PDA

View Full Version : Couchart Sketchbook Thread

Ashazart
10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I like Amerasu's idea about each person starting a sketchbook thread. It is great to be able to take a peek into what others have in their sketchbooks. Sometimes I will take a sketchbook to work and spend time on my lunch hour sketching. Most of the time I just sketch something imaginary but occasionally I will sketch something on my desk or look at a photo for reference. I am attaching a few pics from a couple of my sketchpads. It seems that when I don't have something specific to draw, I tend to make up rather weird looking creatures.

Amerasu
10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Fantastic, Cynthia! I especially love the dog images. Were those from life or from photos?

I'd love to make up weird creatures. I'm not very good at it though but I do hope that more sketchbooking will help me to use my imagination more. I love your weird little birds! Keep them coming :)

I'm loving all of the sketchbook threads! I can't wait to see them all as they grow :)

EraserQueen
10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
WOW! Will you be turning your mountain birds into cards at all? I'd LOVE to have one, they are great, ALL your sketches are cool, I love your organic design, they're really restful to look at :D

Ashazart
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks gals!

Sal, the dog sketches are of my dog, Asha. I think I drew them while looking at photos I had taken of her. I have sketched Asha from life, but I have to do that when she is conked out because she hasn't learned the "hold that pose" cue yet. ;)

Annie, the weird little purple bird fish (top right scan, bottom right creature) was turned into an ATC. I have never traded it (mainly because it is such a simple little sketch). I'd be happy to send it along when we do our 3/3 abstract trade. The one above it I turned into a card and traded to someone. The birds in the top left picture, which I call my "mutant birds" were too close together to turn into cards, but I did use the scans to create some faux postage stamps (http://pics.livejournal.com/couchart/gallery/000akeyh).

PurpleRealm
10-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Awesome sketches, Cynthia! Im with Sal about creating odd creatures. Wish I could do it! Those birds are soooo cool! And those sketches of your doggie are beautiful.

EraserQueen
10-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Yah! I'd love to trade for that card Cynthia :D What would you like from me??