PDA

View Full Version : Art Inspired by “Brian Froud “ Due FEB 25

WhiteMoth
11-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Swap due Feb.25

Art Inspired by.... Artist “Brian Froud “

I am a huge fan of Brian Froud…as I’m sure many other artists’ are!
If you’re not familiar with his creations follow the link below.

http://www.worldoffroud.com/index.html

Choose from his pressed fairies or dark goblins…
whatever inspires you!

:D

Drawn or painted art…..Mixed media is welcomed

3/3 cards
Due date is Feb. 25th

--Put your Username and Real name on the backs of your cards
--Please send cards in clear plastic sleeves.

Important~ Write your username on the outside of your envelope ~~

US players and International players are welcome
US players please include a 41 cent stamp
International players just send your cards no return postage necessary.

I have plenty of envelopes so there is NO need to send an sase.

If I don’t have your address… I will ask for it.

Please be sure to mark your calendars of the due date. Allow at least one week for your cards to make it to their destination. Remember….late cards hold up swap returns.

An extra card as a thank you is very much appreciated but not necessary.

When your cards are received I will mark “received” next to your name. I will also give trader rating comments at that time.

Limited to 20 players
1.Me
2.Artyiagirl....received
3.Amerasu...withdrawn
4.Chronata...withdrawn
5.Altermyworld....withdrawn
6.Meran...received
7.Princessgene...received
8.Scribblenpaint...received

artyiagirl
11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Ahhh H - Count me in -- I'll make it fit. I'm sure the work this will amazing and I don't want to miss out! Plus, it'll be a good exercise in detail and textured line - always good practice for me.

Amerasu
11-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Count me in as a Brian Froud fan :)

WhiteMoth
11-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for joining Artyiagirl and Amerasu.

I am so excited about this swap...I think the results will be amazing!

Chronata
11-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Arrrrrgggg!~ ...Oh wait...January?
Ok...I can do that!

Big fan of Froud here as well!

altermyworld
11-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Me please :)
ang

Meran
11-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Bad girl! Due date is too early! Make it Mid Feb and I'll play.. otherwise, I HAVE to say no. Too many outstanding personal trades AND swaps... and we know I can do this one, hmm? My avatar took all week... even the others I did were pricey, time-wise.
Change the deadline? please?

WhiteMoth
11-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Chronata and Altermyworld....thanks for joining :)

WhiteMoth
11-24-2007, 05:17 AM
Bad girl! Due date is too early! Make it Mid Feb and I'll play.. otherwise, I HAVE to say no. Too many outstanding personal trades AND swaps... and we know I can do this one, hmm? My avatar took all week... even the others I did were pricey, time-wise.
Change the deadline? please?

I will change the due date to Feb.th

Meran
11-24-2007, 05:42 AM
thanks so much!! I'd love to have cards from this swap... I owe you... prob a host card, lol

WhiteMoth
11-24-2007, 05:46 AM
thanks so much!! I'd love to have cards from this swap... I owe you... prob a host card, lol

Your welcome....I do hate to see you lose out on this swap.
No wait....we would be the ones losing out!!!
;)

Glad your here!

princessgene
11-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Count me in. I'll play.

WhiteMoth
11-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I would love to count you in Princessgene

Chronata
11-24-2007, 05:03 PM
OOOh! February is even better!!! Yay!

artyiagirl
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I know this is way out - but I've tackled a couple of them. Here they are . . .

WhiteMoth
12-16-2007, 05:26 PM
artiagirl....i dont think they are out there.
I think they are simply wonderful!
love the one on right....it's so cool
:jiggy:

scribblenpaint
12-27-2007, 08:41 AM
I've spent a lovely afternoon making Froud inspired cards. Now may I join the swap, please? :-))

WhiteMoth
12-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Scribblenpaint...
Good for you!
I'm thrilled to have you join us!
:jiggy:

scribblenpaint
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks Harriet :-)) I have your address. Do you want me to wait until Feb to send them off? This is my first 'swap' with the group, and I will have to allow at least two weeks for travelling time.
I even printed out labels for the backs!!

Hugs Sue :-))

WhiteMoth
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Sue...
I think you will really enjoy swaps and will find yourself joining them often!
You can mail them whenever you want.
:)

I have a special place I keep them and will just pull them when its time.

Did you post them in the gallery?

scribblenpaint
12-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Yup, uploaded them to my gallery. They are on their way to you. I posted them this afternoon.

artyiagirl
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
I really should be working on my Chagall cards :embarrassed:, but these were just so fun! I am posting my last two cards. I'm sending 4 so that you can have your choice of one for hosting. Thanks for a fun swap!

WhiteMoth
12-31-2007, 07:30 PM
Those are so cool artiagirl!
Really great group of cards
Thanks for letting me pick a hostess card ;)
it will be hard to choose!

artyiagirl
01-12-2008, 06:13 PM
My cards are going postal today. I think I posted all my cards, but just in case I missed any, here's my set on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arty-ia-girl/sets/72157603583948660/

WhiteMoth
01-13-2008, 02:15 AM
I look forward to seeing them!

The link says flickr is having a massage...lol
i will try later

Chronata
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
As much as I really really really don't wanna do this...
I'm afraid I have to drop from this swap. :(

Just way too much stress right now. Maybe if I had a card finished by now, i would stick with it...but I don't even have one started.

I am so sorry, Whitemoth. I was really looking forward to this one too.

WhiteMoth
02-11-2008, 03:23 PM
No problem Chronata!
;)

here's to wishing your stress away! :)

altermyworld
02-18-2008, 01:43 AM
I am so sorry to do this, however i don't have time to finish the cards for this swap:(

ANg

mrs_weyremaster
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Love the cards i've seen for this swap. I've just checked out some of Brian Frounds art, and it looks so complicated and detailed, way to scary for me to try. Hope your gonna do a swap gallery of these cards Whitemoth, would love to see them all together. :)

WhiteMoth
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Love the cards i've seen for this swap. I've just checked out some of Brian Frounds art, and it looks so complicated and detailed, way to scary for me to try. Hope your gonna do a swap gallery of these cards Whitemoth, would love to see them all together. :)

I will scan them all together and yeah....I think they would look great. But....I think your art would have been a wonderful addition!
Alot of his art is much more simple than it looks!

WhiteMoth
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I am so sorry to do this, however i don't have time to finish the cards for this swap:(

ANg

Ah...we will miss you...no problems tho....i understand.

mrs_weyremaster
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I need to find time to join some of your swaps, you come up with some wonderful themes, i've just got a couple of chunky books and PATs on the go at the moment, so couldn't make your recent swaps :(

WhiteMoth
02-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I need to find time to join some of your swaps, you come up with some wonderful themes, i've just got a couple of chunky books and PATs on the go at the moment, so couldn't make your recent swaps :(

Oh...I would love for you to join one!
I am so crazy about the art doll card you made for me :jiggy:
I plan hosting another swap very soon....still kicking ideas around. I hope that it will appeal to you ;)

mrs_weyremaster
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
If the deadlines, fit in with my schedule, i'll happily join in. :)

WhiteMoth
02-18-2008, 10:24 PM
If the deadlines, fit in with my schedule, i'll happily join in. :)

:jiggy: I hope it works out so you can

Meran
02-19-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm working on mine, and don't want to be left out!! please be patient, will work on them tomorrow and send them off soonest!

WhiteMoth
02-19-2008, 02:39 AM
I'm working on mine, and don't want to be left out!! please be patient, will work on them tomorrow and send them off soonest!

No worries Meran!
I sure am willing to wait for your beautiful works of art!
;)

Meran
02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm a bad ATC artist. Bad. I, umm, HAD to keep one for myself. Sorry. Really I am. But I don't have any Brian Froud's of my own, you see, and I, well, I just FELL IN LOVE.
They'll be posted here tomorrow I guess.
>hangs head in shame over selfishness<

WhiteMoth
02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Meran...you ARE so bad!
LOL
I look forward to seeing them

Meran
02-23-2008, 10:53 PM
here's mine. in the mail today. and the one I kept is in the gallery.. with Traded on it, but it's not. ;)

WhiteMoth
02-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Meran....they are wonderful!
Worth the wait ;)

Meran
02-23-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks. :)

princessgene
02-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Meran your cards are cute! I love them!

Well, here's the deal with me. I was going to drop this swap as I didn't realize it was due by the 25th. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was due in March. Anyway, when I realized I had the wrong date, I worked on my cards this past thursday and friday with the intention of sending them priority on Saturday. Well...the post office closes at noon and I didn't make it there in time. White Moth....do you still want me to send the cards on Monday or would you rather swap the cards without mine since they will be late? I know...I've been really terrible lately about being late! These due dates just keep creeping up on me unexepectedly.

WhiteMoth
02-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Meran your cards are cute! I love them!

Well, here's the deal with me. I was going to drop this swap as I didn't realize it was due by the 25th. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was due in March. Anyway, when I realized I had the wrong date, I worked on my cards this past thursday and friday with the intention of sending them priority on Saturday. Well...the post office closes at noon and I didn't make it there in time. White Moth....do you still want me to send the cards on Monday or would you rather swap the cards without mine since they will be late? I know...I've been really terrible lately about being late! These due dates just keep creeping up on me unexepectedly.

Oh goodness yes....we want your cards!
Of course yes....send them on Monday....no worries
;)

princessgene
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Great! They will go in the mail tomorrow Priority. Hopefully it won't take too long as Indianna isn't that far from Minnesota. However, I just noticed I have two addresses for you. I had these addressed to your PO Box in Helmsburg. Is that correct? Or should I be using the other address in Nashville?

WhiteMoth
02-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Great! They will go in the mail tomorrow Priority. Hopefully it won't take too long as Indianna isn't that far from Minnesota. However, I just noticed I have two addresses for you. I had these addressed to your PO Box in Helmsburg. Is that correct? Or should I be using the other address in Nashville?

You dont have to send them Priority

You are so close...save yourself the extra money....please.

Yeah....the P.O. Box is the correct one!

princessgene
02-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Here are my cards for the Brian Froud Swap.

Pamalama
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish I had been in this swap. I see some awesome art within the thread. You artists are having way too much fun without me!!!! Keep it up!

WhiteMoth
02-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Princessgene....your cards arrived today!
They are wonderful :D

So...I will be swapping them out tomorrow and mailing them.

Thank you everyone for creating such wonderful little works of art!
;)

Meran
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I got my cards yesterday! whoo hoo!
a squashed fairy from scribblenpaint (my first of hers)
pignut the pixie from artyIAgirl (I'm getting quite a few of her cards, much to my delight!)
and a goblin fairy from PrincessGene!
I love Brian Froud! and he's inspired so many people... I talked to him last year. Shook his hand, actually. I'm hoping some rubbed off on me! lol
Thanks Hostess Lady!

scribblenpaint
03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Received my three wonderful swap cards just now. The Yellow Blurker from Artyiagirl, The Green Man from White Moth and Goblin Prison from Princessgene. They are all great! Many thanks to you all, and thank you for organising the swap Harriet. :-)))

princessgene
03-25-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm finally catching up on all my swaps and feedback. Thanks to Whitemoth, Scribblenpaint, and Meran. Excellent cards!