PDA

View Full Version : Insect Moley Gift for my Daughter?

waughtercolors
08-04-2015, 01:26 AM
DUE: August 20, 2016

I have a question, I would like to make a moley for my daughter with insects as a theme and was wondering how many people would be committed to making an entry over the next year?

My daughter Hannah, has graduated from high school and will be off to college to study entomology in the Fall. I would like to give her the moley as part of her graduation gift.

I would like to have each person make one (or more tips-ins) to fill a moleskine watercolor album moley.
The tip-in will be 5 1/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches. They can be either landscape or portrait, you don't have to leave a border. You will then mail me the tip-in and I will glue them into the moley.

For each tip-in you send me, I will make a couple of atcs, or a 4 x 6 watercolor.
I will take requests and fill them if I am capable. I can draw most things.

The theme will be insects with a background in your own art style.

I AM LEAVING YOUR INTERPRETATION WIDE OPEN. I AM HOPING FOR VARIETY.

Realistic, serious, whimsical, cartoonish, wearing clothes, full of patterns like a CindyD card, you choose as long as it looks like a insect.

Looking forward to swapping art with you all for this project, I think she would love an entomology moley.
She likes to draw like her mamma does, and has an appreciation for art.

I thought I would post a link of Hannah so you can see who you are painting for:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206525789166927&set=a.1915033398987.2095355.1336526132&type=3&theater

The beginning of the thread conversations are about shipping a moley but I have since decided to trade for tip-ins. So the directions above are accurate and up to date.

Artists

Kre:

DanielleMWilliams: Recevied ~ Dr. Who 4x6 awaiting acceptance Sent

catpratt: Received ~ mer-cat, mermaid or fairy 4x6, put in the mail system and postmarked. Sketched out, ready to paint. Sent

Tlouey: moley ~ pm about the moley 9/22/16

TFBalding: recieved Harley Quinn new movie character 4 x 6 Sending 11/9 or 11/10.

Rapa: Received Japan Moley as a return

Amerasu: Received 4x6 - Art Nouveau Comic Book Characters Sent

Drake22ice: received NR

DmyTLadybug: Received NR

Noodlerabbit: ATCs - Curiosity Cabinet/giraffes, miniature fairy town Sent (Third tip in ~ Elephant curiosity cabinet and castle) Sent

pnuemacia: received ATCs - Theme List Sent

CindyD: received curiosity cabinet with mini horses and bonsai, Fennec Fox in clothes. Sent

Wisteriavine: ATCs - Received Animals in Tudor clothing (drawn out two cards) Sent

Kosmicgirl: received birdboy atc and underwater tip in (size?) Sent

KPinAK: Received ~ Sheep ? Sent

Lemurkat Received ?

Juanita Rojas Received ~ Loteria cards (3) Sent

Rosecake Received ~ 1 Frieda Portrait 2 chick with scarf ~ Chick painted working on Frieda Sent

kre
08-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Would it be a watercolour moley people can paint in or is it one of the Japanese ones you have to use dry media for?
Also does it have to have a background or could it be like this?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/86/99/3c/86993ce0575e513bbff9d6120ff8d3b5.jpg

DanielleMWilliams
08-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm happy to help out Sandi! That sounds like an absolutely fabulous gift! Totally jealous ;)

waughtercolors
08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Kre, that butterfly idea would work. It will be a moley that people could do watercolors, acrylic, markers, colored pencil or pen and ink, etc in.

I want it to be wide open, there can be whimsical looking insects all the way to a seriously correct field page. It would be ideal if there were lots of different kinds of mediums, different styles, etc. Maybe insects from an artist's country that is unique to them that might not be here in the United States.

Thank you Danielle for volunteering, I will be ordering the moley soon and will let you know when I can send it.

I think I will start a list of artists so that I don't have to keep going through the thread later when mailing if I get a lot of people interested in helping.

kre
08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Cool, I'll be happy to make some pages in it :D

catpratt
08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
I would love to!

waughtercolors
08-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Thank you catpratt, I will add you to the list. Ordering the moley this week.

catpratt
08-04-2015, 01:10 PM
waughtercolors, did you consider the urban sketchbook? we're all loving the stock and the cover. you have yours right?

waughtercolors
08-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I do think that it has better paper, but I was hoping for more than 8 entries. I am afraid that some paint may bleed through and then you couldn't use the back side. Another thought I had was that there would be some blank pages in the moley so that in the future she could have friends and other artists add their entries as well.

I wish I knew more about the USK. Maybe it would be a better choice, you could open it, prop it up somewhere and use it as art decor.

catpratt
08-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Yes, very good point. If you did want to do it with the USK, you could do like folks do in decos which is I create my art and adhere to the existing panel. People use magazine stock and all sorts of odd papers that you might not want to create on so I often end up using the paper I want and pasting it on there.

waughtercolors
08-04-2015, 01:37 PM
That is a good point, I will think on it a bit, I love the idea of moleys but I find that actually Moley brand has a paper that is difficult for me to paint on with my watercolors. The color lifts easily and tends to get pushed around instead of layering nicely. Too bad the USK people don't have a moley sized book. I feel like the paper should be thick enough not to bleed through. Maybe I can get my front pages done in my book first and see what I think before I order Hannah's moley.

Tlouey
08-05-2015, 03:48 PM
I'd be down if I can find the tiiiiiime! Let me know :)

TF Balding
08-06-2015, 11:00 PM
I'd love to work in it if you'll have me. :) Love me some bugs...

waughtercolors
08-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Tlouey and TFB, I will gladly add you to the list of volunteers, I will send a PM when it comes around to your turn, it will be a while.

Rapa
08-08-2015, 04:15 PM
I would be happy to contribute in exchange for your art in my moley on Japan. Your daughter is gorgeous and what a wonderful present to give her!

Amerasu
08-08-2015, 05:26 PM
I could do a page for your daughter too, in field guide style. Sounds like a wonderful present for her :)

Drake22ice
08-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Count me in. I would be happy to add to the gift.. great idea.. She is lucky to have you as a mom.

ps.. remember I moved, so new addy

waughtercolors
08-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Rapa, I would love to do something in your Japan moley, you can send that anytime you like, I haven't got Hannah's moley yet but I can catch you for the return later on.

Amerasu, I am thrilled to have you, I have seen your bugs in the past and they would be perfect.

Drake22ice, hooray, glad you are in! She is a great kid, I'm the lucky one. PM me your new addy and I will change my address book now so I don't forget.

DmyTLadybug
08-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Your daughter is beautiful. Her facial features remind me of Audrey Hepburn. It's the way she's looking over her shoulder, too. I'd love to add to your book for her. She has to have a little ladybug!

waughtercolors
08-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Thank you DmyTLadbug! We are ladybug lovers in this house, I am thrilled to have you join in the adventure!

I have had a couple of people say that she looks like Audrey Hepburn. One of my favorite actresses! Thank you for the compliment.

DmyTLadybug
08-18-2015, 03:19 AM
You're very welcome! ;)

Drake22ice
06-09-2016, 05:12 AM
So I have not heard from this in a while.. should I just make a page and send it or are we passing around a moley.?

Kitten Heart
06-09-2016, 10:33 AM
I saw some great bug art the other day, and got really inspired - I'd love to do a page!

Rapa
06-10-2016, 06:14 AM
I was hoping to do a page also???

lemurkat
06-10-2016, 11:16 AM
I am kinda interested in participating, but I am always nervous with the postal system...

waughtercolors
06-10-2016, 11:26 AM
I know what you mean lemurkat, but I am willing to risk it. I really haven't had trouble with things getting lost.

I would love to get this started. I will get a moley and post when it arrives. Then we can get started.

pneumacia
06-14-2016, 01:04 PM
I would be willing to participate in this too!

I am kinda unclear on what exactly we're doing though - my understanding of a tipped-in page is that it's essentially a plate that is added to a book. Will we be making the images in the size you specify then sending to you to add to the book? Or, is the actual book sent around for participants to add their art to? The wording in some of the posts responding to the original have confused me, sorry!

Amerasu
06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Does your daughter have a favourite type of insect? Or will any do?

waughtercolors
06-14-2016, 10:20 PM
pneumacia, it does seem confusing because originally when I started this thread I had more time and I was going to ship a moley around. Then I was undecided about doing the project. Hannah has decided to pursue entomology so I am going to go head. Catpratt suggested tip-ins because shipping the moley takes so long and I want to give it to her in the fall when she goes off to college.

So now we are making a 5 1/4 by 3 1/4 tip-in. Which is like a large ATC. (I updated the instructions on the first page) I will put them in the book and I am going to make a list of the artists and where they are from on cards that will fit in the back pocket. She has artist friends who I hope will add to the book in the future and maybe even some of her new college friends who are artsy.

TF Balding
06-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Just checking in... So excited to get started on a tip in! :pencil:

waughtercolors
06-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Amerasu, she likes cicadas, praying mantis, dragonflies, beetles, stag horn beetle, fireflies, walking sticks, millipedes, katydid, scarab, bumble bee, just to name a few.

Hooray TF B, glad your here, let me know what you would like in return, I am making a list, I don't want to forget anyone.

Noodlerabbit88
06-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to subscribe to the thread - I am likely to make more than one, we shall see how this goes... I cut out three tips ins so who knows... you might have your work cut out in trades Sandra!!!

waughtercolors
06-17-2016, 10:17 AM
No problem Noodlerabbit! I am so excited about giving this to Hannah! I am happy to make art anytime I can, just wish I had more time in my day to make it. Mostly at night after work, dinner and dishes, lol. I would love to pack her moley full of art!

CindyD
06-17-2016, 01:43 PM
I am adding my name. I think I can manage some colorful beetles. Or might try a walking stick. :D

waughtercolors
06-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Hooray, hooray, hooray Cindy! I bet you would create an awesome walking stick! Your beetles would be cool with the patterns and colors like you do, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

When you get a chance let me know what you would like for your returns.

lemurkat
06-18-2016, 07:14 AM
My only concern is that your moley might end up awfully thick? Since most of us will be working on heavier grade than normal paper? (Mine is card).

waughtercolors
06-18-2016, 01:34 PM
That's a good point lemurkat, I have been thinking about your comment, maybe what I can to do is use two moleys and make it a two edition gift, If I put a tip in on every other page she will have blank pages for entries from other artists that she meets in college or later on in life. She will be able to keep adding to it by letting people draw or paint on the blank pages. I'm glad you brought that up, I hadn't thought about it.

Another thought is to make a hand bound book with all the tip-ins adhered to some really nice watercolor paper. That may be the route to go then all the artwork can be together. Hannah would appreciate it as well because she makes her own hand bound books, she even gives them to her friends.

KPinAK
06-18-2016, 03:50 PM
A handmade book sounds REALLY cool!!!! I've been unexcited to put my tipins in the book I have, and maybe that's the solution for me, too!! I do like how my tipin book is fan-folded, but it seems wimpy compared to the awesome, thick, bold tipins folks have made me.

waughtercolors
06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
I had an opportunity to take a book binding one day workshop about a month ago but I missed getting to go. I think that I will look into it again and see if they are offering another one before I need to put the book together. I think a hand bound book will be really special. I am getting very excited about this project now, it is going to be an outstanding book, KPinak.

Do you have experience KPinak with putting books together? If not there are some gorgeous ones on Etsy.

KPinAK
06-19-2016, 02:57 AM
No, I haven't made a book. Are you open to bribes? I mean trades? heehee

waughtercolors
06-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Hee hee, I have to practice before I start trading books. I watched some videos last night and it seems relatively easy. You can find how do anything on youtube.

Wysteriavine
06-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Your daughter sounds like an awesome person! :) I love creating art for other artists.

With that said, may I create a page? There are a couple of insects I have been wanting to attempt.

waughtercolors
06-19-2016, 02:46 PM
I would love for you to create a page Wysteriavine! Let me know what you would like in return, a 4x6 or two atcs for each tip-in you make, your choice of theme.

Wysteriavine
06-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Awesome Sandra! I knew I forgot something. I would love animals in fancy or Tudor era clothing. It's your choice if they are ATCs or 4x6, whatever you prefer. I will be delighted with either. :)

waughtercolors
06-20-2016, 06:15 PM
OK Wysteriavine, I love animals in Tudor clothing as well, that is right up my alley. I will put that on my list of returns.

waughtercolors
06-20-2016, 09:45 PM
DmyTLadybug kindly pointed out to me that I don't have an actual official due date, so I updated the front page and we now have a due date of August 20, 2016.

Noodlerabbit88
06-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Card is done and in the gallery (as you saw) but am including what will become my facebook page update for today which is the WIP :)

Noodlerabbit88
06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Having said that would you object to me posting it on my page if it's meant to be a gift?

KPinAK
06-20-2016, 11:23 PM
Here are the two I've made for the moley...

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/7726/small/48_image.jpeg http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/7726/small/47_image.jpeg

waughtercolors
06-20-2016, 11:43 PM
No objections Noodlerabbit, she rarely goes on FB. I never thought about it before but beetles do look like robots on the underside, Noodlerabbit.

DmyTLadybug
06-21-2016, 01:18 AM
I'm going to finish my cards for the Summer PAT. I want to get it done and cards out. After that I will probably start on Hannah's bugs. I definitely want to do some ladybugs maybe in field guide style and something else, maybe something obscure, who knows. But, as much as I love, love, love your work, please don't feel like you have to make anything in return for me. I'd just like to be a part of this wonderful gift.

waughtercolors
06-21-2016, 02:03 AM
That's kind of you DmyTLadybug, I certainly don't mind making art especially for my friends here on iATCs. I will honor what ever you wish. If you change your mind let me know. I have to finish my summer PAT too. I have to paint something glass, so I have been mulling on how I will achieve it. Glass is not easy!

DanielleMWilliams
06-21-2016, 06:03 PM
You're leggy creature is in the mail ;)

waughtercolors
06-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Hooray I will be on the lookout! Thank you Danielle!

catpratt
06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Here's a colorful bee tip in. I'll put in the mail tomorrow:)

CindyD
06-22-2016, 04:03 PM
So many cool bugs, wow!
I searched through lots of photos and settled on a close-up of a horsefly on a sunflower.
Most is sketched out so far, maybe do colored pencil.
:treehugger:

waughtercolors
06-23-2016, 01:03 AM
I love it catpratt! What a cool little guy! Can't wait to see it in person.

Your idea sounds perfect Cindy, I am looking forward to seeing what you decide on for a medium.

kosmicgirl
06-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Room for one more? Just realized I have no more open swaps!!!

waughtercolors
06-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Yes please kosmicgirl! I am making a returns list on the front page. Let me know what you would like, 2 atcs or a 4x6 your choice of themes for each tip in you make.

CindyD
06-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Did one!
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1568/large/1_Philoliche_with_text.jpg

Would you make my ATC a curiosity cabinet with tiny horse figurines and a bonsai in it?

EDIT: Oooooh, TWO atcs? That is nice! Fennec Fox in fancy clothes?
:lovemonster:

waughtercolors
06-24-2016, 02:43 AM
Sure thing Cindy, I will update my returns list and add your requests, thank you for making such a fabulous fly!

waughtercolors
06-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Cat, your insect came today! What a jewel! I took the insect stickers that you sent with your envelope and put them on the pocket in the back of the moley. Thank you.

catpratt
06-26-2016, 01:04 AM
I loved those stickers and thought perfect for your envelope:)

KPinAK
06-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Mailing your tipins Monday! (They're also your June monthly trade, in case that helps you keep track :-))

waughtercolors
06-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder KPinak, I still have to finish your June Match trade, found a bunch of sheep photos for reference the other day. I will watch for your artwork.

waughtercolors
06-27-2016, 11:54 PM
CindyD and pnuemacia have arrived today! Woo hoo the art is magnificent! I traders are in for both of you. I am working on returns it will take time but they will all get done.

:)

pneumacia
06-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Yay! Glad they arrived safely. No pressure on my returns! Take all the time you need. :>

catpratt
06-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Yes, here to, no need to rush. Take all the time you need:)

Rapa
06-28-2016, 08:11 PM
I've finished the two tip-ins for Hannah's moley. I put them in the night sky with planet/moon and stars. There's been a lot of lovely beetles so far, so I thought I would do this beetle a bit different with open-wings.

waughtercolors
06-28-2016, 11:56 PM
They are glorious, the moths and the moon are really mystical, and I love the strong red with the beetle and the silvery body parts! Awesome! Thank you so much.

waughtercolors
06-28-2016, 11:58 PM
Thank you pnuemacia and catpratt for your patience, this is a big undertaking, but will be well worth the look on Hannah's face!

KPinAK
06-29-2016, 04:36 AM
Cool bugs, Rapa!!

Noodlerabbit88
07-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Did a second card for you :) http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=53219 - I would like to do a third and if willing would request an Elephant plushy/toy cabinet and maybe a castle or something?

waughtercolors
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Your second card is wonderful Noodlerabbit! I will put the Elephant cabinet and castle on your request list. Thank you for making such awesome entries, this book might be full by the time fall rolls around!

Amerasu
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Hi Waughtercolors, I'm back from vacation and plan on making art this week. The only problem is, we might be having a postal strike here in Canada so I'm not sure when I can mail it. I'll make it and post it here anyway and will mail when they've finished their business :)

waughtercolors
07-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Ok Amerasu, Do your best, and we will hope your postal people play nice! I can always add it later if I need to give her the moley before the strike is over. Hope it all works out for your postal system. I would be so frustrated if I couldn't mail when I wanted to.

KPinAK
07-06-2016, 04:59 AM
"finished their business" is such a polite, Canadian way to put it. heehee

waughtercolors
07-13-2016, 02:51 AM
I have CindyD's returns finished! Two atcs, Fennec Fox in clothes and a Curiosity Cabinet with horses and bonsai.
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_fennec_fox_in_tam.jpghttp://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_horse_CC.jpg

Hope she likes them.

Rosecake
07-13-2016, 12:41 PM
I've so enjoyed seeing these tip-ins. Plans are to try one, but I'm not going to commit until I see how it goes. This is so sweet for you to do this for your daughter.

Noodlerabbit88
07-13-2016, 10:42 PM
I have done my third and probably final one :D Hope you like this one.

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=53261

DmyTLadybug
07-14-2016, 05:53 PM
I just put Hannah's Cicada in my gallery. I hope she'll like it.

waughtercolors
07-15-2016, 01:11 AM
I think she is going to love it! It is fantastic DmyTLadybug.

CindyD I am mailing out your cards tomorrow.

Wysteriavine I have your two drawn out and getting ready to paint.

Wysteriavine
07-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Waughtercolors, awesome! I have my bugs sketched out and I plan to paint them today.

waughtercolors
07-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Cant wait to see Wysteriavine!

DmyTLadybug
07-16-2016, 03:50 AM
Almost Miss Sandra, my final piece, the Praying Mantis, is in my gallery. I hope you like it. I'm seriously considering putting some facts on the Cicada card so they all match.
I don't know why that Praying Mantis card is so dark, it's a light purple background. Oh well, he's ready to kick some butt.

waughtercolors
07-17-2016, 03:07 PM
I love them all DmyTLadybug, can't wait to see them in person!

Wysteriavine
07-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Alright, got them done! They are in my gallery as well as -

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/7707/medium/1_IMG_5740.jpg

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/7707/medium/1_IMG_5735.jpg

I couldn't get my camera to do it's job, they have the same background color and the dragonfly is much more vibrant. :) Hope you like them, Waughtercolors!

waughtercolors
07-18-2016, 02:16 AM
Cameras can be so annoying sometimes Wysteriavine, I think the cards look wonderful, I love the bee's face, he has such personality and the like how you chose to show the dragonfly up close. I'm so glad you have added to Hannah's moley!

Wysteriavine
07-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Thank you! So haopy to have been able to add to her moley, with all this lovely art everyone has done it is going to be amazing!! I will mail them out in the next couple days. :)

Rosecake
07-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Finished my tip-in for Hannah. Lightening bugs! Don't have a scanner available today, but I should have it uploaded by Thursday or Friday.

waughtercolors
07-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Sounds wonderful Rosecake, can't wait to see your bugs!

waughtercolors
07-22-2016, 02:00 AM
I just saw your lightening bugs in the main gallery Rosecake, they are just lovely! What an awesome tip in for the moley. Thank you for making such a wonderful entry.

KPinAK
07-22-2016, 05:47 AM
Sandra, How many insect tipins do you have so far???

waughtercolors
07-22-2016, 10:32 AM
KPinAK I have nine in hand so far and I think about 4 or 5 more en route, then there are some folks who are committed but haven't made the art yet. I plan on making a group shot of the tip ins before I put them in the book.

KPinAK
07-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see all of them

TF Balding
07-24-2016, 10:49 PM
I have one card finished & hope to get a second one before tonight is over... Any idea of what bugs you already have so maybe I won't send duplicates? Lol...

Drake22ice
07-24-2016, 11:45 PM
Sorry it has taken so long to post this. It has been a busy month with family. I hope to do one or two more.. I think the due date is in a few weeks, right?
Anyways. Enjoy
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/4529/1_BuggyBunch.jpg

Amerasu
07-25-2016, 02:48 PM
I started mine, haven't forgotten! :)

waughtercolors
07-26-2016, 02:10 AM
You have a couple of more weeks Drake, I love those bugs!

Ya Amerasu, I have your return partially painted, I am working on a portrait commission this week so insects are hold for me till the portrait is done. Hopefully I have it done in a week.

TFBalding So far I have a stag beetle, Orchid Mantis, a horse fly, a decorative moth, giant mesquite bug, picasso bug, green stink bug, purple loose strife beetle, Sacred Beetle, Moondance Moths, praying mantis, cicada, ladybugs, bumble bee, a dragon fly and Drake's glorious bugs above.

I know she likes rhinoceros beetles. millipedes, centipedes. luna moths. But please don't limit yourself to my list, she loves everything!

waughtercolors
07-26-2016, 02:17 AM
Wysteriavine your beautiful tip ins have arrived safe and sound! Thank you so much for two wonderful insects!

ineedtocreate
07-26-2016, 03:55 PM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1433/small/1_Insect_Moley_Tip_in.jpg Sabertooth Longhorn beetle tip in. I took a photo of this mounted specimen at the Montréal Insectarium. These beetles are native to tropical rain forests from Colombia to Brazil. This is painted life-sized for a female. Males are even larger. And they fly!!!Thanks for the opportunity to do this!

TF Balding
07-26-2016, 10:53 PM
You have a couple of more weeks Drake, I love those bugs!

Ya Amerasu, I have your return partially painted, I am working on a portrait commission this week so insects are hold for me till the portrait is done. Hopefully I have it done in a week.

TFBalding So far I have a stag beetle, Orchid Mantis, a horse fly, a decorative moth, giant mesquite bug, picasso bug, green stink bug, purple loose strife beetle, Sacred Beetle, Moondance Moths, praying mantis, cicada, ladybugs, bumble bee, a dragon fly and Drake's glorious bugs above.

I know she likes rhinoceros beetles. millipedes, centipedes. luna moths. But please don't limit yourself to my list, she loves everything!

Ooooo!! My first page is a Luna moth---yay! :)

waughtercolors
07-27-2016, 12:13 AM
That looks awesome ineedtocreate! I can not wait to see it in person and the back story is interesting too. I am so glad you decided to make a tip in!

TFB, I happen to love Luna moths too, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

waughtercolors
08-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Here are two returns for wysteriavine. I chose from her themes list, animals in tudor clothing.
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_animal_tudor.jpg

pneumacia
08-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Oh wait... I think you might've gotten my profile confused with someone else's waughtercolors (maybe wisteriavine??), but still I won't say no to that precious monkey and goat, if you're sending them my way! :)

waughtercolors
08-05-2016, 12:44 AM
You are right pneumacia, I meant wisteriavine, I think I got a little discombobulated! Thanks for pointing it out for me! You are next to each other on my returns list, lol.

Wysteriavine
08-05-2016, 02:44 AM
Waughtercolors, they are lovely, thank you! I can't wait to see them in person. :)

waughtercolors
08-06-2016, 03:12 AM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_cosmonaut.jpg

These two atcs are officially for pnuemacia! Tin tin fan art and a phantom cosmonaut.

Drake22ice
08-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Here is the second one. Enjoy
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/4529/1_Night_and_Day_for_waughtercolors.jpg

waughtercolors
08-08-2016, 01:50 AM
Just lovely Drake22ice! Another splendid tip in from you. I love the night scene with that luminescent moon and how the light rests on each of the insects. The colors are so rich, it is fabulous!

kosmicgirl
08-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Got one done!

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/6714/1_hyles_lineata.jpg

TF Balding
08-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Mailed mine today! :)

Amerasu
08-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Will finally finish mine up today and get in the mail for you tomorrow!

Drake22ice
08-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Mine went in the mail, today

waughtercolors
08-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Hooray Drake, TFB and Amerasu, I will be looking for them! I am so excited!

Kosmicgirl, that card is KOSMIC! Wowzers, what a beautiful moth, and you portrayed her furriness perfectly. Love it!

Amerasu
08-10-2016, 02:07 AM
Here's my tip-in card. I did it on 90 lb paper so it's easier to glue in. Hope it's ok!

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/2/large/1_insect-for-waughtercolors.jpg

kosmicgirl
08-11-2016, 05:25 AM
Amerasu - I seriously LOVE the colours!! :prettyhearts:

Mine went in the mail yesterday - I hope it'll make it before the deadline....

waughtercolors
08-11-2016, 05:51 PM
You usually arrive pretty quickly kosmicgirl, I think you will be fine.

Amerasu, that is a lovely wasp. Gorgeous colors. I think the 90lb paper is fine, can't wait to see it in person.

Wysteriavine
08-11-2016, 11:25 PM
I got my lovely cards from Waughtercolors! They are even more amazing in person, thank you!! :)

waughtercolors
08-13-2016, 10:46 PM
HooRAY Wysteriavine! Glad they made it safe.

waughtercolors
08-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Here is my tip in return for kosmic girl.

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_20160817_075037_resized.jpg

Drake22ice
08-17-2016, 01:06 PM
Has mine arrived yet? just wondering

waughtercolors
08-19-2016, 03:18 AM
Oh Yes Drakie, I thought I had given you itrader already, they are so awesome in person the amount of detail is amazing, and they are absolutely fabulous! I love them both!!!!!

Drake22ice
08-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Glad you like them. Glad they made it

waughtercolors
08-28-2016, 02:14 AM
I gave Hannah the book today when we took her for move in day. SHE LOVED IT! We looked at each page and talked about where everyone came from and how she loved the art. It was a hectic time but we are going to see each other soon and enjoy the book more thoroughly together. She was impressed with how many artists responded and commented on how skilled everyone is. I am going to have Hannah help me make a youtube look through of the book so everyone can see the end result. I bought a really beautiful watercolor sketchbook for the cards, it is stunning!

Thank you everyone for making this happen, I am very lucky to know each and everyone of you and to be a part of this community. iATCs is wonderful place!

kosmicgirl
08-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Wonderful! I'm so glad she liked it! (but honestly, how could she not? ;) )

Did my tip in make it on time? I was worried for sending so last minute...

Pabkins
08-28-2016, 05:23 PM
DId she still have blank pages in the back or more tips ins? I know she's off now to college but maybe on her holiday visit I could have one done for you to add in for her.

Just holler and let me know

waughtercolors
08-29-2016, 03:10 AM
There are about 8 blank pages. I told her I may have a few more tip ins and she can have her friends make some too, Pabkins. I will let you know.

waughtercolors
09-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Now that the artathon is over, I will get back to finishing the returns for Hannah's Moley. The first page is up to date if you need to see where I am.

Rosecake
09-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Hmm. I don't see my name on the list.

waughtercolors
09-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Oh goodness gracious Rosecake, let me go fix that right away, landsakes!

kosmicgirl
09-09-2016, 10:34 PM
My trade card arrived today - absolutely amazing! I think the moley is such a wonderful and thoughtful idea of yours, and I am happy to reap the benefits - gorgeous waughtercolors art for me ;)

DmyTLadybug
09-14-2016, 12:56 AM
I'm glad Hannah likes her book. You're a very thoughtful mother!

waughtercolors
09-22-2016, 02:56 AM
Catpratt this mermaid is for you!

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_Mermaid_postcard.jpg

Are you sure you want me to put her in the post without an envelope? Pretty scary to me!!!!

Amerasu, your return is going in the mail tomorrow morning, keep an eye out for it.

waughtercolors
09-23-2016, 02:38 AM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_Amy_waiting_for_the_Dr..jpg

Here is my return for Danielle Williams, it is Amy Pond waiting for the Dr. Dr Who fans will understand :)

I may add some words in the upper left hand corner, waiting to hear from Danielle if she would like it just plain or with the words.

waughtercolors
10-10-2016, 03:58 AM
I know I have a few of you left to finish, I have some of it half finished and plan to have everything done in about two weeks.

waughtercolors
11-09-2016, 08:02 PM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_Harley_Quinn.jpg

My return for TF Balding, Harley Quinn, 4x6.

waughtercolors
11-09-2016, 08:07 PM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_frida.jpghttp://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_chick_with_scarf.jpg

Two returns for Rosecake, I almost have the list done!

waughtercolors
11-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Tlouey, you are next on the list. I have a notation that you would like a moley entry as your return. I sent you a message in September, but I think your mail box may have been full. If you are ready, you can mail me the moley with directions and I will get started on it.

KPinAK
11-09-2016, 09:15 PM
That chick is SO stinking cute. So is the baby bird. haha.

waughtercolors
11-10-2016, 12:18 AM
ha, ha thanks KPinAK. :)

TF Balding
11-10-2016, 02:54 AM
http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/1393/1_Harley_Quinn.jpg

My return for TF Balding, Harley Quinn, 4x6.

Oh... My... Holy hotness woman---she is STUNNING!! I'm so jealous that she's going in a book for MY kiddo, but she is going to absolutely DIE when she sees it!! Thank you! :prettyhearts:

waughtercolors
12-03-2016, 02:45 AM
Here are a couple of photos of Hannah's moley. I bought a really nice watercolor sketchbook with thick paper. The tip-ins fit nicely and I wrote who the artist was and where they came from.