PDA

View Full Version : would anyone be interested in...

katilady
10-17-2009, 05:01 PM
...doing a collage-a-thon on this site? i think they are a lot of fun but i am at a place where my space is limited so i don't trade with just anybody. having one here would make that easier for me. would anyone be interested?

monarch
10-17-2009, 05:37 PM
They are fun.........................I would participate................

Veterok.
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds good to me!

katilady
10-17-2009, 07:01 PM
awesome! what weekend would work best for everyone? throw out some dates!

Veterok.
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
How about the next weekend? I don't really go anywhere or do anything so I'm pretty open to all suggestions.

katilady
10-17-2009, 09:25 PM
that would work for me. at afa the CAT's start friday 5pm your time and go to sunday, i think 5pm.

Tellulah
10-17-2009, 09:48 PM
A CAT here would be very worthwhile. I'd play for sure. I might have time next weekend, Sat and Sun are open so far...there's a birthday in our family this weekend, not sure when the party is...?

katilady
10-17-2009, 10:08 PM
that would be awesome tellulah!

EraserQueen
10-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I would like to participate! I don't really understand how they work though?

katilady
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
yea, i should explain that! here's how it works:

from 5PM friday YOUR time to 5PM sunday YOUR time make as many collaged atc's as possible. load them to the gallery and to the thread and trade with other folks who are playing. they can be mixed media, and can have hand drawn elements but should def be collaged too. some folks prep backgrounds days in advance, but no collaging is actually allowed to happen until 5PM friday.

over on afa occasionally someone (usually nanner) will throw out a challenge--like make a collaged card about death, or something. whoever wants to play the challenge can but it isn't necessary and they're are no prizes.

you can trade your card with whomever you want, even those not playing, but most folks give dibs to those that are playing.

these events are popular on afa and are a lot of fun especially when there is a lot of banter in the thread. i thought it would be worthwhile to try here where the skill level is higher.

EraserQueen
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah! I like that idea! I would be totally up for it :D If anyone has skype, we could have a conference call Bwahaha :)

The challenge idea sounds fun too..... I could post an image for people to try to work in to their card..... which brings up the question... does it have to be an ATC? or can we make anything bigger? (My collage ATCs SUCK lol)

katilady
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
i am not gonna stop you from working bigger, but the original idea was for atc's. it'd be the perfect time to practice them annie!

EraserQueen
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
You've got a point, so everyone prepare to witness the creation of total and utter crap LOL. maybe you guys can help me improve on a smaller scale! :)

Veterok.
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Now when I think of it this kind of sounds like the decomaking marathons we have from time to time at my place, haha.. : D

katilady
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
i so doubt you make crap annie!

i hope that doesn't scare you off veterok.!

we need more players, pm you mma friends!

Tellulah
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Ha, EQ...you won't be the lone ranger...I collage slowwwly and end up painting so much on top of them...it's hard to tell they're collages! I need the collage practice too.

Here's a collage I made during the CAT going on over at AFA this weekend...I'm trading it later as I'm going to reproduce it to use it as my halloween card to give to friends... :cute:

http://www.illustratedatcs.com/forum/gallery/images/757/medium/1_give_me_some_sugah_baby.jpg

hogret
10-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Oh yes!!! I'm in ...

katilady
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
hooray!!!!

EraserQueen
10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I love that Tellulah!

coffeelatte
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Katilady - I will definitely try to do this next weekend! I cut my fingertip pretty badly and couldn't really manage my scissors very well so didn't do anything for the AFA CAT this past weekend.

So, IATC CAT is now on my calendar!

The good news is that I didn't need stitches, got to wrap my finger in fancy purple and green bandaids (which have gathered lots of compliments and questions) and spent my arty time last week end painting many LARGE journal pages. It actually ended up being fun, just not what I'd planned.

katilady
10-20-2009, 12:08 AM
i am glad you are OK cindy and that you are gonna join us! :)

Amerasu
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I can send out a PM to all MMA members if you'd like. I'm sure I can do this in admin somehow. Just let me know what you want to announce re: date/time, details, etc.

katilady
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM
that's awesome amerasu. i did get a list from annie and i sent out a pm based on that, but another one couldn't hurt.

it'll be this weekend oct. 23 from 5PM to oct. 25 5PM. all times start at your local time zone. the goal is to collage and trade as many atc's as you can/want to in that time frame. they can be mixed media nad have hand drawn but must have collage elements.

katilady
10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
trying to drum up more interest for this weekend!

ArteDar
10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
AHA!! I'm interested. Have never partaken in one yet....but there's always a first, eh?
I do have a B.P. on Sun. and won't be here....soooooo....better try and get ready.
I'm like you Annie...I like bigger but will do the atc.

katilady
10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
yay dar! glad you will be joining us!

ArteDar
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh....I'm getting ready ya'll!!! :jiggy: Here's a peek at my work/play area....LOTS of supplies....so happy to join you all....I was starting to get really boared and uninspired....this is just what I needed.
I asked our hostess if there was going to be a theme and she said it was going to be open and each of us could make challenges.

Muse....this is hard to describe for some artists. I have mine figured out and try very hard to stay in touch....control is wicked fun.
My muse is an entity.
She's a Fate....well, there's actually 3 Fates.
From Greek mythology the three Fates are Goddesses who control human life.
In my life they control my muse....artfulness....or artlessness.

CLOTHO; she spins the thread of life.
LACHESIS; she determines the length of the life thread.
and
ATROPOS; she cuts the thread of life.

I'm challenging everyone to make at least three cards based on these three Goddesses.
No cheating.....don't make your cards....just gather your ideas and materials so we can all have a jumping off point and get right into it at 5PM Friday....maybe!!!
Can you tell I'm too excited and extreme?

OriginalYouth
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm hoping to play a bit this weekend, but it's pretty full, including a double date to Six Flags on Saturday! woot! I'm also painting the floor in my studio, so it's hard to get around in there. I'll come if I can though!

katilady
10-23-2009, 12:35 AM
sounds like you have a busy weekend planned sarah! you know where to find us if you get a chance. :)

katilady
10-23-2009, 12:36 AM
i am actually going to start the collage-a-thon thread this evening, so that it's there for folks in other parts of the world tomorrow.

Dragonfly
10-23-2009, 03:53 AM
This sounds great! I won't be home Friday after 5 or a lot of the weekend either, but maybe I can find some time. I'm not sure about how to post cards to this thread though, being a newb I haven't done it yet. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!

LisaB
10-23-2009, 11:53 AM
I will try to participate, but am trying to finish up paintings for a show. I can attest that these are a ton of fun!!!!!!!!!!

Veterok.
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
If I'm doing everything right I'm starting in an hour.

Amerasu
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
ggrrr... I want to be an MMA member and play, lol. Maybe I'll just make some MMA collage stuff this weekend and then apply with the stuff I make.

Amerasu
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
You guys should get out the video cams and all hook up on Skype or something. Makes it more fun :)

Veterok.
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I was kinda thinking about it, too - I'll probably just make a video or two and post them to YouTube/here during this weekend. IF I'm not lazy.

katilady
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
ggrrr... I want to be an MMA member and play, lol. Maybe I'll just make some MMA collage stuff this weekend and then apply with the stuff I make.
do that sal! i wish there was a way for everyone to play!

You guys should get out the video cams and all hook up on Skype or something. Makes it more fun :)
if i knew how to work skype i totally would!

katilady
10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
If I'm doing everything right I'm starting in an hour.

any min now for you!

katilady
10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
This sounds great! I won't be home Friday after 5 or a lot of the weekend either, but maybe I can find some time. I'm not sure about how to post cards to this thread though, being a newb I haven't done it yet. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!

we'd love to have you! it's pretty simple to post images. under the box to type messages is a button tha says 'go advanced'. click that and you'll be taken to a message box with a lot of options. one of those options is a button that looks like a paperclip. click that to add attachments.

EraserQueen
10-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Yay! I'll be on Skype starting at 5pm EST hopefully LOL, I'm Eraserqueen there...

ArteDar
10-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm downloading Skype now....I have it on the desk top but it won't do any good for us in another room.....soooo LT is getting it now too.
I'll let ya'll know what screen name when I find out if I can use the same one or not.
:)

Has anyone started playing yet? my clock time is 5:05 pm EST

EraserQueen
10-23-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm playng! Kati made a new thread for us!

ArteDar
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
nope....new name ArtyDar....heehee