ;)

I usually get inchies out of my scraps from cutting atcs. There's always enough left over to get several. Usually I take a 2x3 piece & color/paint/whatever it as the background THEN cut them into 1x1s & add the focal bit. You don't fit a lot on them, but they are fun. :)

Pabkins
10-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Alright I need to see some examples of this missy. Admin admin add some sample photos for us uninformed untested newbies. To battle I say!!

kre
10-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Pabkins - there quite fun once you start making them :)

Tea - I've got yours inked already :D just need to paint them :painter:

TF Balding
10-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Ok Pabs, here's a link to a set Noodlerabbit posted recently:
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=54387

Kre---I plan to start yours tonight! :)

Pabkins
10-03-2016, 11:09 PM
I guess I'll have to look into one of those albums Kre

kre
10-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Pabs- I think they hold 120 inchies lol my sister says there really cheap too! She's only seen them in black, red , blue or green but you can totally personalise them easily, it's fun flicking through them seeing all the little art pieces!

Tea - great example! I love noodles inchies, she's got them down to a fine art :) here are mine for you :pencil:

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/614/15_image.jpeg

I think the skull and the bacon are my favs :)

TF Balding
10-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Squeeeee! Love them!!

I've never seen one of those books. What are they called? Where can I buy one?

Noodlerabbit88
10-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Well I can't resist a bit of flattery, not only am I open to trading with you Kre but anybody else on here want to trade too? I like to do all six in a set theme preferably but if your not a big fan let me know... Please pm for a trade since I don't always get notifications for posts...

My themes I collect:

Skulls, rabbits, pumpkins, legomen, monsters, giraffes, elephants, whimsey houses, unicorns, candy lands, sheep :D to name but a few!

Pabkins
10-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Kre! I'm an addict for collecting little things but first I must acquire this album you have for storing them. Do you have a link to where / what I can buy? I'd have to buy something and it be just all wrong and annoying lol.

I think Tea was curious too. Cause I have a big pile of blank inchies now...just itching for sketches lol.

KPinAK
10-11-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm interested in the link, too!

waughtercolors
10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Pabkins if you go back in the archives (third page) there was a swap from dec 2014 that will have some good examples of inchies. She has a pic of them all together at the end of the thread. I got some great returns from that swap. Pinterest is another good place to see examples, I have a board on there for inchies.

I would be interested in trading inchies as well, Kre and anyone else who is interested. My turn around time will be slower than I usually am because I am still making returns for Hannah's moley and I have secret santas to work on. So if you don't mind that I will definitely trade.

My themes: geisha ~ unicorns ~ castles (doesn't have to be the whole castle) or whimsical houses ~ anything related to tea ~ anything nature such as - animals, birds, flowers, mushrooms, trees ~ snowmen ~ monsters ~ or your own ideas, just no gore.

TF Balding
10-16-2016, 06:45 PM

My inchies for you, Kre! :)

Noodlerabbit88
10-16-2016, 07:12 PM
I've decided I need some of your inchies, I need moar inchies, always!!!

Pabkins
10-16-2016, 07:20 PM
I swear I feel like 1inch by 1inch is so tiny!! they look huge in the picture!! Its as tiny as my first part on my pinky SO SMALLL!!

kre
10-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Tea those are awesome! :prettyhearts:

Noodle - I'd love to trade I'll pm you, I even have uk stamps already lol :D

Sandy - I'd still love to trade with you, also do you have a link to your pintrest inchie board? I'd love a nosie at it :)

KPinAK and every one else interested in the link, I've asked my sister and she sent me this link -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120-Coin-Holders-Collection-Storage-Money-Penny-Pockets-Album-Book-Collecting-/322074793081?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275
This one is for postage in the uk, but I'm sure if you look on the us eBay it will be on there too :)

you can wipe the words straight off with some isopropanol or nail polish remover, (and it didn't leave any marks)to decorate it, the inches are a bit of a tight fit because of the top flaps, but they do fit an I love seeing all of them together :D

I would upload a pic but the pic manager thingie hates any file I try to attach :( so I'm off to update my list and pm noodle lol

Noodlerabbit88
10-24-2016, 07:44 PM
OMG Kre what a great find that is! Have just paid for one!!!!

Now I want more more more inchies!!!

I have just made TF Balding a set of Kawaii :D

Am working on yours Kre next, got some stupidly detailed candys - might take me a while to paint!

Still up to doing more!

Noodlerabbit88
10-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Candylands for Kre :)

waughtercolors
10-26-2016, 11:24 PM
Here is a link to my inchies board on Pinterest. (https://www.pinterest.com/waughtercolors/inchies/)

I am excited to make inchies, but have so many other obligations to fill first. Yikes. Maybe I can squeeze them in between things.

waughtercolors
10-26-2016, 11:35 PM
https://www.pinterest.com/waughtercolors/inchies/

Kre, I will be happy to trade with you, I have a lot of obligations on the to-do list right now. Can we make a deadline for the end of December? I may have them done before that but it won't be any later than that. Secret Santa has to come first and I need to move at warp nine to get it all done!

TF Balding
10-27-2016, 11:52 PM
I mailed today Kre! :)

KPinAK
10-29-2016, 04:09 AM
This looks like something that might be handy to store/display inchies. Has anyone tried one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AQSRDXC/ref=pd_sim_229_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QN26D6JX9DQFQZ8MDXHC

kre
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Tea - your inchies Rock I can't wit to get them :) I've posted out yours too

Noodle - I love them :D I've got yours all inked ready to colour gotta tidy/move around all the crap on my table before I can paint them lol Now that you've got the book ... you know your gonna have the same compulsion as me to fill it will lil pretties right? :laugh:

Sandy - your inchie board looks cool I'm off to have a nosie in a bit, and now worries about deadlines, December sounds fine, no pressure

KPinAK - I looked a those awhile ago but I could never find them in an A4 ring binder size. The book that my sister got me has those same pockets in but it's in a little book about the size of a mini photo album

Noodlerabbit88
11-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Yes I bought one book and filled it already! So have bought another haha! Now I want to trade inchies til the cows come home. Am also hosting two inchie swaps over on AFA and considering hosting one here too :D

TF Balding
11-28-2016, 01:46 AM
PastaBunny I just posted a dozen inchie WIPs on my FB page for ya... Hope ya like em. :) (now I'm off to start cooking a late supper for my starving lil fam while the ink dries! :eek: )

Noodlerabbit88
11-28-2016, 07:56 AM
Just seen them they are epic :D

kre
11-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Noodle I have yours, I made the with normal watercolour but I got some shin Han pass hybrids for my birthday and I decided to redo yours with the new paints

Has anyone else used them? I love them :)

TF Balding
12-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Just posted the colored inchies on my FB Noodle... Backing them & finishing their lil edges now. If all goes as planned I'll have your package in the mail this week. :)

catpratt
12-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Kre, I'd love to trade some inchies with you. I will do you 6:)

kjarting
01-25-2017, 02:18 PM
I am going to dive into these and try to get the hang of them before I commit to any trades. I have never made an inchie myself, but I absolutely love looking at them! I love this community, I learn so much and everyone is so helpful with advice and links.

waughtercolors
01-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Kre I haven't forgotten you, or you noodlerabbit. I have some painted, and some drawn out. Will be done soon!

waughtercolors
02-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Kre, I am ready to mail out, can you pm your address?

waughtercolors
02-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Here are my returns for noodlerabbit's inchies. I always have fun making inchies!
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_20170206_070646_resized_-_Edited.jpg

kre
02-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Here are my 1st 6 for Sandra :)
did anyone else ever have a rock 'n' flower daisy?

waughtercolors
02-08-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm loving them Kre! That daisy is rockin'! Love the geisha, they are all fantastic, really! whoot whoot