PDA

View Full Version : Rak attack?

Swaggertoes
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I donno if you guys remember my RAK request a while back about my friend with cancer...which I canceled because they told me he was going to die, and then he got better, and then in January, we lost him...
His mom just lost him at the end of January, and I just found out she just lost her father this week. I mean, really...that's just too much to deal with for any one person at a time! Losing a son and a father back to back...your last parent? I just wish there was something special I could do for her. I got to thinkin' that maybe you all would be willing to help me out my sending her out some cute Wizard of Oz themed cards or the like. (I know she collects Oz things...) I would be willing to trade some stuff I have in my Availables for such things as well. I hope to be making more soon, but I have been swamped with commission stuff and a few swaps.

If anyone has heart and courage, it's this woman...she took care of her ailing father and son for years. I just want to try and make her smile a little bit. I thought random doses of yellow brick road might just be what the doctor ordered...

goodmorningstarshine
03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
That is terrible! I'll RAK her!

Swaggertoes
03-24-2011, 11:49 PM
That would be awesome! I donno how to go about it though, should people send them straight to her? I wonder if she'd be freaked out if I gave her addy out to a bunch of artists. lol If I send mine first maybe that will seem less intrusive? What would you guys do?

EraserQueen
03-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Dos she have any other relatives or close friends you can ask to see if she'd be freaked out by getting mail from strangers? I can send her something :)

Swaggertoes
03-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Well, the only way I was really connected to her was through my friend Andy, but I am also friends with her best friend's daughter, so let me see if I can get in touch with her and see what she thinks. :D

Meran
03-26-2011, 03:09 AM
I would be interested, possibly.. let me think of something Oz related, that I'll want to do, oh wait, I know now :D

yeah, tell me if I send to you or her...